OSMO Raw New Firmware Version v1.1.0.10 - What's new?
5936 31 2016-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

X5R-Osmo Raw.jpg

2016.05.04    Osmo RAW Release Notes  (for X5R only, @2016-5-16 edit the upgrade tutorial for Osmo Pro/Raw)

1. Firmware Version: v1.1.0.10

2. DJI GO App iOS Version: v2.8.0

3. DJI GO App Android Version: v2.8.0

Major Updates

1. Support for the Zenmuse X5R gimbal and camera, as well as the Single Shot, Multiple Shot, Interval Shot, Video and Audio Recording features.

2. Improved Zenmuse X5R camera stabilization.

3. Added reverse joystick control function for the tilt and pan axes. Enable this function under “Gimbal Settings” in DJI GO.

4. Fixed the red tone on high ISO photos for the Zenmuse X5R camera.

5. Fixed the focus breathing issue associated with recording 4K video using D-Log in M mode for the Zenmuse X5R camera.

Notes
1. Only upgrade your firmware by downloading the firmware, loading the .bin file onto the Micro SD card, and inserting the card into the camera. Do not use other methods for upgrading. Ensure the battery is fully charged.
2. Firmware version v1.1.0.10 should be displayed in DJI GO after the upgrade. Be sure to connect your mobile device to the Internet before connecting to the Osmo RAW’s Wi-Fi network so that the correct firmware version is displayed in DJI GO.
3. The Zenmuse X5R gimbal and camera can be used on the Inspire 1 RAW after upgrading the firmware on the Osmo RAW. The Osmo handle can also be used with the Zenmuse X3 and Zenmuse X5.

For more details, please visit our official website.

Upgrade Tutorial

Firmware Upgrade Guide  

Make sure that the battery is fully charged and the Micro SD card has at least 200 MB of free space.
It will take approximately 30 minutes to complete the upgrade. It is recommended that you put the Osmo Pro / RAW into the Osmo Base on a at surface during the upgrade process.

Using a Micro SD Card to Upgrade  

1.        Download the latest firmware update package from the product page on the official DJI website (http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/download).
2.       Copy the .bin file to the root directory of your Micro SD card and insert the card into the Micro SD card slot on the camera while the Osmo Pro / RAW is powered off.

3.       Power on the Osmo Pro/RAW to begin upgrading.

4.       The camera status indicator (left LED) may become solid yellow for a while, then blink green and red alternately during the upgrade process, and become solid green again when the firmware upgrade is complete. If the upgrade is unsuccessful, the camera status indicator will become solid red, in which case you should re-attempt the upgrade.

5.       Restart the Osmo Pro / RAW and check the firmware version after the upgrade. In the DJI GO app, tap Settings->General->About to view the firmware version.

6.       If you fail to upgrade the firmware after multiple times, please contact DJI Support.

Notes

The system status indicator (rightLED) does not reflect the upgrade status.

2.       It is normal for the fan to stop spinning or the gimbal to beep during the upgrade process.

3.       If the upgrade fails, please send the “OSMO_FC550_FW_LOG_AB.txt” or “OSMO_FC550R_FW_LOG_AB.txt”  located on the Micro SD card root directory to                  DJI Support for analysis. You will need to enable the “display hidden folders” option on your computer.

For any issue, please don't hesitate to contact us!

2016-5-4
Use props
Neraxus
lvl.3

Canada

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
2016-5-4
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

If I am only using the X5 camera on the Osmo, (not the X5R camera) should I download the V01.01.0010 version or the
V1.1.0.10 version???
Thanks
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

wto6071@bigpond Posted at 2016-5-5 06:21
If I am only using the X5 camera on the Osmo, (not the X5R camera) should I download the V01.01.0010 ...

If you are using X5 camera, please download the Osmo Pro firmware.
If you are using X5R camera, please download the Osmo Raw firmware.
Both of them are in the same webpage of our official website, please be careful, don't get confused!
2016-5-4
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks Adela, it clarify everything. Nice to know, appreciated.
2016-5-4
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

So, the X5R gets joystick inversion, but the X5 does not?

Why?
2016-5-5
Use props
dan.sammis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 307126 ft
  • >>>

Is this update recommended for the osmo with the Zenmuse X3 camer or only those using the X5?
2016-5-5
Use props
egallina
New

United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm a bit confused – Should I download this new firmware version if I'm using the Osmo without an X5 or X5R camera?

According to the release note it says that it featurs "Improved camera stabilization"...

Thanks in advance
2016-5-5
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

egallina Posted at 2016-5-5 22:02
Hi,

I'm a bit confused – Should I download this new firmware version if I'm using the Osmo withou ...

No confusion. If you load firmware that was not intended to be loaded on an X3 (either the Raw or X5 versions) it won't update the handle
2016-5-5
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>

Video - check - all features work as billed, no more video mirror effect at preview.
Photo - check - color cast in images with the pro version gone. Raw images record fine
Autofocus is slow but I guess we can't compare this to a top end DSLR's  tracking autofocus
Audio - works but every other audio recording is contaminated by a mechanical sound - more testing tomorrow. That audio artefact (grinding sound) is absent from the iPhone proxy recording.

The whine from the X5R motors is really too loud for the set up to be used for interviews (which is what I had hoped to use the Osmo rig for). This is even so when using a Rode Micro Mic.
2016-5-5
Use props
Neraxus
lvl.3

Canada

How is the fan noise when using a shotgun on a boom like 5-8 feet away?
Or what would you speculate?
2016-5-5
Use props
ariajalali
lvl.1

United States

YESSSSSS!!!!@!@!@!
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dan.sammis Posted at 2016-5-5 21:33
Is this update recommended for the osmo with the Zenmuse X3 camer or only those using the X5?

This update is only for "X5R+Osmo handle". It doesn't work on X3 and X5 cameras.
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-5-5 20:12
So, the X5R gets joystick inversion, but the X5 does not?

Why?

Hi,
In the future Osmo Pro firmware update, the X5 will also get the joystick inversion.
Please pay attention to our website for further release.
Thanks!
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-5-6 00:15
Video - check - all features work as billed, no more video mirror effect at preview.
Photo - check  ...

Thanks for your feedback!
Any further feedback or suggestion would be appreciated!
2016-5-5
Use props
ariajalali
lvl.1

United States

how are you guys getting sound out of these files? i export to DNG, no audio, pro-res, no audio.... but i hear the audio if i preview in the app...
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

ariajalali@gmai Posted at 2016-5-6 17:40
how are you guys getting sound out of these files? i export to DNG, no audio, pro-res, no audio....  ...

Hi,
Please be noticed that the audio recording is turned off by default, you can turn it on in the DJI GO App manually.
2016-5-6
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>

ariajalali@gmai Posted at 2016-5-6 17:40
how are you guys getting sound out of these files? i export to DNG, no audio, pro-res, no audio....  ...

Please read some of the posts here. This issue has been discussed.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-51207-1-2.html
2016-5-6
Use props
jackiedh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-6 09:30
This update is only for "X5R+Osmo handle". It doesn't work on X3 and X5 cameras.

So the Original X3 Camera does not get Joystick Inversion??

Also Please be specific is this Update for the original OSMO & X3 Camera also?

Jack
2016-5-6
Use props
ariajalali
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-6 03:17
Hi,
Please be noticed that the audio recording is turned off by default, you can turn it on in the ...

No no it records audio, I just don't understand how to export it. There is audio, but if you use cinelight you can only export pure video in ProRes or still images in Raw / DNG. Theres no option to export a clip with audio included
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

jackiedh Posted at 2016-5-6 22:54
So the Original X3 Camera does not get Joystick Inversion??

Also Please be specific is this Update ...

Hi, Jack
The Joystick Inversion is only realized in Osmo Raw.
Our engineers are considering to add that feature to the Osmo and Osmo Pro in the future as per your requirements.
This firmware update only works on "X5R+X5 Adaptor+Osmo handle". However, after the update, the X5 and X3 can still be used in the Osmo handle normally.

For any other question, please contact us anytime!
2016-5-8
Use props
goodwinjohn1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just wish DJI had stated that the ver 1.1.0.10 was only for the X5R camera earlier. Spent a lot of my time trying to download it for my X3. Nowhere do they say X5R only on the download pages. Yet again a simple statement but they seem never to fully understand that full info is so important to us users.

Good to have FORUMS to pick up where DJI fail.
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

goodwinjohn1 Posted at 2016-5-9 17:39
Just wish DJI had stated that the ver 1.1.0.10 was only for the X5R camera earlier. Spent a lot of m ...

Hello!
Thanks for your reminder!
But, please review my original post, I've marked that this firmware is only for X5R camera. About relevant details, please refer to the Osmo Raw firmware release note at https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ote_EN_20160504.pdf

Sorry for any inconvenience!
If you have any question, please feel free to contact us!
2016-5-9
Use props
scott.hoffmanme
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2045614 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does this new firmware give the user the ability to turn on focus assist. It is avaiable in the GoApp with my Inspire 1 RAW.
I was hoping this feature would be available in the new firmware for OSMO RAW. With the added DJI hand held focus controller mounted to the OSMO handle and OSMO PRO attachment - I want to be able to pull exact focus - however, it appeares this most recent version of firmware and GoApp are missing this focus assist feature.

Or am I simply not finding it in the menus?

Not available for OSMO RAW yet?

Thank you.
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
In the Osmo Pro/Raw firmware, you can toggle on the AF/MF Focus Assistant by tapping the Camera icon in the screen of the App (Please scroll down to find those two items).
2016-5-9
Use props
scott.hoffmanme
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2045614 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-10 02:50
Hello!
In the Osmo Pro/Raw firmware, you can toggle on the AF/MF Focus Assistant by tapping the Came ...

I found it, thanks. Kinda nice how it jumps/zooms in to show focus. But I was hoping for the ability to add the "red" level of focus assist like I can with the X5R when its attached to my Inspire 1 RAW. Being able to touch the screen of a phone while holing the OSMO PRO RAW is not really going to be possible. Let a lone having huge focus jumps like that while recording - this is NOT a PRO set up then, at all!

I just purchased and received the DJI Hand Held Focus controller. The build is nice. A little like my RedRock Micro, but nothing like the RED 3 Axis controller... Anyhow, it feels and looks like it is high end german made and I love that it can control both focus and aperture..... BUT only when DJI makes the special cable to connect the remote focus to the OSMO PRO connector. When and where is that? I had hopes that the CAN-BUS cable would be the one that connects not only to an Inspire 1 RC AND to the OSMO PRO adaptor for X5R... NOPE!

Looking for the PRO ability to turn "red" colored focus assist color and not magnify image so that a single operator can pull focus while operating the OSMO PRO - to make it truly a PRO system.

Looking for DJI to make available ASAP this special cable to connect the DJI Hand Held Focus controller to the OSMO PRO X5R Adaptor.

Disappointed that I have yet again invested in DJI products, with plans to use on projects and to market these tools to my clients.... But like with Ronin & Lightbridge and other DJI products, you only get part of the operating system with parts and pieces or firmware/software to make it what DJI marketed "coming".

In the mean time, I have to sit on my investment ($3,500 X5R, $1,000 in all lenses, ND & Pola, $650 orig OSMO, another $1,000 in added X5 Pro adaptor, all 6 batts, 3 chargers, many accessories, case & now the DJI Hand Held Remote & case at $1,250). Over $7K into a half ass system - that docent connect or allow focus control via the sold/paid/marketed system - Does NOT seem PRO to me. Anyone else feel the same?

I think anyone who has over $30K in DJI products has the right to say this and that DJI needs to step up and do something about it. there are too many other manufacturers out there that are taking care of customers better. RED Digital, Arri, Sony, Panasonic, Apple, FreeFly.

/Users/scotthoffman/Desktop/OSMO PRO RAW.jpg
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

scott.hoffmanme Posted at 2016-5-11 09:33
I found it, thanks. Kinda nice how it jumps/zooms in to show focus. But I was hoping for the abili ...

Thanks for your comment!
Our engineers will look into your requirements about the focus issue.
About the DJI Focus - Osmo Pro/RAW Adaptor Cable, please pay attention to our website.
Unfortunately, the CAN-BUS cable used in the Inspire Raw is different from DJI Focus - Osmo Pro/RAW Adaptor Cable.

As regard to the other DJI Products, I hope we can discuss more specifically in the Pro System section of this Forum.
We would be appreciated with any of your suggestion or feedback.
2016-5-10
Use props
matty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18656654 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Battery adapter cable still does not work even after this update.
Osmo just shuts down after a few seconds.
2016-8-24
Use props
mario0
New

"The Joystick Inversion is only realized in Osmo Raw.

Our engineers are considering to add that feature to the Osmo and Osmo Pro in the future as per your requirements."

I also would like the X3 to have the possibility of inverting tilt controls. When is that going to be implemented? Thanks!

2016-9-11
Use props
mario0
New

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-9 09:44
Hi, Jack
The Joystick Inversion is only realized in Osmo Raw.
Our engineers are considering to add ...

I also would like the X3 to have the possibility of inverting tilt controls. When is that going to be implemented?
2016-9-11
Use props
fans013a912c
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Has the X5R fan issue been fixed. Will the fan shut off during recording?
2017-3-6
Use props
David Hippo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've got the Z-Axis for the X5r with an osmo handle, will this upgrade process still work? I don't own the regular X5 osmo adapter.
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules