Controller can't connect to tablet
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulrondeaux
New

Réunion

Hi everyone!
I've got a P3P and my controller is a GL300A.

I was using firmware 1.4 on the bird and the RC and everything was fine so i didn't want to update to new firmware. I don't know if it's because of the DJI GO app update but now i can't connect my tablet to my RC. I turn on my RC, I turn on the Phantom, i link the tablet to the RC, I see the tablet charging, i can tilt the camera with the RC but when i open the app, I've got only the "how to connect" button and not the "enter camera view" one.
So I decided to update the Phantom but I can't update the RC. I tried the 3 ways: (via APP, via usb and by connecting the RC to the bird and each time nothing happens)

Does anyone has a solution?
2016-5-5
Use props
dntmo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6161 ft
Canada

I have the same issue. My Tablet does not connect to "camera view"
2016-5-5
Use props
dntmo
lvl.1
Canada

my iPad Air 2 automatically updated to the newest version 2.8 and after that no camera view connection.
2016-5-5
Use props
dntmo
lvl.1
Canada

I have no solution. I reset everything including the iPad. Still no connection. Luckily I have the iphone6 and it connects to camera view.
2016-5-5
Use props
dntmo
lvl.1
Canada

My  iPhone has the old version. 2.7.1 because I turned off automatic updates before April
2016-5-5
Use props
RDX
New

Réunion

dntmo@hotmail.c Posted at 2016-5-5 15:14
The iPhone has the old version. I turned off automatic updates.

That's what i think, something is wrong with the new app, but i can't find older version on the market. (I'm using a nexus 7 II )
2016-5-5
Use props
RDX
New

Réunion

For information, i tried to connect another samsung tablet and a friend's ipad (wich he's using to fly his P3P), neither were working.

But i could connect my tablet to my friend's P3P.
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Actually you do not need the app to fly the aircraft and that is why everything works without the app.
If you know your USB cable is good and If you are using IOS, you may need to restore the devise through iTunes by connecting the device to your computer. But first try in the general settings of your device to log out of iTunes then log back in and if that does not work then restore the IOS device. DJI is working with Apple to remedy this.

And if you have Android (Samsung device) and you are on the latest Marshmallow then after plugging in the device and powering up the RC, you have to swipe down from the top and change the USB from charging to Software installation. Also make sure you have delevloper options and USB begugging enabled.
1.png
2.png
3.5.png
3.png
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RDX Posted at 2016-5-5 21:57
For information, i tried to connect another samsung tablet and a friend's ipad (wich he's using to f ...

Read my prior post, it should help you.
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dntmo@hotmail.c Posted at 2016-5-5 21:14
My  iPhone has the old version. 2.7.1 because I turned off automatic updates before April

Please read the prior post, it has instructions.
2016-5-5
Use props
dntmo
lvl.1
Canada

RDX Posted at 2016-5-5 21:57
For information, i tried to connect another samsung tablet and a friend's ipad (wich he's using to f ...

This is very frustrating. The camera view connects to some devices...but not all devices all the time, no matter the version.
What's up with that?
2016-5-5
Use props
dntmo
lvl.1
Canada

The "camera connect" works on my iPod touch with the new version.
2016-5-5
Use props
dntmo
lvl.1
Canada

I will try the iTunes reset on my iPad air2 to try to get the "camera connect" button to connect.
2016-5-5
Use props
dntmo
lvl.1
Canada

I reset the iPad this morning. I reset my iPad and I went into settings and reset the iPad "erase all content and settings" just to get the dji app operating properly. But it didn't connect after the reset as a new devise
2016-5-5
Use props
RDX
New

Réunion

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-5 16:13
Actually you do not need the app to fly the aircraft and that is why everything works without the ap ...

If i can give more details about my problems, when i turn on the RC and the AC, the RC light goes green, i can move the camera but the AC is fast flashing yellow like for a remote controller's signal lost.
So even if i do the CSC, the motors don't start but i can still take pictures or videos
2016-5-5
Use props
I'm having the same issue. DJI says it's my iPad settings that aren't correct.
2016-5-5
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try re-registering your Phantom.
2016-5-5
Use props
Paul86
lvl.2

France

All worked fine until iOS updated. I don't see the point reinstall or setup changes that clearly has not helped those that have chosen to follow these instuctions. DJI working with iapple team to fix the problem. Seems every time I get the drone out when the weather is ok I have to do updates, firmware etc.... Then make sure it all works. Now iOS has caused problem and now waiting for a fix.   It works fine on my S6+ Edge but  cant use that here. So please keep us updated on a fix and where it's coming from Dji or Apple.
2016-5-7
Use props
Paul86
lvl.2

France

Paul86 Posted at 2016-5-7 12:02
All worked fine until iOS updated. I don't see the point reinstall or setup changes that clearly has ...

Where is this fix you are working on with Apple? Sick to death of this. I am about to start a six week course of chemo for my Cancer so won't be able to use this during the treatment in fact I wint want to do anything side effects. If the chemo works as well as my drone I will be dead and as useless as this drone and my iPad Air 2. Which is only for the drone.

I am gutted as nothing you have suggeated fixes the problem. New software and app installed itself and first attempt with my S5 told me I was near a military base, the message vanished there is no base for a hundred miles or more then the app crashed just after I took off. Reset everything or restarted it tried again and at 50 m it crashed again on both attempts it said it had sent a report to dji can't use the phone for long needs new batteries and icons are to small for my huge fingers. So WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX IT??????  
2016-7-15
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

Share your pain guys.
I was able to get my Android device to work by restarting my table after USB is hooked up and the R/C and bird  are started.

Not a fix but may get you in the air.
2016-7-15
Use props
arnout
New

Netherlands

I experience the same kind of problems, but only when I'm close to many wfi routers. Please read http://forum.dji.com/thread-62233-1-1.html for my 'pain' :-(

2016-8-30
Use props
Niceguyblake
New

United States

RDX Posted at 2016-5-5 07:21
If i can give more details about my problems, when i turn on the RC and the AC, the RC light goes green, i can move the camera but the AC is fast flashing yellow like for a remote controller's signal lost.
So even if i do the CSC, the motors don't start but i can still take pictures or videos

I am having the same exact problems as you listed here.. What did you do to fix it?
2017-1-3
Use props
Anthony Ross Deacon
lvl.2

United Kingdom

:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules