Litchi over max flight radius
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aschiewe
New

Switzerland

Hello, just bought he Litchi app and created my first mission. When uploading the mission to the craft, the app reported the following “over maximum flight radius“ and the mission failed. Can someone enlighten me?
2016-5-7
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

I believe there is a maximum 2km for waypoints missions
2016-5-8
Use props
aschiewe
New

Switzerland

Hmm can't be that I simply tried a straight line from my house.. Max 200m still got the same status.. Orbit works ok
2016-5-8
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-8 10:07

I just flew a Litchi mission of more than 6 kms without any problems except that the Phantom got " disconnected" a few times during the trip. Still it returned nicely to it's last waypoint which was, of course, close to where I was waiting .
2016-5-8
Use props
Crofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23415 ft
Australia

aschiewe Posted at 2016-5-8 16:32
Hmm can't be that I simply tried a straight line from my house.. Max 200m still got the same status. ...

Check the settings the DJI Go app, you can't have waypoints further than the max distance set in DJI Go app
2016-5-8
Use props
aschiewe
New

Switzerland

Ok I'll check that and report back..
2016-5-8
Use props
aschiewe
New

Switzerland

Hmm..where do you find the way point settings in the dji app..? Thks
2016-5-8
Use props
tritongr
lvl.1

Greece

aschiewe Posted at 2016-5-8 17:58
Hmm..where do you find the way point settings in the dji app..? Thks

It is not specific to wp.

DGI Go:
Main Controller Settings -> Enable Maximum Distance

Lichi:
General settins -> Map Safe Area Radius
But this will not limit your flight. It is for information only
2016-5-8
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-8 16:07

VC Tech (Litchi) said:
"The 3D distance between consecutive waypoints must be within [0.5,2000]m, this includes between the last and first WP.
I am not aware of any distance restrictions between HP and first WP"
2016-5-8
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-5-8 17:50
VC Tech (Litchi) said:
"The 3D distance between consecutive waypoints must be within [0.5,2000]m,  ...

I do understand that there is this limitation between "two consecutive waypoints" but not between the first and the last, unless you have only two waypoints, in which case the first and the last become 'consecutive'.
As said I completed this morning my Litchi WP-flight without any glitch and it was in total 6330 meters long. P4, battery at start 100 %, at the end of the mission 41 %. Three or four times during the mission the P4 lost connection but that didn't change anything to the flight which went on without problems.
When losing connection sometimes only Litchi said "Disconnected" but the green light on the RC stayed green, sometimes the light on the RC went to red but Litchi didn't say anything about disconnection, sometimes both the red light on the RC and the Litchi warned for the disconnection.
2016-5-8
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-9 00:03
I do understand that there is this limitation between "two consecutive waypoints" but not between  ...

Wow - 6330m is quite far. What was the furthest distance from the actual HP?
I have never tried ending a mission more than 2km away from wp1 or the home point and probably wouldn't, except to deliver groceries, but that wouldn't be the end either, would it? I probably couldn't take off again.
These distances are well outside the allowed usage here in the US - even though a lot of us have done it.  
2016-5-8
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-5-8 19:06
I have never tried en ...

It was a tour around the major points of interest of my small town: church (build 1465), soccer stadion, three castles and finally my own home. Furthest distance from WP 1 was something like 1600 meters I think. Altitude 45 meter; speed between waypoins 30 km/h.Duration of the flight some 15 minutes. And the last WP was some 100 meters away from the first , so it was a big circle...
2016-5-8
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-9 06:12
It was a tour around the major points of interest of my small town: church (build 1465), soccer sta ...

Thanks
Love to see the video.
2016-5-8
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-5-9 01:06
I have never tried en ...

Hey, hope you are doing well.
I'm trying to do one that is 4.3 miles round trip and had only two points, so after reading the litchi guide and this thread I added two more points so that there would not be any conflicts regarding the maximum distance between consecutive points. I will try it out and let you know, as soon as the rain stops here.
I have done the same route manually, but had to climb on top of my roof to get a clear signal all the way to the last way point 2.15 miles away, as there are trees and a few houses immediately behind my house.
I just don't want to keep climbing on the roof with a towel over my head so I can see the dann screen, as this seems to get my neighbors a bit scared of the crazy guy on the roof hiding under a towel fiddling around with some electronic device!!!
Update:
After having made the necessary changes, I just tried the mission without the p3 and I don't get the distance errors anymore, obviously just the turn switch on to f mode which makes me believe that it is going to work, I'll know in the next couple days after the rain stops.
Now one more question,  I know we can change the overall cruising  and max speed for the entire mission in the settings but is there a way to AUTOMATICALLY change speed between WAYPOINTS? As I would want to get to the subject asap but once at the subject I don't want to be flying at 33mph which is the speed I need to set the cruising speed to in order to get from home point to the subject then do my mission at slow speed around the subject and get back at max speed again. Thanks
2016-5-8
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer

I do understand that there is this limitation between "two consecutive waypoints" but not between  ...

Hi, please read my post above this one and see if you can help with the speed in between waypoints!
Thanks for your time and info.
2016-5-8
Use props
kimthurston2004
New

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-9 00:25
I'm trying to do one that is 4.3 miles round trip and had only two po ...

Just tell your neighbors you are building a clock in a briefcase, you might even get invited to the whitehouse
2016-5-9
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-9 07:25

I'm not aware of such a (very useful indeed) feature in Litchi and if it does exist I didn't find it yet.
I do think that it exists in Autopilot though where you can set the speed once the drone arrived at the waypoint.
Autopilot has many other features but is so d*mned user-unfriendly that I never got to plan a good WP-route in Autopilot.
2016-5-9
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-9 19:53
I'm not aware of such a (very useful indeed) feature in Litchi and if it does exist I didn't find  ...

Thanks, hopefully they can add that on a future update as, imo, it is a must have for any decent mission based SW.
2016-5-9
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-9 13:25

I always like reading your posts - you create great mental images for us.
You should put a windmill in your backyard. On windy days you could charge your batteries and on the calm days climb to the top and use it as an observation/control tower. (Just spitballing here)
I usually fly from my second floor deck which gives me a LOS view practically to infinity. Only problem is it's covered so I reset my HP after take off.
I first learned of the 2km limit when I set wp2 at 1.5 miles. Litchi said keep them under 1.25 miles so I inserted a new wp between 1 and 2 - problem solved.
It's too bad they don't support multiple speeds. I guess you could just set it for a shuttle speed and throttle back when you get to your photo op. Or, vice-versa, but you might want to already be in high gear when your mission goes way out, just incase you lose contact.
2016-5-9
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-5-9 23:36
I always like reading your posts - you create great mental images for us.
You should put a windmil ...

Thank you for the kind words. Before the windmill, I'm planning on a recliner and an umbrella!
What you just mentioned is what I did to my waypoints mission, thank you. I just contacted litchi and they said that at  the moment there is no option to set speed for each waypoint. phanfran mentioned that auto pilot may offer that, so I can now say after checking with them that indeed they do offer speed setting at each waypoint.
Also, on a different note: I have hell of a time with reflection on my device so I bought a good quality military grade anti reflection screen, well, it doesn't help much either. So I was planning on getting a hood by hoodmanusa.com, which I am familiar with from my bebop parrot days. It works great, but it's a cumbersome thing. So I came across a thread on the forum with a guy using VR goggle hooked up to his phone instead of using HDMI module and Fpv goggles. Just ordered one for$40 to see how it works, if it works good then Sun reflection will be resolved. Will keep you up to date on that.
Have fun
2016-5-9
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-10 00:29
Thank you for the kind words. Before the windmill, I'm planning on a recliner and an umbrella!
Wha ...

VR might be good. Many love the phone holder like you ordered. I got a pair last month for my iPhone in anticipation of Litchi releasing VR for IOS (they promised). I bought the app VR Camera and then added the in-app purchase of VR Goggles (all-in $10). Have not tried it, but people say it's great. That setup would be for manual flying, but that's kind of the point - right? I believe it does gimbal head tracking.
One thing I noticed with my goggles - and I heard someone else mention it also, is I need to wear my readers to focus, even screwed all the way in. I hope yours have more adjustment or you aren't farsighted.
There really isn't a good solution for glare and reflection that I know of. My ground station being under a covered deck helps a little.
People say HoodMan is difficult it work with so I took it out of my cart.
We need a tablet with LEDs as bright as a digital billboard. Just a little brighter than the sun.
digital-billboard.png
2016-5-9
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Ok, I've been talking with litchi regarding this.
There is a maximum distance limit of 2000 m between 21st and last waypoint. As it says in their manual "consecutive waypoints," it does not say "2 consecutive waypoints".
So my mission of  2.25 miles one way is not possible regardless of how many waypoints I add in between, as the "consecutive waypoints limit" rule would be broken.

Here is a screen shot of the communication with litchi.

Litchi

Litchi
2016-5-15
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-15 17:32
Ok, I've been talking with litchi regarding this.
There is a maximum distance limit of 2000 m betw ...

This is exactly what I mean: my total distance is often more than 6000 m but the distance between the first and last waypoint DIRECTLY (so, NOT following the whole route) is only a few tens of meters.
If that is NOT what the Litchi people mean than they don't know their own product: I just finished a Litchi waypoint flight with a total length of 5338 m without any problem, but , indeed, the straight distance between waypoint one and the last waypoint was not more than 100 meters. It was a grand tour of major POI's in my little town.
2016-5-18
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-19 02:58
This is exactly what I mean: my total distance is often more than 6000 m but the distance between t ...

I believe they mean the distance between the first and last can't be more than 2000m. My mission is 2.25miles one way and then back to HP in a straight line, so therefore it is over the limit and can't be done. Oh, well!!!
2016-5-18
Use props
djiuser_JLPVOEe
lvl.1

Singapore

If DJI GO4 is started first to fly the drone, followed by using Litchi to fly the same drone on the same phone, the Litchi error message will simply go away. This works for me.  
2017-8-20
Use props
GM74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105502 ft
Netherlands

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-18 10:58
This is exactly what I mean: my total distance is often more than 6000 m but the distance between the first and last waypoint DIRECTLY (so, NOT following the whole route) is only a few tens of meters.
If that is NOT what the Litchi people mean than they don't know their own product: I just finished a Litchi waypoint flight with a total length of 5338 m without any problem, but , indeed, the straight distance between waypoint one and the last waypoint was not more than 100 meters. It was a grand tour of major POI's in my little town.

Link for video please... love to see that..
2017-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules