Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can the Osmo take pics this well?
8582 9 2016-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkySight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 143566828 ft

We are noticing that many of the higher end luxury homes are presenting photographs like these. It almost looks like a photoshop filter to make it look like a painting or something.
My two questions are:
1- Is the Osmo capabable of taking a photo like any of these using the X3?
2-Does anyone know what processing or filters are being used to create that style of photo?

Thanks everyone!
3.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
2016-5-3
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

I don't see any sign of a filter being used in any of those pics. Just a good photographer working with a very photographic subject. I would assume good post work in Camera Raw as responsible for the lack of loss of detail in shadows and highlights. My question is why you would want to use an Osmo for still photos? Get a decent DSLR and do it correctly.
2016-5-3
Use props
rpknowles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736033 ft
United States

I do photos like that frequently with my P3.  I haven't tried it yet with the Osmo, but if you choose 5 exposure AEB (or 3 exposure AEB) and then use a program like Photomatix to pull in the HDR raw files, you should be able to pull off something similar with the Osmo.
2016-5-3
Use props
SkySight
Second Officer

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-5-4 02:56
I don't see any sign of a filter being used in any of those pics. Just a good photographer working w ...

I just have a couple of clients wanting stills as I almost always shoot video. If there is enough business coming in for stills, then I'd buy a good dslr, but for now I want to make the most out of the Osmo if possible.

2016-5-3
Use props
SkySight
Second Officer

rpknowles Posted at 2016-5-4 03:17
I do photos like that frequently with my P3.  I haven't tried it yet with the Osmo, but if you choos ...

Thank you! I'll give that a shot.
2016-5-3
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

SkySight Posted at 2016-5-3 12:29
I just have a couple of clients wanting stills as I almost always shoot video. If there is enough  ...

SkySight... I'm at the opposite end. I do mostly aerial photos from helicopters and recently got an I1 Pro to expand the still work and add video. I'm not sure if the X3 can produce dng files, as the X5 does, which automatically open in Camera Raw but that is your best tool for superior quality stills. As rpknowles mentioned, HDR is also an option but much more complicated. A quick guide. Once you have an HDR image (32 bit),  in Photoshop go to Image->Adjustments->HDR Toning and make the initial corrections there. Save the results as a TIFF file which you can then open in Camera Raw. I'm sure others may have different methods but I've found that to give the most control over your final image. Enjoy.
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please have a look at the official specification of the X3-Osmo at http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#specs
As you can find, the Osmo support DNG format.
2016-5-3
Use props
SkySight
Second Officer

Thanks everyone. This helped a lot. That HDR option works great on the OSMO. I'll upload a few in a minute for you guys to tear apart. LOL
2016-5-5
Use props
mail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 491962 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am a full time Real Estate photographer, and those are just decent exposure fusion HDR images from an SLR. Less desirable these days. Learn to light interiors and you will come out miles ahead. I doubt you would get comparable quality from the Osmo stills.
2016-5-8
Use props
angus2016
lvl.1

Hong Kong

It's a shot by DSLR? right? I think OSMO impossible for this very clear photo.
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules