Solution for Android or IOS not connecting to DJI GO app
69989 271 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

I have a question, can the Samsung S7 Edge work with the DJI GO app?
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Jan
New
Flight distance : 35453 ft
Belgium

DJI-Jan Posted at 2017-1-31 04:36
#Quick Reply Here#Can't connect Samsung S2 with DJIGO 4 , did everything as you desctribed , developer options  ON, USB debugging ON, but I can't tick Software installation, I got only these options ; Transferring media files , Transferring images, Connecting MIDI devices and Charching , Help please !

I have the Phantom 4 , samsung S2 worked perfect with the go app , not with go4 app apparently. Please advise.
2017-1-31
Use props
tipoune
New

Germany

Scotty S Posted at 2016-11-18 03:23
OK.....  I've discovered a solution (hooray).
Perhaps I wasn't reading previous instructions carefully enough, but in saying that, I don't believe the instructions relating to USB debugging on this forum are clear enough.

Thanks a lot... that helps very well...

DJI - why did you not explain that procedure properly. It has been a wonderful morning and I could not go out with my nice drone.

Guys you need to consider that you're not selling cheap toys. Please fix that app once and for all and make it stable !!
2017-2-10
Use props
fansc9e8058d
New

United States

I can use my I pad mimi 2 no problem but when I use my galaxy s5 it only recognized camera for the inspire will not connect to my mavic. Doesn't even recognize it with dji go or go-4. Anyone know why?
2017-2-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansc9e8058d Posted at 2017-2-11 00:09
I can use my I pad mimi 2 no problem but when I use my galaxy s5 it only recognized camera for the inspire will not connect to my mavic. Doesn't even recognize it with dji go or go-4. Anyone know why?

You may have to swipe down when connected and RC powered on and change from USB for Charging to one of the other options.
I do not have an Android anymore but when I had a S6 I would have to swipe down from the top and make the change.
2017-2-12
Use props
filmic14
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-11 07:40
Pablo, with the RC turned on and USB cable connected, when you swipe down from the top you do not see the "CONNECTED FOR CHARGING' tab?

DJI-Ken,

This is an infuriating problem. I am using a Note 3, have updated the OS to Marshmallow and have enabled USB debugging. I do not receive the notification that the phone is "Connected for Charging", although I have manually changed the default USB functionality to MTP within the developer options. I have used multiple cables and they all allow me to connect to a computer and transfer files, but all I see when I connected the phone to the controller is the charging symbol. In fact, I have also now tried a Galaxy Tab 2 and Galaxy S6 and have updated each of their firmwares, and am still having the same problem. I am feeling the urge to smash things.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

filmic14 Posted at 2017-3-3 12:03
DJI-Ken,

This is an infuriating problem. I am using a Note 3, have updated the OS to Marshmallow and have enabled USB debugging. I do not receive the notification that the phone is "Connected for Charging", although I have manually changed the default USB functionality to MTP within the developer options. I have used multiple cables and they all allow me to connect to a computer and transfer files, but all I see when I connected the phone to the controller is the charging symbol. In fact, I have also now tried a Galaxy Tab 2 and Galaxy S6 and have updated each of their firmwares, and am still having the same problem. I am feeling the urge to smash things.

If you have tried multiple cables and also multiple devices it may be the USB port.
Can you borrow a IOS device and install the app just to test to make sure.
2017-3-3
Use props
bvanhaastrecht
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello, I've got my Mavic today. I've got an Android A5. I installed Dji Go4 App, enabled USB debugging and connected my phone. Then booted the Mavic and RC. In the menu slider I set it to charge. The Dji Go App pops up and then it detects an Phantom 3 is connected and suggest me to install pre P4 Go App. After a while an andoird message pops up that it cant connect to the device and suggest cable replug. What's going wrong here?
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bvanhaastrecht Posted at 2017-3-9 23:52
Hello, I've got my Mavic today. I've got an Android A5. I installed Dji Go4 App, enabled USB debugging and connected my phone. Then booted the Mavic and RC. In the menu slider I set it to charge. The Dji Go App pops up and then it detects an Phantom 3 is connected and suggest me to install pre P4 Go App. After a while an andoird message pops up that it cant connect to the device and suggest cable replug. What's going wrong here?

Below is the list of DJI recommended devices, you may need to use one of those.
Also in the menu slider do not set it to charge, that way it will not transfer any data. Change it to one of the other options like midi.
2017-3-10
Use props
Mavic Owner
lvl.3

Philippines

Hi DJI-Ken, Will this Solution for Android or IOS not connecting to DJI GO app still applies today?
2017-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mavic Owner Posted at 2017-4-1 14:30
Hi DJI-Ken, Will this Solution for Android or IOS not connecting to DJI GO app still applies today?

What device are you using, if it's one of the recommended devices then you should have no issues on IOS or Android.
2017-4-1
Use props
Mavic Owner
lvl.3

Philippines

"Samsung J5 2016- I am not sure if it's one of the recommended devices
2017-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mavic Owner Posted at 2017-4-1 15:53
"Samsung J5 2016- I am not sure if it's one of the recommended devices

I've never heard of that one. Here is the list of DJI recommended devices.

iOS Version v4.0.6.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.0.5.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, MI 3, MI PAD, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, Smartisan T1.
2017-4-1
Use props
Mavic Owner
lvl.3

Philippines

Thank you

2017-4-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome, have a great week.
2017-4-3
Use props
fansae32aaeb
New
India

Please help me i got new phantom 4 and its not getting connected to dji go 4 app motors also not starting only camera tilts up and down if i scroll on rc i used iphone 6s n ipad mini 2
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansae32aaeb Posted at 2017-4-20 14:10
Please help me i got new phantom 4 and its not getting connected to dji go 4 app motors also not starting only camera tilts up and down if i scroll on rc i used iphone 6s n ipad mini 2

Can you try a different USB cable.
When you plug the cable in with the RC on and app running do you get a ding from your phone/iPad?
2017-4-21
Use props
6-3cko
New
Flight distance : 20240 ft
France

Hello here,

I also have a Samsung J5 (2016) and the app won't work at all...
I've tried everything : other cables, phone restart when plugged in, USB debogging, etc... Non of them work...

The only thing I'm able to do, with a phone restart when plugged in, is to connect to the craft, check the first menu with all the infos and then the app close itself without any messages (yeah it's mean I'm able to do nothing if I plan to fly with saddly) ... By the way I can't see the view of the camera behind during this.

Do I need to change my phone or maybe I can wait for an update?

Because, to be honnest, and to tell you the whole story, I was first happy to receive my mavic, until I saw that, my phone (Archos Platinum 4G) had is charging port on is right side, just 1 cm too far to match the controller cable wich is too short to connect...

After this first disappointment, I came to a shop to get a "micro to USB OTG" cable and a "USB to micro" to connect to my controller. Wich work but was annoying to use with my hands on them so I bought a better phone for 200€ wich is the J5.

And then came the app story...

WHY DJI? WHY?!

For almost 1500€ I had expected better from you...

Forgive my english please, and I know the J5 is not a high end phone but it cost me 120€ more than my Archos wich work perfect with the Mavic if I forgot the wrong side charging port.

Hope I will get an anwser!
2017-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

6-3cko Posted at 2017-5-13 18:40
Hello here,

I also have a Samsung J5 (2016) and the app won't work at all...

I am sorry, below are the recommended device list. Are you able to swipe down from the top and change the USB connected for charging to any of the other options.
Also, do you have developer options and USB debugging enabled?

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, MI 3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20, Sony Xperia Z3, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2017-5-15
Use props
fans4bc67b15
New

Canada

Having the same issues with my Android devices.  This was the first time I brought my drone out this year to fly and what a PITA this is.  Yes, I can get the app to connect by changing the USB function from charge to  one of the other options, but this is clearly a DJI Go app issue that we have to do this now (didn't have to do this last year).  Also, I've found that while flying my tablet changed back to USB charge mode, lost video connection and all stability the app brings to flying the drone.  Seeing that this was my first flight this year, it was a bit worrisome having to fly the drone fully manual.  FIX THE APP, the fact that we have put our phones into developer mode in order to change the USB status for YOUR APP THAT IS CLEARLY broken is not the answer for most people.
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans4bc67b15 Posted at 2017-5-23 05:23
Having the same issues with my Android devices.  This was the first time I brought my drone out this year to fly and what a PITA this is.  Yes, I can get the app to connect by changing the USB function from charge to  one of the other options, but this is clearly a DJI Go app issue that we have to do this now (didn't have to do this last year).  Also, I've found that while flying my tablet changed back to USB charge mode, lost video connection and all stability the app brings to flying the drone.  Seeing that this was my first flight this year, it was a bit worrisome having to fly the drone fully manual.  FIX THE APP, the fact that we have put our phones into developer mode in order to change the USB status for YOUR APP THAT IS CLEARLY broken is not the answer for most people.

Is the device you are using on the DJI recommended device list?
2017-5-23
Use props
fans7ab6b04e
New
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-23 07:43
Is the device you are using on the DJI recommended device list?

Hi Ken, I have been following this thread and wanted to give a quick bit of advice that has been working for me Using a Mavic Pro connecting to a New Samsung S3 9.7" Tablet running Android 7.0.
After many frustrating hours trying to get it to connect via USB cable and trying all the different USB configurations with no luck, I UNPLUGGED the small Micro HDMI cable from the side of the remote that is intended to plug a phone into and my tablet instantly connected. The small hdmi cable was not plugged into anything on the "phone" end but by having it connected to the remote apparently the remote control was not sending the signal to the USB port on the bottom of the controller. It still showed that the usb was connected for MTP or whatever setting I tried but it would not connect to the remote until the small cable was unplugged from the side of the RC. No idea why that might be but maybe it will help some of these other Android users. ( I also fly with a galaxy s7 running Android 7.0)
Thanks for your continued work on all these issues.
2017-5-26
Use props
Smartvf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190607 ft
Italy

Hi I have a big problem since I had to go for dji go 4 I can not fly anymore I'm always afraid to lose it is not good.

Problems encountered:

it does not connect
The app closes on its own
Locks the fpv vision with loss of orientation and collision risk
It blocks the tablet (nexus 7)
Loss of flight logs.

Sorry but why do not you reset the ability to use the old app ....?

First everything ok now a disaster

If you do not solve the phantom it is to be thrown .... and who will waste the money ...?

Since I have a drone that can not fly ??

I'm really bitter and I have to figure out whether to claim compensation for the purchase of an overwhelmed ...

I use a nexus 7 wifi (always running crushly) and a phantom 4 .....

Tell me what to do since the last solution does not work.
2017-5-28
Use props
fansf93d975d
New

Thailand

I have to restart the controller and drone so many times, by the time it connects my battery is low. I was hired to do a shoot and it just won't connect. I followed everyone's suggestion, new usb cable and still i have to cycle the connection multiple times.  
2017-6-14
Use props
Avaver
New
Flight distance : 4544 ft
Ukraine

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-12 11:11
You may have to swipe down when connected and RC powered on and change from USB for Charging to one of the other options.
I do not have an Android anymore but when I had a S6 I would have to swipe down from the top and make the change.

Hello Ken,

I have problems connecting to my remote controller as well.
I own a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, controller is GL300A
My last flight was in June 2016, a year ago and I haven't any issues with it and didn't touch my Phantom since then.
When I tried to start it again today, it didn't connect to either of my iOS devices. I am mainly using iPad mini 4 for flying and it has iOS 10.3.2 installed.
I think I have tried all the solutions from this thread:
- i have factory reset my iPad
- set it up as a new device
- installed DJI Go so it was the only app on iPad

still no luck

I have also successfully updated Phantom to the latest firmware available on DJI site not sure if it had anything to do with it.

When I go to iPad Settings -> General -> About I don't have C1 there.

Do you have any suggestions? I would really appreciate your help.
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansf93d975d Posted at 2017-6-14 23:41
I have to restart the controller and drone so many times, by the time it connects my battery is low. I was hired to do a shoot and it just won't connect. I followed everyone's suggestion, new usb cable and still i have to cycle the connection multiple times.

This is a long thread, so I'm sorry if I'm being redundant. Could you verify what your set up is and what firmware and app versions you're running?
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Avaver Posted at 2017-6-15 12:25
Hello Ken,

I have problems connecting to my remote controller as well.

Were you having the connection issue prior to updating the firmware or was it right afterwards, could you verify what firmware and Go app version you're running?
2017-6-16
Use props
Avaver
New
Ukraine

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-16 09:58
Were you having the connection issue prior to updating the firmware or was it right afterwards, could you verify what firmware and Go app version you're running?

Hi Jamie, Thank you for your reply!
I was having issues before updating aircraft firmware. Firmware update was just a try to fix the issue. I am also using the latest version of DJI GO app, since I have auto-update enabled. Version number is 3.1.11

I don't remember if iPad should display "charging battery" icon when connected to the RC, but right now it doesn't show it.
2017-6-16
Use props
Avaver
New
Ukraine

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-16 09:58

Regarding firmware versions - as I mentioned earlier, I have successfully updated aircraft with the latest firmware from the DJI website v1.10.90. I don't know the firmware version of my RC though, since I cannot connect the app.
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Avaver Posted at 2017-6-16 12:53
Regarding firmware versions - as I mentioned earlier, I have successfully updated aircraft with the latest firmware from the DJI website v1.10.90. I don't know the firmware version of my RC though, since I cannot connect the app.

If you leave the aircraft off and the RC on, you should be able to connect to the Go app and see the app version via the 'about' page. The tablets generally do not show the charging icon, but it can sometimes depend on the data cable you're using to connect to the RC. Just to clarify, though, do you recall if the firmware that was on the RC was greater than 1.3.2?
2017-6-16
Use props
djiuser_vqQ7AQt
New
United Kingdom

Hiya
I have just bought a Mavic Pro, carried out firmware updated to both the drone and the remote control.  No problems in Wi-fi mode but unable to connect phone in RC mode. I checked that the Samsung S6 is on the list but mine is an edge does this make a difference?

Cheers for any help

Btw, done all the usual things suggested such as debugging mode and checked cables and tried another S6 edge too.
2017-10-14
Use props
DJISpecial
New
Australia

HI, Can someone help me.

I am trying to install DJI GO on my phone Huawei Mate 8, Android 7 and having problems. When I go on google play store and click install, it always fails to install. It seems that it is incompatible.

Is there a way around installing it. Can someone help me?
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules