12Next >
7681 40 2016-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flopmt
New

Germany

Hey guys,

I've had my Inspire 1 for over a year now and never had any issues but now I'm stuck with this one.
My Inspire is stuck in Travel Mode (blue light on aircraft) and won't exit. It's also showing "No Signal" in the app. Right after rebooting for about 2 seconds it says "Weak image transmission". Then it goes back to "No signal"

I think I have to upgrade the Aircraft's and battery's software, however the gimbal shows as "disconnected", probably because the aircraft is still in travel mode. This way I'm not able to start the upgrade via the Micro SD card in the gimble.
I spent all day yesterday reading on the internet and found that other people have the same issue right now, but there doesn't seem to be a thread in this forum yet.

To get the aircraft out of Travel Mode, I tried using a screw driver to manually move the aircraft up to landing mode. However the software doesn't seem to recognize this, so it remained in travel mode.

I've of course also tried moving the control on the RC up and down 4 times as well as tapping on "Exit travel mode" in the app a million times.
The app does not give me feedback on why it's not doing anything unfortunately. I've used both, iOS and Android so that shouldn't be the issue.

I've also tried downgrading the RC and then upgrading it again, all through the app. Afterwards I always reconnected the RC to the aircraft, which works fine, however this also didn't change anything.

I hope you guys can help me because I'd hate to send the aircraft to DJI. My friend did so the other day and it took 2 months till he got it back, along with a huge bill.

Here are a few screenshots I took yesterday:

The app showing "No signal", the battery was almost dead. Usually it still shows the battery percentage, here it didn't anymore.
IMG_8641.PNG

The app right after upgrading the RC. Unfortunately there was no option to upgrade the aircraft and battery.
IMG_8636.PNG

Before rebooting the RC after the upgrade, Version is unknown for Aircraft:
IMG_8638.PNG

After rebooting the RC it doesn't even show anymore:
IMG_8640.PNG

Same on upgrade screen, it doesn't say that the aircraft requires an upgrade anymore:
IMG_8639.PNG

Then, finally I had this screen. Idk why it says safe to fly. Trying to fly always results in a timeout (probably because the aircraft is stuck in travel mode)
IMG_8637.PNG
2016-5-5
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

So I had both of these happen to me once. The travel mode, make sure the sensors are cleaned out. I bought a "air keyboard duster" and it works great. Make sure it is on a smooth surface that isn't white. Then you can either try raising it by the up/down up/down method on the switch. Or also in the onscreen option it will say "exit travel mode".
Then as for the no signal, my issue ended up being the gold teeth "connectors" that connect the body to the gimbal ended up being bent and two of the teeth weren't making a connection. So I carefully bended them back and that fixed my issue. I hope these work for you, if not call DJI and ask them. Good luck
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please use the academy icon (top right onthe app home screen) press and hold for about 10sec, release and then you will be promoted to downgrade. Downgrade the RC first then update the craft to the newest release. Then you can update the RC once again!
2016-5-5
Use props
flopmt
New

Germany

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-5 19:42
Please use the academy icon (top right onthe app home screen) press and hold for about 10sec, releas ...

Thanks guys! I'll try this.
@DJI-BladeStrike the problem is that I can't update the aircraft. I don't get an option to do this over the air and the gimbal isn't recognized. App says its disconnected
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

flopmt Posted at 2016-5-5 11:41
@DJI-BladeStrike the problem is that I can't update the aircraft. I d ...

Correct. So you downgrade the firmware on the RC. This will get the connection back with the craft to get it out of travel mode. Then you will get power back to the gimbal and it will update.
2016-5-5
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

flopmt Posted at 2016-5-5 13:41

It was critical for  this update to update the aircraft first, so what BS is saying is you need to rollback the RC tranmitter , establish communication with the RC and Aircraft again, Load 1.8 to the aircraft and then load 1.6 to the Aircraft, Dont feel bad this question comes up about once every -other day now.

I will give a video on the rollback procedure in the next post, make sure you have a good wi - fi signal.  

Read my tips page also, it is short and sweet and may save you some heartache in the future.... 5 min read .

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

Cheers- donnie

2016-5-5
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

flopmt Posted at 2016-5-5 13:41

2016-5-5
Use props
flopmt
New

You guys are awesome, that did the trick! Thank you!
I tried this yesterday too but the downgrade always failed. Today it worked.
2016-5-5
Use props
dgalex35
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-5 17:04
It was critical for  this update to update the aircraft first, so what BS is saying is you need to  ...

Like many, I made the mistake of upgrading my RC, before the aircraft.  After reading several posts, I was able to upgrade the aircraft, my 2nd camera (a modified X3 with NIR lens), the batteries and controllers. Unfortunately, my original stock x3 camera is unresponsive. I have tried downgrading the RC and then reverting  back to 1.7 on my aircraft with the NIR camera mounted but the  aircraft doesn't seem to recognize the older bin file of 1.7 on a clean, freshly formatted sd card. I cannot do any upgrades or downgrades with the stock camera since it just hangs on the gimbal with no response whatsoever. I sent log files to DJI and they want me to sent the unit in for repair.   I would send in just the camera and keep using the aircraft and my NIR camera but DJI correspondence is 1-2 days every time I ask a question.  I am in Grand Rapids, MI. Any suggestions?  Thanks!
2016-5-5
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dgalex35 Posted at 2016-5-5 21:09
Like many, I made the mistake of upgrading my RC, before the aircraft.  After reading several post ...

Your camera is still on version 1.7, therefore it will not work, you must rollback to version 1.58 on the RC, re-establish communication , upload 1.8 to this camera  and then load 1.6 back on the  RC.

The aircraft will not recognize the Bin file 1.7 until it re- establishes communication with the Transmitter, that must be rolled to 1.58 to communicate with the 1.7 that is on that camera.

Make sure you are formatting with a PC and not a MAC as well, also make sure you are loading the correct file, if you have the Inspire 1, make sure you are not loading the Pro version of  firmware.

Make sure you have read my tips page as well.

donnie

2016-5-6
Use props
dgalex35
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-6 09:16
Your camera is still on version 1.7, therefore it will not work, you must rollback to version 1.58 ...

Ok, I have rolled back the RC to 1.58 and using the camera that does respond, I rolled back the aircraft to 1.7.00.90+  and that same camera back to 1.7.00.90.  I attached the non-functioning camera but it still will not connect.  Wondering if it might be that the servers have to catch up (from reading your tips section) and it is still possible that the non-functioning camera may wake up after the servers do catch up.  Either that or I have damaged something in that camera with the bonehead move of updating the RC first.  Any thoughts?
Thank you for your help!
2016-5-7
Use props
dgalex35
lvl.1

United States

dgalex35 Posted at 2016-5-7 23:08
Ok, I have rolled back the RC to 1.58 and using the camera that does respond, I rolled back the ai ...

Just a bit more info...  With the updates as listed above, and with the functioning gimbal attached, I cannot control travel mode. It is stuck in landing gear down mode. Also, if I move a joystick, I immediately see a firmware inconsistency error for the RC but is is on 1.58 in the about screen and the aircraft is in 1.7 update so should be a match.  Thanks again for help.
2016-5-8
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dgalex35 Posted at 2016-5-7 22:08
Ok, I have rolled back the RC to 1.58 and using the camera that does respond, I rolled back the ai ...

The only time the servers will update and affirm the update is if you have a + sign after the old firmware.  What do you mean when you say you have a Modified X3 camera ?   ( So with the + sign it will work it just means the firmware wont rollover to the proper numbers until the I pad or whatever gets a internet connection to verify, but this is strange because you are rolling back it should have been like 1.6+ if it was rolling back to 1.7, I am not 100% sure on it with rollbacks though, let me know what it says today, after the I pad had a moment to catch up, I usually like to have my whole system on and be near the wireless internet so the I pad can communicate with the DJI servers  )

The above Paragraph  is confusing sorry , when I talk to you on the phone I will clarify

You should not be having this much trouble,  what version were you on before all this happened? I just assumed you were up to date.  If you were up to date then when you rolled the RC back to 1.58 the aircraft should have responded then IF THE AIRCRAFT  WAS ON VERSION 1.7.

The reason the gear wont work properly is because the RC was updated before the aircraft, it says in the release notes that this would happen.  You need to put the original camera back  on, the one that  matched the RC transmitter at the time you did the update.

I think the problem may be is that the Aircraft  or camera was on a older update than 1.7 perhaps it was on 1.6 or something else.  Do you know what version you were on before all this happened ?  

So also you have full control of the aircraft with this new camera but it will not go out of Landing Mode or Travel mode ?  Is the gear all the way down  Or is it level ?  Level is travel mode and all the way down is landing mode.  If it is in landing mode have you tried a scredriver  to raise the gear a bity manually ?  Then try to raise it via the RC ,  It may be just stuck .  

Send me an e mail so we can talk and I will get you my phone number and we can talk personally , I live in East lansing Michigan so dont worry about time zones and all when  get hold of one another

Also when it says RC inconsistencey does it give details ?  I think the problem here is the camera and aircraft should be at 1.7 if the RC transmitter is indeed at 1.58.  I think the problem is the camera is at 1.? the RC at 1.58 and the Aircraft at 1.7, therfore there is conflict.  You will need to go to the about page with everything on and list all of the version numbers so we can figure this out.  That will be homework until we can talk on the phone .  

Also this MODIFIED  X3 thing has me a bit worried .....

I will give it my best shot though !

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-9 22:19
The only time the servers will update and affirm the update is if you have a + sign after the old f ...

Thanks Donnie, I too am curious if the aircraft/RC are on the prior matched firmware then the gear should work even if the camera is modified with a different lens.
2016-5-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-9 11:00
Thanks Donnie, I too am curious if the aircraft/RC are on the prior matched firmware then the gear ...

I was concerned if " Modified " meant something more than just the lens being updated.  I am wondering now if the camera has been damaged somehow or if it had an older firmware that  the Pilot was not aware of.

Time for the detective work.

Thanks for the Input  Ken - donnie
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-10 20:09
I was concerned if " Modified " meant something more than just the lens being updated.  I am wonde ...

No, thank you Donnie for all the support you contribute to the forum.
We really appreciate it my friend
2016-5-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-10 07:24
We really appreciate it my f ...

Ken , here is the challenge.

The forum member did the update to the RC before the AC.  No biggie Just rollback the RC and Start over.... Not so fast.  What happened when he did not have communication with the now limp camera is he placed his Modified camera  in and it updated to 1.8.

So now the challenge is , the landing gear is locked in the down position  ( I dont get this one, I asked if was in travel mode and he says no, The gear wont retract )  And now he can not use the original camera.

I thought I could just get the system to work by Rolling back the  RC to 1.58 and the AC and camera back to 1.7 then load the old camera back up and try again.

The PROBLEM SEEMS THAT HE IS ON A OLDER VERSION OF FW on the Original camera , the challenge is can I get the system to rollback to say 1.6 or 1.4 ( he is not sure where he jumped from )

Can I roll him back sequentially with the working camera Until I get a match with the old camera . Then  get him out of the Landing gear debacle and get both of his cameras to work ?

I just want to get your 2 cents on this, I have not had this one before.  

I have got to roll his system back to get him out of this landing gear debacle ( It happened right after the update so I am pretty sure it messed something up )  Then I can get the cameras  and aircraft properly updated .   

2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-10 21:51
Ken , here is the challenge.

The forum member did the update to the RC before the AC.  No biggie J ...

That's a hard one, as I can only offer what's online (1.7 and 1.8) if those will not work then he needs to send the aircraft in.
But since you have all the updates, you can try downgrading step by step and see if you can solve it.
2016-5-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-10 09:04
That's a hard one, as I can only offer what's online (1.7 and 1.8) if those will not work then he  ...

I do have all the updates, if I go back one by one will that work ?

I always thought you could only go back ONLY  one  (  so if at 1.8 only to 1.7 ) ,BUT never thought if I did it one by one .....
This is why I think some of the pilots are not able to get out of this jam when they upgraded the RC before the aircraft, they may have jumped  more than one update , and when they rolled back to 1.7 on the AC and 1.58 on the RC it still would not work .  

donnie

2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-10 22:15
I do have all the updates, if I go back one by one will that work ?

I always thought you could on ...

As far as I know you can now only go back one. But feel free to try. Again, I think it's best for the user to just send it in.
2016-5-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-10 09:17
As far as I know you can now only go back one. But feel free to try. Again, I think it's best for  ...

C'mon , thats no  fun  ! Where is your sense of adventure !!!

Just kiddin, thanks for the Help !

Cheers- donnie
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-10 22:20
C'mon , thats no  fun  ! Where is your sense of adventure !!!

Just kiddin, thanks for the Help !

As an employee, all I can recommend is if you cannot get it to work, then we suggest sending it in.
2016-5-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-10 09:23
As an employee, all I can recommend is if you cannot get it to work, then we suggest sending it in ...

I know brother,  My first course of action is like the Dr. Creed  "First , Do No Harm "

donnie
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-10 22:28
I know brother,  My first course of action is like the Dr. Creed  "First , Do No Harm "

Exactly ! ! !
2016-5-10
Use props
ossi.ahola
New

Finland

Hi there,

I might have a similar unmatched fw problem. I got my inspire i back from DJI Team with unmatched FW updates. My RC  has a 1.5.80 version, but the aircraft has only 1.4.00.10+ version firmware. I have tried to upgrade the aircraft numerous times with formatted sc card but the camera is not responding at all (I can't get the aircraft fw updated)
The aircraft is on travel mode with blue light.
Any change to get the aircraft updated otherwise than via sc card?
Thanks for any tips!
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ossi.ahola Posted at 2016-9-12 21:26
Hi there,

I might have a similar unmatched fw problem. I got my inspire i back from DJI Team with u ...

To clarify, did you only send in the aircraft and not the RC? The 1.4.00.10+ normally means that it's upgraded to something newer. If the aircraft is the one that's updated, then you should be able to update your RC without issue. When you attempt to update the RC's firmware, the aircraft is turned off, correct? What mobile device are you using and does it register that the RC is connected via USB? On the Go app's main screen, do you see a message just above camera view indicating that the RC has been connected?
2016-9-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-10 05:24
We really appreciate it my f ...

Hey Ken

I was reading through all of this stuff and I was to understand that you can only go backwards one FW step. I have all of the updates that were rolled out on my back up hard drive. I was not sure why I was hanging on to them... because you cannot go to far backwards.  For me I am waiting for the FW fix to get my video downlink reliable again. If I knew you could roll back before 1.8 camera FW I would do it in a heartbeat!

PS: Any word on the FW fix?  It would be really nice to know the status.
Rich
2016-9-12
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

ossi.ahola Posted at 2016-9-12 08:26
Hi there,

I might have a similar unmatched fw problem. I got my inspire i back from DJI Team with u ...

First off get it out of travel mode via the RC Switch or via the Go app ( Have you done this before ).  Also keep in mind the firmware version numbers  dont always match.  For exaple the latest update for the RC is 1.7 and the latest update for the Inspire is 1.9.  So the numbers do not Match but that is the correct firmware versions of both. You are more than likely already updated.

The + sign after the version number means the update is on the system , it just needs to confirm with DJI servers,  what I do is turn my entire  system ( flight ready standby)  on right near my wi fi router  for my I- pad with the go app on it, then turn on the system entirely leave it on for a bit,  after that re boot and the latest version number should be up with no + sign.
Make sure camera is not connected when implementing the Travel  mode on or off !
Also if the blue light is flashing, you wont be able to upload any firmware regardless.
Read my tips page as well-
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

good luck- donnie

travel mode.PNG
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-13 13:10
Hey Ken

I was reading through all of this stuff and I was to understand that you can only go back ...

Rich, as a DJI employee I can only advise that if you want to downgrade firmware for some reason then you are to do it from the DJI website and go down one step from the latest.
Since you have the prior firmware's, you can try to see if old ones will load or not BUT, DJI advises against it.
2016-9-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-13 07:25
Rich, as a DJI employee I can only advise that if you want to downgrade firmware for some reason t ...

Hi Ken,

As always, this is pretty good advice.  

I do not want to jeopardize the Inspire 1 because I am in a hurry. Hardware and software changes have their limits and for me, I do not want to take a chance (even though I want to).
Please see if you can get some urgency to the R&D team for the new FW fix.  I really want to be able to fly with confidence again while using the video downlink capabilities.

Rich
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-13 23:56
Hi Ken,

As always, this is pretty good advice.  

They are working on it, I have not experienced any issues and I use IOS and Android. Can you find an Android device and see how that works just to rule out your iPad.Also, have ytou tried IOS 10 yet to see if it makes any difference.
2016-9-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-13 09:49
They are working on it, I have not experienced any issues and I use IOS and Android. Can you find a ...

Hi Ken,

I am planning on changing to iOS 10 soon and will give this a try. I do not have access to an Android device, but have tried two different iPads the mini 2 and mini4 with everything on it. People with the X5 have not been experiencing the same level of dropping as the X3  / Z3 camera witch leaves me to believe it has something to do with the "X" series of camera's

Thanks for your feedback. My new camera has been working great on the Inspire 1

Rich
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-14 02:04
Hi Ken,

I am planning on changing to iOS 10 soon and will give this a try. I do not have access t ...

There's got to be a friend with an Android phone you can test out really quick. It seems to be everyone on IOS, that's why I want to see if you guys have the same experience on Android.
Anyways, see if IOS 10 does anything.
Thanks
2016-9-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-13 11:10
There's got to be a friend with an Android phone you can test out really quick. It seems to be eve ...

Hi Ken

I was able to make one test flight today in about 85^F weather with the Inspire 1 V2 X3 with my iPad mini 4 on iOS 10. I can say that this video downlink streaming was better than it has been. I did see some minor drops but I could see for framing my video shots for a complete flight.

I also flew the P3P with the same device on iOS 10 and it seems to be working great (never really had an issue before)

I sincerely believe your last firmware or Go App still needs to be fixed  to get the video stream downlink working again the way it was in the past.

Rich
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-16 07:37
Hi Ken

I was able to make one test flight today in about 85^F weather with the Inspire 1 V2 X3 w ...

If it was firmware I would think Android users would be experiencing the same thing.
I'm sure when there's anything on it, we will post it here.
2016-9-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-15 20:31
If it was firmware I would think Android users would be experiencing the same thing.
I'm sure when ...

Hi Ken

I do know a few android folks but just have not been able to test your theory out. Don't you use Apple devices?  

It seems to me that iPad is my favorite platform overall and it would be important that DJI tests this before releasing it to the masses.

Not bashing, I know that things can happen, just surprised...

Rich
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-16 12:25
Hi Ken

I do know a few android folks but just have not been able to test your theory out. Don't y ...

Yes, I have 3 different iPads, (Air, Air2, Mini3) and I have not experienced any issue with Phantoms, or Inspires. I did get a weak image transmission on a Inspire by my house but I went over a hill and descended down the other side some and that was about 1/2 mile away.
2016-9-16
Use props
fansa4449679
New
United States

I had this same problem as the original poster when trying to update my Inspire1 yesterday.  Any way I can change my slave RC to the master RC since I haven't made the mistake of updating that RC yet?
2017-5-10
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa4449679 Posted at 2017-5-10 11:52
I had this same problem as the original poster when trying to update my Inspire1 yesterday.  Any way I can change my slave RC to the master RC since I haven't made the mistake of updating that RC yet?

downgrade the firmware on the RC then you should be able to raise out of travel mode. have to remember to always update the FW on the Inspire first then the RC 2nd.

i had this same issue before and downgrading the RC works
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansa4449679 Posted at 2017-5-10 11:52

If want to switch to your slave before trying post #39's advice, try the following button combination to reset the RC of presets:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the RC and it will be ready to be paired as the master.

You can manually relink the RC with the following button combination:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-5-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules