70030 271 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

IOS has been updated to 9.3.2 which should fix the connectivity issue.

Here are some solutions in case you cannot get your device connected to the app.
First make sure the USB cable is fine.
For Android phones and possibly tablets if you have updated to marshmallow, follow these steps to be able to connect with the app.
Plug the USB cable into the device and RC and power up the RC, go into your settings then developer options, have develper options enabled.
Then swipe down from the top to bring up your open tabs. You will see "Connected for charging" and tap that then it will bring up another menu and switch the USB from charging to "Software Installation". Now your device will recognize the app.

For IOS, last option is to restore the ipad/iPhone (after syncing your data). First try signing out of iCloud and see if that works. Then also try to reset the network settings and location & privacy. if those do not work then you will need to do a full restore of your iPhone/iPad and then you will be able to get into the app.
DJI is working with Apple to remedy this.
1.png
2.png
3.5.png
3.png
IMG_0640.PNG
IMG_0641.PNG
IMG_0642.PNG
restore ipad screenshot.jpg
2016-5-10
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I also find it helps performance on Android devices to set background apps to 0,  force gpu rendering to on and disable hardware overlays, which offloads the graphics processing from the cpu  for the gpu to handle.  I have also found that if you normally use Litchi,  for example, and you have the device configured so that the default application that loads automatically when plugged into the r/c is Litchi,  you will not be able to load the Dji-Go app until you reset the default behavior.  I leave mine so that it asks me,  every time,  which app to use,  and I always select Just Once,  so that it does not set a default app.  By doing this, I can select whatever I want every time I power up to fly.
2016-5-10
Use props
mrbillgill1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

Sadly, my xiaomi mi pad 2 doesn't have the usb function switch, so I'm knackered
2016-5-10
Use props
jeep.marshall
lvl.1

I've done everything recommended by this forum and several other sites.  Bottom line - The APP won't connect.  I've tried two iPhones and iPad.  I did a full reset of all my devices. I swapped cables.  My P3 and P4 will not connect.  I've wasted well over 10-hours in the last two days trying to get this to work.  FIX IT DJI.  Acknowledge that you broke something on the last patch.
2016-5-11
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken

Thanks for the solution/tutorial.

This is the type of support and responsible acknowledgement of issues users expect from a mature company.

Majority of users understand that any product reliant on SW will have some bugs on release that will be fixed over the course of FW releases. The fact that you stood-up, provided suggested solutions to a problem then acknowledged that its an issue that you are working on with Apple to resolve confirms your integrity.

THANKS!!!!!!
2016-5-11
Use props
vincent.bredoux
lvl.1

France

I tried what you mentionned... Does not work with my IPhone 6S plus, while it works with my 5S and my android device...

Please, give an update!!!

Quick!!!

Nice weather is coming back!
2016-5-11
Use props
Paul86
lvl.2

Netherlands

New version of DJI go tried today, no change, willl not connect. Connected my Galaxy S5 and S6 Edge + and both connect and work fine.  This problem only started after IOS update, working with Apple to fix it is fine but I am not happy about reseting my iPad and reinstalling everything when other users have been through this pain and it does NOT fix the problem.

My phone screens are too small for my poor eyesight which is why I spend a fortune on the iPad Air2 having tried to get the Galaxy S to work and the Galaxy A and failed.  So to have spent this much money I had to buy the iPad or just give up with the drone after waiting four months for DJI to produce an app that works on Tab S, having sold the two other tablets loosing money on both of them I am gutted to be in this situation again only now with iPad.  Had to spend most of last year recovering from major Cancer surgery then a broken hiip now I am unable to use the drone again I can't frustrated!
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Paul86 Posted at 2016-5-11 18:57
New version of DJI go tried today, no change, willl not connect. Connected my Galaxy S5 and S6 Edge  ...

I am sorry. Like I posted earlier, DJI is working with Apple to remedy this. For now a full restore may be the only way to get into the app.
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

vincent.bredoux Posted at 2016-5-11 18:46
I tried what you mentionned... Does not work with my IPhone 6S plus, while it works with my 5S and m ...

You tried the restore, after backup correct?
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jeep.marshall@g Posted at 2016-5-11 18:03
I've done everything recommended by this forum and several other sites.  Bottom line - The APP won't ...

I'm sorry you are still having trouble. You did the complete restore on your IOS device from iTunes correct?
2016-5-11
Use props
vincent.bredoux
lvl.1

France

Yes, I restored after backup..
I removed the app, then back up, reset and restore and install DJI GO...

Same result...
;0(
And it works with my 5S and Samsung android devices... but not on my brand new 6S plus...
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

vincent.bredoux Posted at 2016-5-11 22:10
Yes, I restored after backup..
I removed the app, then back up, reset and restore and install DJI GO ...

OK, I am very sorry about that, I will report it and see if there is another option.
2016-5-11
Use props
paolocurro
lvl.1

Italy

Hi. After marshmallow update my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dji Go not work is installed with Litchi and not work Litchi. If you install only Dji Go or only Litchi the system work (phantom 3 pro). I tried your solutions but option "install application" in Usb option developer not exist. Please Help me. Thanks. Paolo
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

paolocurro Posted at 2016-5-11 23:15
Hi. After marshmallow update my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dji Go not work is installed with Litchi and not w ...

Pablo, with the RC turned on and USB cable connected, when you swipe down from the top you do not see the "CONNECTED FOR CHARGING' tab?
2016-5-11
Use props
aviador7000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18862 ft
Germany

I'm using 3 iOS-devices, iPad Pro 9,7 an iPad 2 with iOS 9.3.1 an iPhone 4s with iOS 9.2.1. I have only the original lightning cable for the iPad Pro 9,7 and several old Apple cable (all original) for the iPad 2 ans iPhone 4s. On all divices i don't get the connect button, only "How to connect".

The LED on the RC is green, so I think, the connection with the Phantom 4 and the RC works.

Now i've resetted one of my iPads (the iPad 2) as new device without any restore - the only app new installed is the DJI GO App - doesn't wort :-(
Reset Network Settings and Location & Privacy - doesn't work (on my iPad 2 and my iPad Pro 9.7) - doesn't work

I got only the Button "How to connect"

An of course, i've logged on with my DJI-Account in the App.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot

PS: I've tested with Version 2.8.0 and 2.8.1
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

aviador7000@gma Posted at 2016-5-12 00:27
I'm using 3 iOS-devices, iPad Pro 9,7 an iPad 2 with iOS 9.3.1 an iPhone 4s with iOS 9.2.1. I have o ...

I am sorry you are having difficulties.
You said you resetted WITHOUT restoring.
Do the restore from iTunes from your computer.
let me know if that then lets you into the app.
2016-5-11
Use props
aviador7000
lvl.1
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-11 18:55
I am sorry you are having difficulties.
You said you resetted WITHOUT restoring.
Do the restore f ...

Yes, I've made a restore via iTunes on my windowds-computer
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

aviador7000@gma Posted at 2016-5-12 01:03
Yes, I've made a restore via iTunes on my windowds-computer

Ok, thanks. I have informed them that it seems a few people cannot get into the app even after doing a full restore.
Also, after you do the restore, you are not installing the back-up right? You are starting fresh as if it were a brand new device and downloading the GO app from the app store correct?
2016-5-11
Use props
paolocurro
lvl.1

Italy

Hi, in my Android Galaxy S5 (Marshmellow), I can not get to the page (Then swipe down from the top to bring up your open tabs. You will see "Connected for charging" and tap that then it will bring up another menu and switch the USB from charging to "Software Installation").
Please tell me how should I do?
I do not find "Connected for charging - Touch for other USB options" but I find only "USB Configuration".
If I tap "USB Configuration" then appears "USE USB for" menu containing only the following options :
1) Charging
2) MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)
3) PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol)
4) RNDIS (USB Ethernet)
5) Audio Source
6) MIDI

I updated my Galaxy S5 to Marshmellow and now I note the following issues:
1) DjiGo the app is installed and working properly
2) if you later install the app Litchi, do not work nor DjiGo nor Litchi
3) if I uninstall the app DjiGo, the app Litchi working properly.
4) if I uninstall the app Litchi, the app works properly DjiGo

What do I need for work both at once?
2016-5-11
Use props
derekm
New

United States

I too am struggling with this issue as well. I am not able to totally wipe out my phone as I need it backed up. I have tried everything except for not using the back up.
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

derekm@flco.com Posted at 2016-5-12 02:25
I too am struggling with this issue as well. I am not able to totally wipe out my phone as I need it ...

You can do the backup first and then and then do the restore.
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

paolocurro Posted at 2016-5-12 02:21
Hi, in my Android Galaxy S5 (Marshmellow), I can not get to the page (Then swipe down from the top t ...

You do want to use both apps at the same time.
I cannot speak for Litchi since I have never used it.
but if the GO app is working correctly now, then that is all I am able to assist you with.
2016-5-11
Use props
derekm
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-11 14:29
You can do the backup first and then and then do the restore.

I was referring to your comment here.

"Also, after you do the restore, you are not installing the back-up right? You are starting fresh as if it were a brand new device and downloading the GO app from the app store correct?"
2016-5-11
Use props
derekm
New

United States

derekm@flco.com Posted at 2016-5-11 14:36
I was referring to your comment here.

"Also, after you do the restore, you are not installing th ...

I have reinstalled the app before as well. If that is what you are getting at.
2016-5-11
Use props
aviador7000
lvl.1
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-11 19:55
Ok, thanks. I have informed them that it seems a few people cannot get into the app even after doi ...

yes, I've reset on fectory settings and only installed the dji go app, no restore etc
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

derekm@flco.com Posted at 2016-5-12 02:37
I have reinstalled the app before as well. If that is what you are getting at.

Yes, basically I was saying to first backup your device then restore and install the GO app from the app store and then power up the RC and plug in the USB cable and see if you can connect. That's basically plugging a new device into a brand new iPad/iPhone.
if this does not work and you know your USB cable is fine and you know the USB port on the RC is fine because other devices can get in to the app, then I am out of ideas and have reported that the restore is not working foe w few people and I will report back when I get an answer.
I am sorry about that.
2016-5-11
Use props
juerg.baumann1
lvl.2
  • >>>

Dear Ken

After restoring my iPhone 6 twice, spending CHF 130.- on a new HDMI Output Module for my remote and another CHF 25.- on new USB cables for the iPhone (all done on advice of DJI Germany), I am still unable to link the DIJ Go App or the Litchi App to my P3P. Using my remote I am able to start/Stop the motors, move the Gimbal an even take pictures or start/stop video recording. Before restoring the iPhone, I could connect the Go App sometimes with the remote but lost connection after one or two minutes in the air. After the restores I do not have any connection of the App anymore (I tried all yor adivces posted above). The P3P is UNUSABLE for me already for two months now!

You will understand, that I am not satisfied with the current situation, especially as I would have to send things from Switzerland to Holland for repair/exchange (again lots of money and custom hassles to send the big package there.

Having spent quite an amount of money for an originally superb product, I cannot understand your technical supports approach to your customers. Letting them spend again money on something, that will not help after all. I would expect that you will take care of your customers providing them with a downgrade hot fix until you found/fixed the reason for this major issue and at the same time withdraw the FW versions that cause problems from the market.

Your colleagues did en excellent job by providing a free external microphone to OSMO users. I am looking foreward to a similar approach after releasing FW upgrades with major flaws to customers that spent addtional money and lots of hours to fix problems that cannot be fixed by customers.
2016-5-11
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft

juerg.baumann1 Posted at 2016-5-12 06:17
Dear Ken

After restoring my iPhone 6 twice, spending CHF 130.- on a new HDMI Output Module for my r ...

Can you try another device instead of your phone, maybe a tablet or another phone, just to see if the problem persists on a totally different device!
2016-5-11
Use props
juerg.baumann1
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

I tried with an iPad Mini 2 that uses the same iOS Version 9.3.1 -> no connection possible. I also tried with a Lenovo Android Tablet (Version 4.2something) -> no connection possible. The last time I used this tablet before was in December last year (with the SW version that were current then), at this time the GO App worked on the Lenovo tablet.

The latest Litchi iOS App (which is based on the DIJ SDK) also just shows "disconnected".

I also own an OSMO. There the same GO App connects perfectly to the device (altough through WiFi and not USB).

I really don't know what else I could do... other than thinking that the USB support of the latest GO App and the corresponding FW on the remote do not work properly together anymore...
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

juerg.baumann1 Posted at 2016-5-12 15:57
I tried with an iPad Mini 2 that uses the same iOS Version 9.3.1 -> no connection possible. I also t ...

The firmware has nothing to do with it.
Can you please try a few other devices, Android if possible and if it still will not work then it must be the USB port on the RC and you will need to send it in for repair. Do you know anyone else around you that you can try their phone/tablet or RC. And Phantom 3 Pro/Advanced or Inspire RC will work.
I am sorry that you are still having issues.
2016-5-12
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft

I tried with an iPad Mini 2 that uses the same iOS Version 9.3.1 -> no connection possible. I also t ...

Have you double checked the ribbon cables from gimbal to the P3
2016-5-12
Use props
derekm
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-12 09:52
The firmware has nothing to do with it.
Can you please try a few other devices, Android if possib ...

Just so you know Ken, I tried my drone with a coworkers Android and it connects to the camera. The Apple device does not.
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

derekm@flco.com Posted at 2016-5-12 22:47
Just so you know Ken, I tried my drone with a coworkers Android and it connects to the camera. The ...

Ok, so we know the USB port is fine. So you have done the restore through iTunes and wiped the device?
In your earlier post you said that you are not able to totally wipe out your phone.
2016-5-12
Use props
derekm
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-12 10:59
Ok, so we know the USB port is fine. So you have done the restore through iTunes and wiped the dev ...

Yes, I have done the full restore.
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The Osmo connect fine because it's WiFi and not using the USB cable.
Just to break it down, you did the restore through iTunes by connecting your iPad to your computer. The without using ( Restore backup) you download the Go app and it still will not connect to the RC when the RC is powered on?
If you do the restore iPad then restore backup, it just takes you back to where you were. Make sure you DO NOT do a Restore Backup.
Let me know.
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

derekm@flco.com Posted at 2016-5-12 23:01
Yes, I have done the full restore.

OK, I really do apologize. This solution was working as of yesterday. I know DJI and Apple are working on it and should be resolved soon.
2016-5-12
Use props
francofoto
New

Brazil

DJI-Ken - Thanks for the Android tutorial. Things appear to be ok now - I was able to start it indoor but can't take outside as it's raining...
I followed it until the part I could which was turning on the USB debugging option. After that, I didn't have the other screens open...
One thing to note: Before following the tutorial, it was showing version 1.6.0 on the phone and the app was saying that the firmware was the latest. After checking the USB debugging when I powered up and connected the RC to the Note 4 the app required an update which I did and it's working now...So, maybe the update from the pack that I downloaded from the DJI website gave some kind of false positive to the RC update...Just saying...
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

francofoto Posted at 2016-5-12 23:10
DJI-Ken - Thanks for the Android tutorial. Things appear to be ok now - I was able to start it indoo ...

Glad it's working, you're saying in the about page of the GO app the RC said 1.6, then after you chose USB debugging the home page of the app gave you the notice that the RC requires an update and the about page said 1.5.8 ?
2016-5-12
Use props
aviador7000
lvl.1
Germany

aviador7000@gma Posted at 2016-5-11 20:39
yes, I've reset on fectory settings and only installed the dji go app, no restore etc
now i have reset my iPad 2 a second time with a new windows-pc and a new installed itunes (win10 64bit) - reset to factory settings; activated via iTunes; connected to the wifi for installing the dji go app (no app else installed, only factory settings). How showed in the "how to connected"-info i've swotched on the RC, than i've switched on the copter, next step was connecting the iPad with usb to the RC, started the app, signing in with my dji account - unfortunately only "how to connect"-button.
next procedure: I've connected the iPad with rc (both switched off), switched on the copter, switched on the RC (the iPad was started automatically), started the app manually (How to connect-button), stopped the app, switched off the rc, (ipad ist still running), switched an the rc - unfortunately also "how to connect"-button.
i have no idea else, what can i do?
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

aviador7000@gma Posted at 2016-5-13 00:03
now i have reset my iPad 2 a second time with a new windows-pc and a new installed itunes (win10 64b ...

The sequence isn't going to make a difference, which aircraft and RC do you have?
If you have a B or C model you should also see "C1" when you connected to the RC (and it's powered on)
in the About tab of the general settings on you IOS device.
Here's a screenshot of my iPad Air and under modem firmware you see C1, If you have a B or C RC then you should also see this C1. If you have a B or C RC and do not see C1, let me know.
Again, DJI is working with Apple to remedy this, and I'm sorry for those who cannot connect.
C1.PNG
2016-5-12
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules