Camera tilt not working/gimbal cannot receive main controller data?!
2833 11 2016-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msteinmann
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi everyone

I have a P4 and everything's perfect, but I'm not able to tilt my camera up or down. Any solutions?
Thanks for your help.
Mike
2016-5-8
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

What exactly do you mean by 'tilting' ? Ypou mena the camera/gimbal pitch ? You use the left wheel to steer that and it doesn't move ? You tried calibrating the gimbal ?
2016-5-8
Use props
msteinmann
lvl.1

Switzerland

Yes exactly, I am using the left wheel. I did the calibration with the Dji Go App, is there any other way to calibrate the gimbal? When I do it with the app a message appears that the drone has to be level, then I press OK and afterwards there isn't any message that it worked.
2016-5-8
Use props
kylmannen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4335463 ft
Denmark

The same thing happening to me
2016-5-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you've not done so yet then:- IMU, Gimbal, Obstacle avoidance sensor and RC "stick & gimbal wheel" calibrations are all best to be done.

I would calibrate the IMU 1st on a dead level surface (not just flat or 'almost' level), and away from direct electrical interference in case it influences the reading. Once that is done do a gimbal calibration. When completed reboot the aircraft. Then the Remote Control Sticks & Gimbal control wheel calibration, and finally the Obstacle avoidance system calibrations can be done.

And just before your 1st flight a compass calibration.
2016-5-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The online Manual in the downloads section explains how to do each of these, and is worth a read from start to finish before the 1st flight. There are a lot of features and one or two minor quirks to read up on.
2016-5-9
Use props
msteinmann
lvl.1

Switzerland

Alright, thanks for your help, I'll try it that way..
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello msteinmann, does this issue come up after firmware upgrade or crash? There is another way to move the camera up and down. When you see the live feed, touch the screen with one finger and you will get a blue circle. Try to move the blue circle to control the camera IMG_0439.PNG
2016-5-9
Use props
david.p.mann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try doing a RC stick calibration from the DJI GO app with your mobile device connected to your RC.  Turn on RC but leave the P4 turned OFF for this stick calibration.  From Camera Screen, press "..." menu icon in upper right corner.  Then select RC ICON (3rd one down on left).  Then select "Remote Controller Calibration".  Then tap on Calibrate and follow instructions.  You will need to move first the left stick to all four corners several times, then right stick around to all four corners a couple times, then finally roll the gimbal wheel slowly each way to its limit at least twice. Then click finish.  That should give you your gimbal up and down control.  
2016-5-9
Use props
msteinmann
lvl.1

Switzerland

Thank you every one for the help. I did everything you said but now in the overall status it is written that the gimbal cannot receive Main Controller data?! Further Gimbal and Main Controller disconnected. Any advises?It wasn?t after a crash, it never worked, not out of the box and not after a firmware upgrade..
Just for Info:
App 2.8.1
Aircraft 01.01.0301
RC N/A --> I can't do an upgrade of the RC with the Dji Assistant!!
I realised another thing, I am not able to switch from follow mode to FPV mode.
2016-5-14
Use props
evrenalex
New

Cyprus

msteinmann Posted at 2016-5-14 21:05
Thank you every one for the help. I did everything you said but now in the overall status it is writ ...

Did u solve the issue? I have the same problems :/
2016-9-6
Use props
fans6af74cf1
lvl.1
  • >>>
Saudi Arabia

please I need help
I have the same issue

2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced