DJI X5R + Osmo grinding sound
2341 17 2016-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
premierevisuals
lvl.1

Just got my X5 adapter for my Osmo. There is like grinding sound like the cooling fan is rubbing against something when the camera is mounted on the osmo at certain angles. When the camera is in its normal orientation it doesn't make the sound. Is this normal?

2016-5-12
Use props
wslam
lvl.2
Hong Kong

not normal!
2016-5-12
Use props
premierevisuals
lvl.1

Cool theres my $4000 camera working at its best {:4_154:}
2016-5-12
Use props
premierevisuals
lvl.1

bump!......
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Sorry for the trouble.
Have you upgraded the Osmo Raw firmware v1.1.0.10?
Can the X5R camera work normally on the Inspire Pro?

Wait for your reply.
2016-5-16
Use props
premierevisuals
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-16 01:14
Hello!
Sorry for the trouble.
Have you upgraded the Osmo Raw firmware v1.1.0.10?

Yes latest firmware available.

Camera works fine on Inspire when the camera is not inverted like on the OSMO
2016-5-16
Use props
marc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2458570 ft
Germany

I experience the very same grinding noise from the fans when I hold the Osmo RAW straight vertical. Fan or cable may break eventually.
It seems the only way to avoid this unhealthy behavior is holding it at about 45 degrees.

I am running the latest firmware.
The X5R works fine on Inspire Raw.
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi all,
Please make sure all the connections are in good conditions.
About the noise, it has been reported to our engineers and we'll try to improve in the future.
Thanks for your understanding.
2016-5-16
Use props
premierevisuals
lvl.1
Canada

What connections?

I feel like because the fan is spinning in the direction to force air downwards on the inspire 1 now that it is inverted it is causing the fan to make contact with the housing due to the air force pushing the fan blade down.

So is DJI going to fix and replace my X5R?
2016-5-17
Use props
marc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2458570 ft
Germany

I sent my X5R back to my dealer after showing them your video clip.
They double checked with DJI Europe confirming as expected that this is not normal behavior.
Then  they agreed to take it back and to send me a replacement which should hopefully arrive by end of this week.
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

premierevisuals Posted at 2016-5-18 03:28
What connections?

I feel like because the fan is spinning in the direction to force air downwards o ...

Hello.
Please contact your dealer for a possible solution.

Thanks.
2016-5-19
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Bringing the thread back up as I feel this is a bigger issue then realized... Started another thread with my concerns:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-55258-1-1.html
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi all,
If you encounter this similar "fan noise" issue with your X5R and the Osmo, please send it in for repair. Our engineers will take care of your units and help to fix it.

Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-6-12
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-13 05:00
Hi all,
If you encounter this similar "fan noise" issue with your X5R and the Osmo, please send it i ...

I had the same noise from the fans so I sent the X5R back to UK dealer as faulty product and got refunded. Fans would grind and then fail so I couldn't rely on the product.
Could DJI confirm if this problem has been fixed on the latest production if ordered now, or are you still selling faulty versions of X5R?
2016-6-20
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-13 05:00
Hi all,
If you encounter this similar "fan noise" issue with your X5R and the Osmo, please send it i ...

If you buy a faulty product it should be replaced or refunded, not repaired, according to Europe consumer law. I know in china 'the customer is always wrong' but luckily in Europe we have laws that protect the consumer from faulty products being sold.
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-6-20 17:06
I had the same noise from the fans so I sent the X5R back to UK dealer as faulty product and got r ...

Hello Rj74,
We are never intended to sell faulty X5R in the market. If it happens any issue, we'll always help our clients solve the issue to the most.
For the reported issue, our engineers have taken measures to improve it. For more sales information, please contact the sales representatives.

If you have any problem, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Thanks.
2016-6-20
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-20 11:20
Hello Rj74,
We are never intended to sell faulty X5R in the market. If it happens any issue, we'll ...

My only response from DJI was that I should send this brand new product to china to be repaired. I don't think that is correct customer service, if you sell a faulty product it should be immediately replaced.
Luckily I purchased from a reputable UK retailer who complies to UK consumer law and offered refund or replacement, unlike DJI who told me I must send the product to china for repair at my own expense.
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-6-21 05:49
My only response from DJI was that I should send this brand new product to china to be repaired. I ...

Hello.
For any customers who purchase DJI products from any authorized retails, we would recommend contact the dealers firstly for any after-sales issue. If necessary, DJI may get involved to help solve your cases sometimes.

Our official after-sales policy are all based on some reasonable conditions, please review it at http://www.dji.com/service

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules