Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with a Lightbridge 1
12Next >
11158 54 2016-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
willyfan
lvl.1
Italy

I bought about month ago a lightbrige 1, in order to use it on a Cablecam with a Futaba Transmitter.
In this days I'm working to setup the system , but I have some problem with Lightbridge device. I explain:
1) I connect the air system to a GH4 from HDMI Cable micro-hdmi ->micro-hdmi (the cable in the lightbridge box). When I connect the cable, the video light on the air system change from red to green, so seems to work well.
2) When i turn on the ground system, the connection LED blink a bit, and after that stay solid green, both on air and ground system. So, I assume that there is connection and all is working well.
3) I installed Lightbridge assistant on a Win10 PC, but there is no connection with lightbridge. Intalled on a Win7 PC it seems work: connection indicator is green and blu indicator blink. I can do the calibration from my Futaba transmitter.4) the command transmitted from ground to air system is working well, and my hardware receive all command without problem.

here begin the problems:
1) From HDMI out of the ground system I have no signal. I tried to set the GH4 in to PAL and NTSC but it don't work anyway.
2) If I connect a phone (I have a bluego phone with android 4.4.2) the app start but there is no connection. The phone have USB debug on.
3) On a Lightbridge assistant, in the firmware upgrade page, I can see only the first firmware version (ground system main controller), but I don't see nothing at "ground system decoder" and "ground system transmitter" lines. If I try to click un Update button, I receive the error "Device information not verified". Please note that if I connect the Assistant to the air system, I see all module firmware versions filled, actually upgraded to the last version (air system main controller, air system encoder and air system transmitter)

So, Actually I'm unable to use my lightbridge: please note that it is NEW, biought only one month ago in Italy, and it was never used before.
Please help me, I do'nt know how solve the problem and I need the lightbridge in some days.

2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Could you please go through the Lightbridge 1 User Manual firstly? (http://www.dji.com/product/dji-lightbridge/info#downloads)
Hope you'll get some insight for your problem.
More details about the connection and your settings may be helpful for our analysis!
2016-5-6
Use props
willyfan
lvl.1
Italy

Dear sir, I have the manual. I read the manual for the first. Connections are OK, but lightbridge don't work. I bought a brick.
I sent my lightbridge to assistance, but in the future I will be far away from DJI, because if this is the assistance (read the manual!!! I'm offended from this answer!!!).
Anyway, just for your analisys, the lightbridge only connected with assistant don't work:
On a Lightbridge assistant, in the firmware upgrade page, I can see only the first firmware version (ground system main controller), but I don't see nothing at "ground system decoder" and "ground system transmitter" lines. If I try to click un Update button, I receive the error "Device information not verified". Please note that if I connect the Assistant to the air system, I see all module firmware versions filled, actually upgraded to the last version (air system main controller, air system encoder and air system transmitter)
Hope you read my words.
2016-5-12
Use props
antonio.mendiol
lvl.1

Mexico

willyfan Posted at 2016-5-12 17:55
Dear sir, I have the manual. I read the manual for the first. Connections are OK, but lightbridge do ...

I have the same problem updating my lightbridge and I also have no video feed in my ground station. Can you please give us a way to make a hardreset?
2016-5-13
Use props
sudya_v
lvl.1

Ukraine

My problem, 6 month ago, without any, solution

2016-5-15
Use props
christhechris
Flight distance : 846483 ft
Germany

do you have a solution? i have the same problem!
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

sudya_v@mail.ru Posted at 2016-5-16 04:48

Hello.
In you situation, there might be something wrong with the Ground system. Please contact your dealer for repair.

Thanks.
2016-5-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

willyfan Posted at 2016-5-13 06:55
Dear sir, I have the manual. I read the manual for the first. Connections are OK, but lightbridge do ...

Hello, willyfan
Sorry for any frustration caused.
Please understand that we need to analyze the issue step by step in order to figure out the problem. We'll always suggest our customers to read the User Manual first. I'm glad that you've gone through it already.
According to your description, the problem should be out of your Ground station, could you please return it for repair.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
2016-5-27
Use props
christhechris
Flight distance : 846483 ft
Germany

I sent my lightbridge (1 year old) back to the support because of an other problem (no HDMI signal at the air unit) and I got a new one with the problem, described in this thread.
I lost 3 customers in the last 2 weeks -> lost a lot of money!

Hopefully I will get the next new one in a few days and its working and I hope I can trust the lightbridge on my S1000 with very! expensive camera
2016-5-28
Use props
mendesrr
New

Portugal

My LB1 is still not 2 years old and has less than 10 hours of use and has exactly the same problem. How may I proceed to repair my defect unit?
Now it even doesn't work with IOS anymore, what a shame. I was the first ones to pre-order the first batch of units back then when DJI was full of promises of FullHD KM's away with an IPAD App.
The result of trusting DJI? False promises and a defect unit.
2016-6-1
Use props
sudya_v
lvl.1

Ukraine

Ready to pay 380 USD - repair ?

2016-6-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

sudya_v@mail.ru Posted at 2016-6-9 12:47
Ready to pay 380 USD - repair ?

I have responded to you in another thread.
2016-6-9
Use props
Reini2
New

Germany

First my LB1 was ok. Now I have same problem with my 1 year old LB1.
Exact same problem:
1) From HDMI out of the ground system I have no signal
2) If I connect a phone. The app start but there is no connection. Few month ago it was working with this phone. The phone have USB debug on.
3) On Lightbridge assistant, in the firmware upgrade page, I can see only the first firmware version

One week ago I've sent it back for repair. It looks like a general problem. Hope it will be repaiered on warranty.
2016-6-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

There were some bad boards but that was in preproduction units not the production units.  It could be the constant insertion of the HDMI into the port.  That can weaken the contacts.  Until we receive it, we will not what the problems are.  Thank you for your patience.
2016-6-9
Use props
victorpinto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125371 ft
Switzerland

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=11507

I see that everyone has this problem
the sudden my Lightbridge has started doing this
It is an issue that won't solve, DJI wants to sell the Lightbridge 2
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

victorpinto Posted at 2016-6-10 19:50
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=11507

I see that everyone has this problem

I'm sorry you are experiencing an issue, when you contacted DJI support for an RMA what did they tell you?
2016-6-10
Use props
ptlaut
New

Indonesia

i got this problem after not using my custom octocopter for 6 month. last time i used after upgrade to 1.4.8 is still okay.

then i got missing firmware like all of you... fortunately i still have 1 ground station which is not upgrade to 1.4.8. it still have 1.4.6 firmware. and still okay until now.

so i think its not a hardware defect. its a software/firmware problem.... please dji. make my lightbridge works again. i have 2 set of lightbridge and still needed for my phantom 2 and my octocopter.

2016-6-29
Use props
matthiggins87
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Same problems here. Lightbridge has been working properly and without issue and now all of a sudden I get no video feed/osd although all controls work fine. Similarly to sudya_v, I also do not get a reading for either air or ground decoders or transmitters in the Upgrade tab in Lightbridge Assistant. Strange how this product has been around for a while and now all of a sudden lots of people seem to be having this problem.
Where should I send my unit to be repaired and how much am I going to have to spend?
2016-7-5
Use props
matthiggins87
lvl.4
United Kingdom

sudya_v@mail.ru Posted at 2016-5-15 21:48

Did you fix this problem? Ive started having same issues
2016-7-5
Use props
willyfan
lvl.1
Italy

Dear dji support, as you suggest,  I sent my Lightbridge to reseller. After some week I received a new Lightbridge in substitution. I tried the unit just arrived, at i seems work ok. This happen at the end of May.
Today, I switched on my lightbridge but battery is not working (remember that I used the it only 10 minutes, after that I switched off). After recharge the battery, I have the same problem: I can see only the first firmware version (ground system main controller), but I don't see nothing at "ground system decoder" and "ground system transmitter" lines. And App don't connect ecc ecc.
This is the second unit with the same problem!!! I understand that if you let the lightbridge not used this fault happen, but is unuseful!
Please please please find me a solution. I can send my unit again to reseller, but what happen when I receive it repaired? Maybe is fault when I need it?
2016-7-13
Use props
sudya_v
lvl.1

Ukraine

matthiggins87 Posted at 2016-7-5 16:48
Did you fix this problem? Ive started having same issues

No. Only bill for repair from DJI about 400 USD.
2016-7-16
Use props
willyfan
lvl.1
Italy

sudya_v@mail.ru Posted at 2016-7-16 20:06
No. Only bill for repair from DJI about 400 USD.

And no answer from DJI support, also in this forum.
2016-7-17
Use props
jon11
lvl.1

Italy

same problem...i suggest we write the serial number of our ground station to see if there is a connection. it's clear that this product has problems despite anything we do.
2016-7-23
Use props
sudya_v
lvl.1

Ukraine

What can we do ?
2016-7-24
Use props
overnite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148327 ft
United States

Hey same problem here as well. Backup S900 with A2 that was working just fine. Left it in a pelican case for several months and now that we need to use it, getting the red LED for no video on the Air unit...
2016-7-24
Use props
mendesrr
New

Portugal

Your reseller, ElectronicaRC, from Spain, simply ignores my emails. As I stated above, my LB1 was bought during pre-sale, so I imagine that I'm one of the (many) unlucky with a defective board that dies out of the blue.
DJI my reseller doesn't reply my emails, what can I do? (I'm from Portugal).
2016-7-31
Use props
dennismurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

I had a similar problem awhile back...what I found is that the "aperture" switch got bumped to off or closed. If that is the case you will not get video and a red led on the air unit. Check to see if you have aperture mapped and ensure the switch is "open". So my problem was nothing but a switch on my radio that got bumped closed. However, I have a 2 person set up so this may/may not help. But it sounds strange that you had your units just sitting with no changes and then all of a sudden no video...I hope this works
2016-8-2
Use props
mendesrr
New

Portugal

The issues are associated with the image sudya_v posted above. The Base unit simply blocks and you can't connect Ipad/Iphone/Android device/PC anything. Sincerely DJI, after owning several DJI equipment (flight controller, LB1, Ronin-M, etc...) I feel cheated by your failed promises and absent customer service (especially in Europe). Please look at Freeflysystems, they launch a Gimbal, for example, and instead of not doing what they promised...it actually works and now it even has a lot more features through a FREE firmware update. A lot to learn here, they are heading for the long run in the relation with their customer, not after a quick buck like DJI seems to do. "What? Your LB1, that you bought in pre-sale that ended not doing what we promised, has a bad board? Well we have LB2 to sell."
2016-8-2
Use props
frans.larkins
New

South Africa

I have the same problem as was described in detail earlier. Connection broken message. All firmware fully updated.Green lights on control and video. Ground station decoder not available to upgrade. We all have the very same problem. Surely DJI must come with the solution??? This was a very expensive undertaking and to pay for a repair, is not fair. If DJI support read this, why are the very same issues still happen and are not addressed in a firmware update yet??????
2016-8-7
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

Dear all,
I found a BUG in the lightbridge and I think DJI should find a solution for us, because it played with us for too long.
I have a lot of Lightbridge and they dead one after each other as soon as their battery get discharged after long period where i didn't used them (If you stored it without charging it, you can have the problem also after one month).
As soon as the ground unit battery get fully discharged, the firmware of the device stops to work correctly. You can recharge the battery but, connecting it to the assistant, you will see just one of the 3 firmware component versions, and connecting the device to the smartphone, you will not be able to get connected and receive images.
The problem is described in detail on internet, in a lot of forums. You can read in example the following thread: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/lightbridge-firmware.76946/
and http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... irmware-hack.77073/
and http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2091053
etc.etc.

I wrote that DJI is playing with us, because i returned 2 times my devices to DJI in order to solve this problem, but each time, if  the batteries get discharged, they get broken again.
We need a solution or a workaround because we work with these devices and it is not possible that I need to send to DJI the device each time that i need to work. Moreover I'm quite sure that after the guarantee period, DJI will not longer repair the unit for free. And moreover each time I have to pay the shipment to China and wait for the repair. This is not acceptable.
At least we should pretend a detailed problem description.
I discovered a lot of things about this device, by reading the second link i posted.

Regards
Emanuele
2016-8-9
Use props
niximus
lvl.1

United States

All,

I also have the same situation.   My LB worked just fine for a year and 80-90 flights.  Recently I shelved my system for about the past 3 months.   When I set up for a new flight this week, I fully charged all of my components (including LB Ground station), and am now seeing the same issues as so many others here.  I confirm the same as Emanuele, that the only thing that happened was that my battery LB Ground Station was dead and I fully charged it before setting up.  Now, I see just one of the 3 firmware component versions, and connecting the device to my tablet, I am not able to get connected and receive images.  

I have spent several days reading posts on several forms.  I have read all of the same forum posts noted above.   NOTHING has changed in my setup, no software updates or anything since my last successful use.  My system was safely stored in a sealed pelican case, and the only thing that has happened was a period of no use and my LB Ground Station battery discharging over that period.

After reading Emanuele's post, I spoke with several others in our area who have LB setups, and have found at least one other experiencing the same thing after a period of disuse on their LB.   DJI... Please Help.   This is not right, there must be a fix here.  This system was too expensive to have it bricked due to battery discharge.

Many thanks,
Nick
2016-8-11
Use props
sudya_v
lvl.1

France

DJI ignore CRITICAL problem with LB1. For me solution is bill - 400$, just because. Customers must pay for DJI mistake !!! COOL.
2016-8-15
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

this is the Problem solution: http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... sistant-tool.77073/
2016-8-28
Use props
fans996386a4
New

Guadeloupe

IL FAUT SORTIR DE LA DICTATURE DU MATERIEL OBSOLETE  ! Merci Dji On va en reparler...
2017-4-5
Use props
fans996386a4
New

Guadeloupe

Merci à"Gaucho" ,mais il faut pas être un consommateur de matériel DJI  ou "Obsolescence  programmé" est de mise.

ON EN REPARLERA  SUR D'AUTRES MÉDIAS SI RIEN N'EST RECTIFIE.

PHIGESB
2017-4-5
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
  • >>>
United States

**Update**

Well crap...because of weather my unit with LB 1 has been down for about 3 months...I did keep the LB ground charged....today I went to fly and I now get the no video red led on the air unit. Like above, my unit was stored safely and nothing was changed...my switches are clearly marked and highlighted to where they should be in the event something gets bumped....so I join the rest of you ...damn
*** UPDATE****
I was able to get both of the air leds to turn green. I did it by changing the startup sequence...meaning I turned the camera ON FIRST....then started LB then plugged the 1000 in...let the gimbal do its thing...and a few seconds later both leds turned green....however after a few minutes it went back to one red (video) and one green....so I turned the camera off and turned back on and I got both green again....this happened about 4 times but now the leds stay green...BUT! I can't get video...I use to get that buzz when I plugged my tablet in (the usb debugging) and it would ask if it was a Media device or internet connection et al....so all I get is the connection broken...its like its not connecting with LB...I've ensured debugging is enabled and tried 5 different USB cables...so I have green leds but no video....the gimbal works and I can take pictures so the gimbal commands are recognized. I'll post more if I figure it out.

**Update to the update**
Well...like the others on this forum thread http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=11507 I dont have system decoder or transmitter...click the update and you get the error Device Information not verified.
2017-4-8
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Another one
LB1 issue.jpg
2017-4-9
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI support says no fix for this and have to send in for repair...its on the way to them...
2017-4-11
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I've got the same issue....  No video or telemetry but control works. It also connects to my computer fine but the light bridge assistant doesn't recognize it.  This happens after sitting during the winter months and the battery going dead..  I found info on the internet saying Dji built the light bridge in a way that needs battery power to keep its programming and if the battery dies it looses its programming.  So now you have to pay to have Dji fix it or solder wires to the circuit board and connect a ftdi adapter and this special software to reload its programming!  It says no where in the manual this can happen if you don't use light bridge 1 for a couple months and the battery dies.  And now the Chinese will be sneaky and not admit it their flaw and charge you..  This and products stop working in a couple years due to stopped support of apps and maps..  Just like the 900 MHz ground station and the 2.4ghz ground station losing its pic abilities along with half of what it was able to do..  Naza v2 assistant now has missing settings, light bridge 1 is a paper weight because the battery died and the gamble never had a straight horizon on my p3 pro..  And the list can go on..  If you don't buy the newest latest and greatest every 2 years you will end up with useless thousands of dollars worth of 3 yr old equipment..  So far this has been true with everything I've bought from Dji.....
2017-4-20
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... sistant-tool.77073/
2017-4-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now