Landing Gear won't raise after lower down without landing
2204 15 2016-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pazuchu
New
Canada

Hi folks, I got a problem would like to find out if anyone can help.
I already set the drone to "adaptive landing gear on", it will raise the landing gear when it's start from the ground. But after I lower the drone and the landing gear lower down automatically and I raise the drone back up to the sky, the landing gear won't raise again. I have to actually landed the drone and fly again, then the landing gear will raise again automatically, or I have to manual raise it by the switch.
Is there anyway I could fix this. Thank you folks.
2016-5-2
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It's a bit confusing, I agree. With adaptive landing gear ON and - naturally - VPS active, as soon as the bird is close enough to the ground (or whatever object below) she thinks that you're attempting to land and will lower the gear. Your ascend right after doesn't apply to the Take Off procedure, which normally will auto rise the gear. Therefore you must do it manually, but the gear will go down again when sensors detect ground (or any object) a meter or so below.
2016-5-2
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would check the VPS sensor an make sure it is clean, I have not heard of this one before, have you had any hard landing that could be binding the  gear ?    Take a look at the VPS sensor reading when climbing out, see if they look correct .
I am going to double check on mine today because I believe that mine would retract aoutmatically and not stay down, I will test and find out for sure .

Edit ***  This is just how the system works, as dobie said, I would have thought the gear would have raised back up  as well.  I just did a test flight and by golly the gear did not retract after it came down.  

Let me know what you find Pazuchu, I am interested. ( I think it is normal after my test , unlesss i missed something )

donnie

2016-5-3
Use props
pazuchu
New
Canada

Thanks Donnie, it's good to know that is normal.  But as I remember, it will raise up again even I didn't land in the first few flight.  Anyway, thanks for testing out.
2016-5-3
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

Mine does the same thing...
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Perfectly normal..
2016-5-4
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

They all do this, not sure why, must be a reason but it's normal.
2016-5-4
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Pazuchu
My gear will raise and lower whenever I flip the switch, however many times I want them to raise and lower without landing in between.  I also have it set on auto raise and lower that works as it should also.  I dont understand why all of the replies reflect the problem you are seeing.
2016-5-5
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-3 07:11
I would check the VPS sensor an make sure it is clean, I have not heard of this one before, have you ...

Mine works as it should I can raise and lower the gear whenever I flip the switch even after the vps lowers the gear I can override the vps with the switch at any time.
I am running all of the latest updates
2016-5-5
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2016-5-5 21:40
Mine works as it should I can raise and lower the gear whenever I flip the switch even after the vp ...

He is saying that it is not raising automatically, from what I understand, He can flip the switch to get it to work.

I tested it and he is correct, just the nature of the beast

donnie
2016-5-6
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

Disregard
2016-5-6
Use props
fanse1ad5db4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1652575 ft
United States

Did anyone find a solution to this? My landing gears do not loader automatically. I always have to use the RC switch. They will raise automatically on take off thought. How can I fix this?
2017-4-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

]\

fanse1ad5db4 Posted at 2017-4-6 11:34
Did anyone find a solution to this? My landing gears do not loader automatically. I always have to use the RC switch. They will raise automatically on take off thought. How can I fix this?

With adaptive landing gear turned on .. the normal operation will raise the landing gear after the first take off and climb out.  After that when you get very close to the ground the landing gear will come down for landing.  The rest of the time you will need to operate the landing gear (considered normal) If you climb out again you will need to raise the gear manually.  I think if you get close to the ground it will drop into landing position again though.

Rich
2017-4-6
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

fanse1ad5db4 Posted at 2017-4-6 11:34

Make sure as Rich says that you have the feature turned on .  Make sure the VPS is working as well and that you are getting data to it when you are about 10 feet off the ground ( 3 meters ) and then have data all the way down to terra firma.

sometimes you need to get pretty low on the deck for the system to work, mine for example needs to be at about  less than half a Meter to work Or less sometimes.  

Keep in mind that the gear will fly lower ONE time when in flight so if you  bring the aircraft  in for a close touch and go and the gear comes down it will only do this once and then you must manually drop the gear.

Have fun

donnie
2017-4-7
Use props
fans846bca66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177 ft
Canada

My landing gear will not rise when I take off anyone no WY
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans846bca66 Posted at 2017-11-9 16:32
My landing gear will not rise when I take off anyone no WY

How about toggling the Transformation Switch in the RC?
Will the landing gear rise?
2017-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules