Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal not responding
12107 27 2016-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info.majormedia
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi guys! I have received my new DJI Phantom 4 this afternoon. Works like a charm, setting it up was a piece of cake! There's just one problem: I can't control the gimbal. The gimbal doesn't move at all when I use the gimbal dial and it's not possible to change the level through the app... I have reset my remote, calibrated both the RC and the gimbal and changed several gimbal related settings, but no luck so far... Hope you guys can help me!

2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have video feed on your app?
Does the yaw stick move the camera?
When you do a gimbal calibration, is it successful?
2016-5-3
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.3

United States

Did you take the clip off? Might sound crazy but I didn't when I first got my P3 and felt like an idiot AND almost overheated it
2016-5-3
Use props
info.majormedia
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-3 21:00
You have video feed on your app?
Does the yaw stick move the camera?
When you do a gimbal calibratio ...

Yes, the video feed is working. I can click on gimbal calibration, but nothing happens and I can't move the camera at all...
2016-5-3
Use props
info.majormedia
lvl.1
Netherlands

WillBapta Posted at 2016-5-3 21:07
Did you take the clip off? Might sound crazy but I didn't when I first got my P3 and felt like an id ...

Yes, I did take the gimbal clamp off
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

info.majormedia Posted at 2016-5-4 03:20
Yes, the video feed is working. I can click on gimbal calibration, but nothing happens and I can't ...

When powering up, does the gimbal go through it's initialization process correctly?
Can you post a video of this.
2016-5-3
Use props
info.majormedia
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-3 21:24
When powering up, does the gimbal go through it's initialization process correctly?
Can you post a ...

I think so.. The camera moves up and down and then stops in the middle. The motors do seem to be working, I just can't control them. I left the drone in the office, so I can make a video of this tomorrow
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

info.majormedia Posted at 2016-5-4 03:25
I think so.. The camera moves up and down and then stops in the middle. The motors do seem to be w ...

In  the remote control settings, go to the calibration and turn the gimbal wheel and you should see it moving in the app.
Do stick gimbal calibration to see if it fixes it.
2016-5-3
Use props
info.majormedia
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-3 21:33
In  the remote control settings, go to the calibration and turn the gimbal wheel and you should se ...

Yes, I can see the sticks and the dial moving in the app and did the calibration, but unfortunately it didn't help
2016-5-3
Use props
f__h__d
lvl.1

Oman

I am having the same issue
2016-5-3
Use props
f__h__d
lvl.1

Oman

I contacted DJI they told me it is firamware issue, so i am waiting the new firamware but mine works well if i keep the camera in center before starting the drone
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

info.majormedia Posted at 2016-5-4 03:33
Yes, I can see the sticks and the dial moving in the app and did the calibration, but unfortunatel ...

When you take photos or video from the RC buttons and the buttons on the app they both work ?
It does sound like the RC/app is not communicating with the aircraft.
What is your email, there is a repair facility in the Netherlands and I can make contact with them or you can start a ticket with support.
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-5-3
Use props
jordystuif
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-3 21:56
When you take photos or video from the RC buttons and the buttons on the app they both work ?
It d ...

I can control the Phantom 4 through the app and the remote. I can fly it, record videos and make photos, I just can't move the gimbal. I'll contact my store tomorrow if there's no fix, so they can swap it for me. It's just 6 hours old..
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jordystuif Posted at 2016-5-4 04:01
I can control the Phantom 4 through the app and the remote. I can fly it, record videos and make p ...

No problem, I am sorry about that.
2016-5-3
Use props
AmaruP4P
lvl.1
Canada

I had the same issue and realized that there is a hidden setting that fix it for me. Instructions here: 1. Connect mobile to your remote control and turn on controller and then drone. 2. Open the DJI GO app 3. Click on "Enter Device" or "Go FLY" 4. Click on settings (three dots at the top-right of the screen) 5. Click on Gimbal Settings 6. Click on "Advanced Settings" 7. try three different Configuration. I've found that if I have "Enable Upwards Gimbal Tilt" ON, this prevents the Gimbal from moving. I changed the configuration form 3 to 2 and it works perfectly! - Hope that helps!
2017-3-11
Use props
mic75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

This is exactly the same problem I was having, but for me it was a memory card causing it. I ended up formatting the card with my Mac and it fixed the problem. It would take photo's and video but the gimbal wouldn't work. It calibrated at start up but after that no go, as soon as I put my other card in it would work.
2017-3-13
Use props
fans2ae57d24
lvl.1
Australia

i am having the same problem with my week old Phantom4ProPlus.  the Gimbal appears to calibrate when starting up (shakes itself for about 15secs), but it does not react at all to the left side control wheel.  And I have just now finished calibrating the gimbal, but still the gimbal doesnt react to the control wheel.  I also can take photos and video ok, but the gimbal is not moving.  Not a happy start to enjoying my Phantom :-(
2017-3-16
Use props
mic75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

Try removing the memory card before startup and see if that helps. I had a corrupted memory card and it stopped the gimbal from responding.
2017-3-17
Use props
grahamEarnshaw
lvl.1
Australia

tks but checked the memory card and it's all fine.  The unit is saying there is a Firmware upgrade required (Version 01.03.0418), but i have read this upgrade is causing all sorts of problems with Phantom4 Pro flying AND also i cannot even find this upgrade on the dji.com website (Firmware upgrade).   So I am not sure if this problem is because I havent upgraded the firmware.  But when I did my first practice fly two days ago, the gimbal worked fine, even though I hadnt done this frmware upgrade.
2017-3-17
Use props
seredenin_al-sp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17126 ft
Russia

Руддщ
2017-3-18
Use props
seredenin_al-sp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17126 ft
Russia

Sorry. I have a problem with my phantom 4. The camera shakes when i fly. I dont know what to do. I have calibrated ewerything. The latest firmware is instaled on my drone, but nothing help. The example is in the file. https://yadi.sk/i/3CvXkP8d3FdFn4
2017-3-18
Use props
Sasori_117
New
United States

I know this is a old forum page but I am having a very similar issue on my phantom 4 pro v2. I have  a video feed however the gimbal will not respond to anything I do I have tried calibrating it , changing the mode and making other adjustments but the gimbal will not physically move at all. The drone is just a couple hours old if anyone has a fix pls tell me.  
2020-7-11
Use props
geoflyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52756 ft
Australia

Sasori_117 Posted at 7-11 12:57
I know this is a old forum page but I am having a very similar issue on my phantom 4 pro v2. I have  a video feed however the gimbal will not respond to anything I do I have tried calibrating it , changing the mode and making other adjustments but the gimbal will not physically move at all. The drone is just a couple hours old if anyone has a fix pls tell me.

This  is the exact same problem   I am having , a  new  drone. I've have tried all the  recommended  adjustments , reinstalled the app, changed SD cards etc    but  non fixed the issue . Trying to work through it work  DJI support  at the moment  but pretty slow   
2020-7-18
Use props
M_CASTELLI
lvl.1

Australia

The support from DJI is an absolute rubbish. You spend $3000 on a drone to find out after a couple of months that your GIMBAL is not working and there seems to be no reason for it.
I tried every single suggestion from the comments above and still no help.
The DJI support team asked for some info and logs which i have provided and still no answer.
My problems started to appear after upgrading to latest firmware  and trying to downgrade to lower firmware (using the DJI assistant firmware on my PC)  is not possible because this also doesn't seem to work (always crashes at 72% completion )
2022-5-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

M_CASTELLI Posted at 5-8 18:15
The support from DJI is an absolute rubbish. You spend $3000 on a drone to find out after a couple of months that your GIMBAL is not working and there seems to be no reason for it.
I tried every single suggestion from the comments above and still no help.
The DJI support team asked for some info and logs which i have provided and still no answer.

Hello, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. We will make further confirmation with our team. Sorry again for the inconvenience.
2022-5-12
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Can you check actual the RC battery voltage, in the Go app?
2022-5-12
Use props
sea6288
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126457 ft
United States

Same problem here.  
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

sea6288 Posted at 8-13 12:14
Same problem here.

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Can you please try these steps?
1. Make sure the firmware version is the latest or refresh the firmware version.
2. Ensure that the aircraft and the remote controller signal are good, i.e., there is no freezing and gray screen on the image transmission. In the case of a freezing and gray screen on the image transmission, check whether the signal is intermittent due to significant image transmission interruption.
3. Press and hold the image transmission screen on the DJI GO 4/GO app. After a blue circle appears, drag it up or down to control the gimbal. If the gimbal moves accordingly, the gimbal can work normally.
4. Tap “Advanced Settings” under “Gimbal Settings”. Check whether “Max Gimbal Pitch Speed” is set to 1. If yes, the gimbal will move very slowly. It is recommended to increase the “Max Gimbal Pitch Speed” value.
If the issue still persists after all the other troubleshooting steps have been used, please send the drone and remote controller back for repair. You can submit a repair request at https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules