Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IOS App v0.9.2 with latest firmware update
3714 15 2015-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david.askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi All,

I have updated my Inspire1 and controller to the latest Firmware (v1.2.0.16) and am just wondering if it safe to use the old app with the new firmware or do I need to wait for the new version of the app to be released on the app store?

I don't understand why we have to wait for Apple to approve the app when we were able to download it previously from the DJI website and install it as an untrusted publisher... can anyone shed any light on any of this?
2015-1-17
Use props
Blip
lvl.2

United States

I also took the propellers off my drone and tried to start the motors with the old app while flying indoors and it says ready to fly.
The motors even started rotating; no problem.
Why is the old version of the app still working?
2015-1-17
Use props
christian.ghamm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61581342 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

hi, I updated to the new firmware (.16) and everything is fine on my ipad (IOS) EXCEPT that I don't see the camera feed and if I record it records blank. has anyone had this issue?

Thanks
2015-1-17
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I deleted the App as I wanted to update everything fresh. It was then that the App was gone from the download section. I did have everything running and all was fine although I never flew it as the issues were arising. One thing that is of concern and I may be doing something wrong?  When I tried the simulator it would not work without being connected to the Inspire itself. That seems a bit on the danger side if that is the case. I amercing the manual page by page to see what it states about running the simulator program.
2015-1-17
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

rodger Posted at 2015-1-17 23:57
I deleted the App as I wanted to update everything fresh. It was then that the App was gone from the ...

Why would it be dangerous for the simulator to only work when connected to the Inspire?

I can understand if it's inconvenient, but if and when I do mess about with the simulator, the props are not on the Inspire. In fact, my props are the last thing to go on the Inspire, for safety reasons.
2015-1-17
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

christian.ghamm Posted at 2015-1-17 23:05
hi, I updated to the new firmware (.16) and everything is fine on my ipad (IOS) EXCEPT that I don't  ...

I'm running 0.16 with iOS app 0.9.1. Had 6 flights over the last 36 hours, no problem.

Check that your gimbal is secured to the Inspire correctly. Could be a gimbal issue.
2015-1-17
Use props
david.askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

ghoonk Posted at 2015-1-18 00:28
I'm running 0.16 with iOS app 0.9.1. Had 6 flights over the last 36 hours, no problem.

Check tha ...

Thanks for that, i'll risk it then. I can see it being a while before it's available on the app store.

Just cant understand why Dji have stopped up downloading and installing it from their website like before?
2015-1-17
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Someone (an IOS developer, familiar with Apple's rules) has posted here earlier - it seems likely that the reason Apple has not approved the app for the App Store is due to the MFI testing policies which require the hardware (i.e. Inspire, remote, camera, gimbal) to be tested by Apple (in the same way that they test Airplay speakers, etc. Oh, and Apple charges to test, certify and licence MFI (Made for iThingy?)

DJI was apparently using an Enterprise distribution loophole to distribute the app, and I think the Inspire's success had caught their eye.
2015-1-17
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

ghoonk Posted at 2015-1-18 00:26
Why would it be dangerous for the simulator to only work when connected to the Inspire?

I can und ...

There are those that don't remove the props. The other issue is that the Inspire and Controller have to be serviced every 50 Hours. The Clock is ticking while you practice with the Simulator.
Only my thoughts.
2015-1-17
Use props
sekhet
lvl.1

United States

Well, I own an apple iPad air2 and bought another just for the Inspire 1.  I use the iPads for other things that I cannot get apps for android.  My Inspire 1 arrived today and I refuse to open it until I have the iOS app.  Being a reasonable person, I will wait till the 20th of Jan and if still no app for the iOS I will return the Inspire 1 demanding a full refund as is my right when a seller makes false claims about a product.  Under current U.S. law they would have to refund the total purchase price and possibly compensate me for the 2nd iPad air2 purchased just for the Inspire 1.
2015-1-17
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Check tha ...

I flew again today for the first time in a huge metal building in ATTI mode, iOS app 0.9.2 and flew rock solid. You would have swore I was in GPS mode, it was that stable. When I get back to Ohio will put together the video from the drone event and there was 3 news channels there filming the inspires indoor flight. There suppose to email me links to this as well. I will post my video footage and there camera's film as well.

So far I'm a very happy Inspire owner and this has been my first DJI product as well. I did an advanced IMU cal as I went to another state not sure if it needed but figured it couldn't hurt it either. The floor had a nice tight pattern in it so I think that helped out a bunch as well. Got another flight planned before I leave Wisconsin and head back to Ohio.

There were lots of new people at the drone event that have been looking to step into the drone market and after seeing how stable the inspire was there were a couple that acted like they were going to purchase one.
2015-1-17
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

rodger Posted at 2015-1-18 03:06
There are those that don't remove the props. The other issue is that the Inspire and Controller ha ...

Darwin has a way of handling that ;)
2015-1-17
Use props
christian.ghamm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61581342 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Check tha ...

thanks for that, I tried everything... I get a "no signal" and no camera feed. everything else is working, even the parameters of the camera (ISO, EV... etc) but the camera itself doesn't work...  so frustrating.
2015-1-18
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Contact DJI's 24-hour support for Inspire. They've been very responsive with troubleshooting, and would be in a better position to help sort you out. If you were over here in Dubai, we could meet to try to troubleshoot.
2015-1-18
Use props
david.askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Confirmed, flew it twice today with the old app 0.9.2 and latest firmware just fine.
2015-1-18
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

svencool Posted at 2015-1-18 09:42
I flew again today for the first time in a huge metal building in ATTI mode, iOS app 0.9.2 and fle ...

Well here are the links to my flight at the drone event that I said I would put up when finished and the one the news channel sent me. I got one out of 3 I guess not to bad lol.

Fox11 News

They shot about 15 Minutes of fly time and lucky to have gotten 10 seconds of video in there clip.

This was the first time for me and the DJI Inspire 1 to fly in a huge metal box! I must say it was really stable I think that the pattern on the floor helped it out allot. Wasn't going to do anything stupid lol....
2015-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules