RC firmware 1.6.0 lowered my RC output from 24mw to 14mw (Glitch.??.)
18741 254 2016-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Hmm it sounds to be connected with " Improved encryption to enchance security during transmission...." - it is from 1.8 changelog.
They changed something.
2016-5-23
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1140725 ft

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-5-23 20:31
Hmm it sounds to be connected with " Improved encryption to enchance security during transmission... ...

Hello there, thanks for ringing in .. bingo .. do you have story (data) to share.??. ...!!! ;-)
2016-5-28
Use props
nemisusdm
lvl.1

United States

Mr.buGSy Posted at 2016-5-7 19:44
Hi mdazel,
I apologize, of course you're right. I was just to frustrated with the foggy answers we ...

555.1m reduction in total distance.
2016-5-28
Use props
Marty Be Free !
lvl.1

Ecuador

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-5-23 07:31
Hmm it sounds to be connected with " Improved encryption to enchance security during transmission... ...

Can someone explain me what about security they might want to improve and what for ... ?  Just thrully curiosity..
2016-6-1
Use props
Ribfeast
lvl.2
Australia

To stop random people taking control of your bird during flight?  Same reason why you have a password on your wifi at home
2016-6-1
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

mikeandaya@hotm Posted at 2016-5-22 19:09
Did you use the 30 DB attenuator that goes with that meter? It doesn't show the attenuator attached ...

Doubtful. He will not show any pictures or proof that a proper test was even done, he just keeps saying it was done. Then says 14 is half of 24. which it is  not.
He claims he tests his craft on a regular basis and keeps records of the results, but will not share that info either or do a video recording of him doing the test to show how he performs the test and the results. He only posts pictures of the meter with a generic reading. You can not see what the meter is connected to,if anything, or if he is even in possession of said meter.
Maybe he just wants some attention.
2016-6-1
Use props
Marty Be Free !
lvl.1

Ecuador

Ribfeast Posted at 2016-6-1 21:03
To stop random people taking control of your bird during flight?  Same reason why you have a passwor ...

So maybe the Higher the security and THAT is causing transmission problems because of the lightbirdge not being made for that ... someone may have a clue because these problems that I also have had occur between fw update 1.6 and 1.7 where there was an update on the encription so I see a link there
2016-6-4
Use props
Ribfeast
lvl.2
Australia

I'd say the encryption doesn't cope with the loss of signal very well, hence why they whipped out an update.
2016-6-5
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-5-6 04:51
This rumor stemmed from a test done by a Facebook user. The user did an RC power output test and fo ...

How does it determine if it sets output to FCC or CE?

Are there different hardware RCs?

Does it use GPS data of the RC?
2016-6-19
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1700968 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-4 05:31
Hello mdazel, transmitting range is mostly related to the environment and the RC and antennas positi ...

This is a shocking answer.  Replying with a range answer, and antenna basics, when the question is: Did DJI reduce the RC output power via firmware is deliberately misleading.
2016-6-23
Use props
nextgencfl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 685384 ft
United States

What ever happened with this? Any conclusion?
2016-7-8
Use props
WetDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-5-5 18:51
This rumor stemmed from a test done by a Facebook user. The user did an RC power output test and fo ...

I just checked my system - P3P, Rc is GL300A, firmware is 1.6 - output using a RigExpert IT 24 meter is 23 mW.  That is a peak reading over the entire WiFi band.  By measuring at a particular frequency, you may or may not get an accurate reading of what the transmitter is capable of.  The WiFi channels can and do hop around and actually nothing is exactly at 2400 Mhz (2.400 GHz).

Nothing to see here, move along.  

More engineering and less Sturm Und Drang
2016-7-10
Use props
WetDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2016-5-6 09:48
DJI-Tim,

THANK YOU for responding and confirming the RC power output was NOT reduced by the 1.6.0 ...

This screenshot was taken with a WiPry-Pro, a neat little device that hangs off an iPhone.  The x axis is frequency which is covering most of the US WiFi spectrum.  The purple bars are my home Wifi setup.  The big red bar is the P3P transmitting to the RC from a distance of around 10 feet.  While not actually listed, 2.4000 GHz is just off the LEFT side of the picture.  So, the original power meter could well be measuring .... nothing useful.

Most peak power meters for this band include the some or all of the band's frequencies.  My IT 24 measures the entire Wifi band and looks for a peak.   I don't know about the original poster and the picture - what amount of bandwidth is the meter picking up?  What was the RC doing?

Unfortunately, WiFi is a complicated protocol and microwave frequencies.  It is MUCH more complicated that putting a cheapo meter on the transmitter.

Max antenna RC2 amp P32 fourth reading.PNG
2016-7-10
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1140725 ft

WetDog Posted at 2016-7-11 01:49
This screenshot was taken with a WiPry-Pro, a neat little device that hangs off an iPhone.  The x  ...

Hello there wetdog, you are trying to say that a device that hooks up to your phone or iPad and measures mw out put is a better device to measure mw out put of RC that is hooked up direct .. do you really think wifi that is wireless is faster than cat 5 or 6 .. well it is not and the techs that work on this are very competent .. now the end results where never really concluded because of the glitch factor that seems to be haunting all the DJI upgrades .. yes the upgrade lowered the mw out put of several RCs but they all used the same bin file .. get it .. that sloshing sound you hear when you walk is the water in you boot .. you need to dump it out the techs that worked on this project did not deserve you blatant disrespect .. so maybe you should move along .. now that you have enough sense to pore the water out of your boot .. your welcome for that knowledge .. click-it check-it ..

link 1 .. https://www.amazon.com/HobbyKing ... RC+-+RF+Power+Meter

link 2 ..  https://www.amazon.com/Oscium-Wi ... lyzer/dp/B00N1ZXBD4
2016-7-10
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-11 00:42
We have made an RC power output test and it proves that the power range hasn't been reduced.

These are the specs from our official website: [view_image]

And what about CE version?

It is still 16dBm or it is reduced?
2017-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules