P3P Rotate Yaw jerky and gimbal horizon problems
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vitruvius
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22556 ft
Canada

Hello. I have the P3P and I am having more and more problems with the rotation / yaw control and gimbal.
One, when I start to rotate the drone the camera is kind of jerky. It is as if the drone and stabilization are not working together. When the rotation starts the camera tries to counter the rotation first and then when it decide to go along it has to catch up so it is not smooth at all no matter how smooth I rotate. I have tried different adjustments to the expo.
Second issue is that the rotation does not stay still any more. It is drifting to one side or the other. Yes, I did all the calibrations. No matter what I do with the stick it just turns a bit and every time is different speed and direction even with no wind. When there is a very slight wind from one direction and I try a slow 360 rotation I get "humps" when the camera is perpendicular to the wind direction where it has a lot of difficulty turning. On one side I have to add a lot more input and on the other side I have to almost counter turn to fight the rotation because it is too fast. Weird.
Third issue is the horizon is hardly ever level. I do the gimbal calibration in the air but each time I make a small adjustment to the horizon the camera counter acts the correction so I can't get it level. At the out-of-level changes during flight too.
Any help of links would be much appreciated.
2016-5-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Hello Vitruvius, it would be better if you can post a video of this issue here. Besides, did you see any error message of gimbal overload or hear some strange noise from the gimbal? Any crash before?
2016-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules