Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 just stops recording
4913 30 2015-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132723 ft
United States

i took my inspire out for a nice flight over the ocean and I know I hit the record button, I started to return and noticed it never recorded the video. I missed 14 min of nice ocean sunset footage and it just stoped recording without me knowing it. Has this happened to anyone?

2015-1-18
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

China

Which SDcard you use?
2015-1-18
Use props
Johnic
lvl.1
United States

I have the one that came with the Inspire.
2015-1-19
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.3

United States

I have reported that mine begins recording and then stops after a few seconds once I start moving the bird around. I suspect a connection issue.
2015-1-19
Use props
Jscgaston
Second Officer
Flight distance : 316772 ft
  • >>>
United States

happened to me every 30 seconds when i left the update file on the card. As soon as I removed it, it went back to normal
2015-1-19
Use props
Johnic
lvl.1
United States

I formatted the card and mine still does it.
2015-1-20
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

China

Johnic Posted at 2015-1-21 13:02
I formatted the card and mine still does it.

Did you format the card in FAT32 file system?
2015-1-20
Use props
fersy.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46158 ft
Germany

I have the same problem with my Inspire camera.  

The camera stops on every flight during recording.

The Pilot App freezes for 2-3 seconds and the video image disappears, then allowed to
  again all operate normally.

I also noticed that owns the video file after termination dated
12/01/2013 00.00.
  The error occurs with the original SD card and with a Sandisk, both
  formatted in the app.  

Apparently this error occurs only in flight, on the ground the cam runs
  without any problems.  

I use an Ipad Air 1 with the latest firmware, Inspire has the latest
  firmware .16, app version is 0.9.2
2015-1-21
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

What are the file sizes when the camera stops recording.  It is my understanding that FAT32 limits the maximum file size to 4gb.  You can try and format the card to EXFAT which is also supported and see if that helps.  It should give you back to back 4gb files that can be merged in post.  I have not produced a file in excess of 4gb.  
2015-1-21
Use props
fersy.email
lvl.4
Germany

@Ed

The file size was 775MB, stops recording at 1:45, flight time was 13:45..
2015-1-22
Use props
fersy.email
lvl.4
Germany

@DJI

I found a video on youtube what exactly is the problem with the camera.
Please look at 4:32 http://youtu.be/MKYmp87C1do
I hope it helps to solve the problem.

2015-1-24
Use props
jay_herron.emai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50656 ft
United States

I didn't have video picture loss, but i did encounter video stopped recording, or even just a frozen picture recorded when I used the record button on tablet only. since those issues, I have been using the record button only on transmitter itself, and haven't experienced a problem since....
2015-1-24
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

China

jay_herron.emai Posted at 2015-1-24 18:39
I didn't have video picture loss, but i did encounter video stopped recording, or even just a frozen ...

which tablet you use?
2015-1-25
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

I've have the same problem with it just stop recording and i contacted DJI weeks ago and contact the no support online chat.  they said they would call me back.  I found that this is only happening when i record in 4k .mp4.  when i record in 4k .mov it seems to not happen but 5 out 8 flights the video gets corrupted by just looking at it wrong.
2015-1-25
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can say this, With my Phantom 2 Vision's they will not record with a high speed write speed SD Card. I have not tried Citi with the Inspire yet. There have been other Posts on the Forum that address the contacts from the Camera to the Gimbal Mount. People have solved the problem by pulling the contacts up a bit. Also take a pencil with and eraser, good old # 2 wooden pencil and lightly go over the contacts on the Camera and Gimbal Mount to clean up any tarnish that may be on them. Tarnish will create the same problem, no contact on one or more of the pins.
2015-1-25
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Im amazed about all these problems suddenly with the sd cards, i brought a new SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro microSDXC UHS-I U3 Card which i formatted in the app.

i recorded about 12 mins of footage which is clearly showing on the app in the flight record but nothing was on the card apart from 7 recordings after the first couple which have just disappeared. Fuming this afternoon i was.

why.... i don't know, everything was fine with the lexarr 16gb

so earlier i plugged it in the macbook pro got what footage was on there, ejected it and slid it back in the inspire cam, fired up only to read empty sd card. but clearly its not
2015-1-25
Use props
paulkent
lvl.1

United States

i think i corrupted the last video segment on mine by removing the gimbal without powering down the bird.  oops.  gotta learn to do that. as well as press the stop-recording button.  my post landing checklist needs these added
2015-1-25
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

im thinking its my SD card its class 10 UHC-1 and it need to be UHC-3
2015-1-25
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

well i think i just worked it out, my 64gb card was in MS-DOS(FAT) when it should have been ex fat
2015-1-25
Use props
jay_herron.emai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50656 ft
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-1-25 17:24
which tablet you use?

samsung Galaxy tab 4
2015-1-26
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

China

Samgsung Galaxy Tab 4 is not on our recommend list.
since it works well with transmitter, could be a device problem.
We will work on it.
2015-1-26
Use props
btdross
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228392 ft
United States

mark@joytel.net Posted at 2015-1-25 14:17
I've have the same problem with it just stop recording and i contacted DJI weeks ago and contact the ...

Mark, have you managed to resolve this? I am having what sounds like the same situation. Using Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb, recordings sometimes stop mid flight and hang on freeze frames, but live video never cuts out. So frustrating because I never seem to know when it will happen.

Thanks in advance for any tips!
2015-10-2
Use props
jayredone10
Second Officer
United States

btdross Posted at 2015-10-3 02:27
Mark, have you managed to resolve this? I am having what sounds like the same situation. Using Sand ...

I had this same problem with a Sandisk extreme plus 64gb card UHS-3.
The video would randomly stop recording and the app record button would grey out. Had to reboot the Inspire 1 to get the record function back.
I bought 2 Sandisk extreme pro 32gb cards and have had great results shooting in 4k.
2015-10-3
Use props
jayredone10
Second Officer
United States

jayredone10@yah Posted at 2015-10-3 15:51
I had this same problem with a Sandisk extreme plus 64gb card UHS-3.
The video would randomly sto ...

Formatted both cards through the camera.
The app recommended I format the cards, even though it had already been done through my computer.
2015-10-3
Use props
btdross
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228392 ft
United States

jayredone10@yah Posted at 2015-10-3 13:05
Formatted both cards through the camera.
The app recommended I format the cards, even though it h ...

Thanks Jayredone10.  Were you able to return the 64GB card?  I'd rather not have that thing go to waste...  I wonder if SanDisk would be willing to do something to remedy the situation?

Two 32GB is probably not a bad solution either.
2015-10-8
Use props
jayredone10
Second Officer
United States

btdross Posted at 2015-10-8 19:41
Thanks Jayredone10.  Were you able to return the 64GB card?  I'd rather not have that thing go to  ...

I Kept it and have been experimenting using it as a secondary flash drive for 4k video while editing with Sony Vegas Pro 13.
2015-10-8
Use props
dave.encoremult
lvl.1

United States

I have had the same problem shooting in .mov.  SanDisk cards.  See my comments to UAV Creations in another post.
2015-10-9
Use props
sugnesh joshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

also have same issue with 32GB Sand disk but also used default one that came with it.
Using a Samsung TAB S2 and have tried others such as galaxy S6 and Ipad air.

2017-5-19
Use props
sugnesh joshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=808943

take a alook at this post as i have even posted 2 video of the problem i get.
2017-5-19
Use props
sugnesh joshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

2017-5-19
Use props
sugnesh joshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The issue above happens when in mid flight and only way i can get it back is to restart the drone.
2017-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules