Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 Flight Data Logs
12Next >
29824 48 2015-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InRenderSpire
lvl.1

United States

All,

Any idea where the Inspire 1's flight data logs are stored?

I want to use DashWare and need the data logs.

Regards
2015-1-18
Use props
s.s.gibbs1.emai
lvl.3

United States

i thought on the c.f. card? but maybe that is if you manually save them to the card.  hopefully someone will chime in.
2015-1-18
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

They are stored on an internal memory card seprate from the camera memory card.
2015-1-18
Use props
InRenderSpire
lvl.1

United States

chrisgeigerphot Posted at 2015-1-19 13:06
They are stored on an internal memory card seprate from the camera memory card.

How do I get to this?
2015-1-19
Use props
InRenderSpire
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know the answer to this?
2015-1-20
Use props
Joola
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1696545 ft
United States

There is a USB port on the rear of Inspire under the tail light. You can connect this to your computer. I haven't tried to download logs myself but this is how it's done according to Tahoe Ed in a post on another forum. I'm not certain if it requires special software to access them.
2015-1-20
Use props
InRenderSpire
lvl.1

United States

Joola Posted at 2015-1-21 08:12
There is a USB port on the rear of Inspire under the tail light. You can connect this to your comput ...

Okay,

I've connected the micro USB to the PC... It makes the I'm connecting sound... Can't see it anywhere.

I looked for software on the DJI site... Nothing there.

What am I missing?

Render
2015-1-25
Use props
InRenderSpire
lvl.1

United States

Joola Posted at 2015-1-21 08:12
There is a USB port on the rear of Inspire under the tail light. You can connect this to your comput ...

Okay,

I've connected the micro USB to the PC... It makes the I'm connecting sound... Can't see it anywhere.

I looked for software on the DJI site... Nothing there.

What am I missing?

Render
2015-1-25
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need a tool to throw the Mc into mass storage mode. This tool is not publicly available yet.
2015-1-25
Use props
dundee
Captain
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

There is also a hidden folder with content on the SD card. ;)
2015-2-1
Use props
david.spencer.b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am currently sending mine to dji autumn but struggling to open the .dat file. There was an alternitive method given to me using some software but i cant get the inspire to connect to that on my windows 8 computer, out of options
2015-2-1
Use props
mrburns
lvl.1

United Kingdom

according to the manualy it is automatically recorded to the SD Card.
2015-2-1
Use props
Skywolf007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

I experienced flight log loss too.. I came home after flight, and I did 2 x 6-8 m flights. I have both videos, but in the flight history only one of them is recorded. I did not delete SD card, I did not do any clear history etc.

Came home, installed camera, attached ipad, only 1 log is shown. I will check the logs from today, if any of them are missing.
2015-2-1
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-26 00:27
You need a tool to throw the Mc into mass storage mode. This tool is not publicly available yet.

Blade,

I can successfully unhide the IDX and ..THM files stored in the SD card. These are both binary files. I have 23 .THM files corresponding to the number of times I've engaged the camera. I presume the .IDX files contain the actual flight logs.  Can I get them loaded onto the User Centre? Or could DJI or you provide access to the log reading app?

I had a bug on my iOS Pilot App 0.9.2 running on an iPad Air2 whereby accessing 'User Centre' crashed the app. Not only did it do this but after the App is reopened, the Inspire's camera is not detected and a 'No Signal' error in red appears on the App window. Flight controls remain active.

I then hooked up my iP5S to the transmitter and was able to access the 'User Centre' but the Cloud Sync button was unable to load up the flight log. I then created a new recording which was successfully uploaded. I then reinstalled the Pilot App on the iPad and became able to access 'User Centre'.

Strikes me that there are a few bugs here that DJI programmers might want to take note of. I've archived the .IDX file that cannot be read/ uploaded to the User Centre. Could you / DJI help me?
2015-2-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-2-6 11:23
Blade,

I can successfully unhide the IDX and ..THM files stored in the SD card. These are both bi ...

Mike,
Use itunes to access your device. 01.jpg
Export the flight records (and send to autumn.a@dji.com).
02.jpg
Then delete them in itunes.

Or if you do not want to detele all of the records, pls find the one led to a crash, export then delete it (and sent it to me).

2015-2-6
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-2-6 18:22
Mike,
Use itunes to access your device.
Export the flight records (and send to ).

How do you do that with the android app?
2015-2-6
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

dundee Posted at 2015-2-1 18:33

This is not correct. If you know how, you can 'unhide' files. There is a 'MISC' folder that contains a file index in binary and another folder with thumbnails of your movies. That's all in the SD card.

I have also tried a direct USB link to the aircraft and cannot read anything (with a Mac).  See further down for more about what you can see from an iPad
2015-2-6
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

dundee Posted at 2015-2-1 18:33

This is not correct. If you know how, you can 'unhide' files. There is a 'MISC' folder that contains a file index in binary and another folder with thumbnails of your movies. That's all in the SD card.

I have also tried a direct USB link to the aircraft and cannot read anything (with a Mac).  See further down for more about what you can see from an iPad
2015-2-6
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

hvilorio Posted at 2015-2-7 04:46
How do you do that with the android app?

Connect to iTunes as instructed. In the DJI pilot app directory, one sees a list of .txt files as shown in the screen shot sent by Autumn. You can 'read' them in a text editor except they contain special characters which are not intelligible. DJI presumably has an application (not released) that can read this.

Thing about this system is that only the .txt  files successfully transferred to the User Centre can be retrieved.  

You will know this if, after a flight, when you go to user centre and the middle icon with a paper plane lights up with a green light in the top corner of that icon. When you see this, a data dump (? from where) takes place. Once the data is successfully transferred to the iPad, you'll see it on the list of flights you made in User Centre.

I made a long flight this morning and it did not transfer. During and immediately after the flight, I could see its track on the map view page while in 'Camera' mode. However, I knew something was amiss when the aforementioned green light did not appear above the flight log (paper plane) icon. When I went back into 'Camera' mode, the cache containing my track had been flushed.

I think DJI needs to work on this. When it does work, the flight logging tool is really cool but as of today, it's not ready for prime time. Perhaps DJI should consider seeding some tools to knowledgeable testers to help them develop better UI's.
2015-2-6
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.3

Canada

It's been a frustrating day dealing with DJI. My Inspire 1 crashed after it's second flight even after it was updated to the latest firmware, calibrated the compass and the IMU. Luckily I was indoors in a Gymnasium and didn't have the  camera attached. I couldn't raise the gear and when it got to about 10 feet simply drifted away. I sent a message to support and received a message back wanting more details, including a video of me flying it. I wonder, does DJI shoot a video when they quality control the unit??? Anyway they sent me instructions. Basically saying I have to install the DJI WIN Driver Installer from the Phantom 2 Vision + download page and extract Flightlog for Windows.zip which they included in the email. They also provided me with a Inspire_SDCard_Installer_mac.dmg for mac.

Neither of these worked and could not retrieve the flight data. I spent over an hour on online chat who kept telling me to try another computer. I have 4, 2 pc's and 2 macs and nothing worked. When they suggested I borrow a friends computer, this is where I lost it.

I waited until US support opened up and called in. I spoke to a guy named Marc. Helpful, but he said DJI is having problems with getting the app working to get the flight data. He also gave me an RMA to return the unit. He sent me some information and as I am reading it, I don't see a waybill, barcode or anything. I emailed him back and he said if I was in the US, they would pay for it to be returned. Any other company that you spend $3800 Canadian for a piece of equipment would pay to have it returned.  A bit unfair. So now I have to eat another $300.00 to ship it and to boot, no data log to fall back on. How do I know they simply won't say it is my fault.

What do I do in this case? Would you ship it knowing you couldn't get the flight data out of the unit?

[Sidebar, A couple of years ago, I bought a small $500 sony travel camera for my kids while we were in South Africa. Something happened to it and it was out of warranty. Even after 3 years, Sony took it back, paid for shipping and returned it working 100%.]
2015-2-6
Use props
cpslutz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2722556 ft
United States

I have made some progress on flight data logs:  Attached usb cable to rear of aircraft and ready to connect to PC (running Windows 7).  Within the pilot app, select the Mode Menu (MC), then at the bottom, Advanced Settings, then at the bottom again, Enter Flight Data Mode.  Box pops up saying to connect USB cable to aircraft and PC.  Box said entering Flight Data Mode and then Success.  First time I did this, it found and installed a driver.  When connected you see a DJI FLY LOG drive attached and within are files in the format of FLY000.DAT, FLY001.DAT, FLY002.DAT....etc.  I only saw four DAT files though I have flown over 30 times, so no idea on the rules for storing logs.  I could not find correct program to open the files, tried Notepad, Wordpad and a couple of others, still working on this.  When in Flight Data Mode, the Camera rotates and beeps and the option disappears from the menu.  To exit, you have to turn off the aircraft.              
2015-2-20
Use props
arunmehta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

cpslutz Posted at 2015-2-21 11:59
I have made some progress on flight data logs:  Attached usb cable to rear of aircraft and ready to  ...

I got the flight data files how do you open them to see data tried text editors no dice
2015-2-22
Use props
mindcontrols
lvl.1

United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-2-22 22:09
I got the flight data files how do you open them to see data tried text editors no dice

The log data itself is encrypted. It would be nice to review the flight records yourself (for technical sh*ts and giggles), but DJI probably did this so that people don't (potentially) commit some sort of repair fraud by changing data in the flight record before sending it to DJI.
2015-2-24
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

InRenderSpire Posted at 2015-1-25 23:46
Okay,

I've connected the micro USB to the PC... It makes the I'm connecting sound... Can't see it ...

You need to go into the pilot app while you are connected to the aircraft.  There is a place you can tell the system to go to get the flight data then you access it in a folder...takes forever to download but it's there.
2015-3-7
Use props
dundee
Captain

Thailand

I don't think Dashware can read the Inspire1 logs (yet)  (my2cents)
Inspire me please on this one. Thanks
2015-3-8
Use props
InRenderSpire
lvl.1

United States

mark@kvwireless Posted at 2015-3-8 04:55
You need to go into the pilot app while you are connected to the aircraft.  There is a place you c ...

Thanks!

I will Try THIS!
2015-3-9
Use props
mike.ostrom
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-2-6 18:22
Mike,
Use itunes to access your device.
Export the flight records (and send to ).

Is there any way for me to export the GPS waypoints or log so that I can use it in other software? I have 2 Phantom 2 Vision + and 2 Inspire 1s and need access to the GPS log information for my flights to help process the video and stills for photogrammetry and engineering.

Thanks!
2015-3-9
Use props
skyvideoct
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

When opening the flight log in the Pilot App, there is a cloud icon that I tapped to start the sync process. The question is, where does it go and can I view on my online profile?
2015-3-12
Use props
MapsMadeEasy
Second Officer
United States

Maps Made Easy Log File Viewer

Maps Made Easy Log File Viewer

Maps Made Easy Log File Viewer for Inspire 1

Check out our Inspire 1 log file viewer.  We had to make it for testing our app so we figure we might as well share it.

Full post here.
2015-5-25
Use props
aknauer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 793041 ft
New Zealand

How to use the logs in Dashware:
The flight logs are also recorded by the pilot app. On Android they live in the pilot.app directory under FlightRecord in encrypted txt format.
I use The Cutter http://thecutter.net/djiconverter utility to convert into *.csv. No need to log in, just use the upload facilty at the bottom.
The longer of the generated *.csv files is then imported into Dashware.
Since Dashware has no profile for the Inspire, I started creating one. This is only a beginning but may help you on your way.
If you copy these two folders: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4b1zot8oamzd1y0/AAAH92SDeuzHqJL1ZVgAv1Rwa?dl=0 into your Dashware folders you should have two types of LAT/LONG and an Altitude tape on your screen.
There is still a lot more to be done to synchronize etc. but this is a start.
The data in the sample video are not at all synced. It's just an output sample.
2015-6-30
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

aknauer@xtra.co Posted at 2015-6-30 20:09
How to use the logs in Dashware:
The flight logs are also recorded by the pilot app. On Android they ...

Thanks, I tried it out and this information is nice to see!

Do you have the converter available to download? That would be nice to have on my computer rather than logging onto the internet

Rich
2015-6-30
Use props
aknauer
lvl.1
New Zealand

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-7-1 12:18
Thanks, I tried it out and this information is nice to see!

Do you have the converter available  ...

Hi Rich,

The converter is not mine. I can only point to it. Offline on own pc would be nice.
2015-7-1
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

aknauer@xtra.co Posted at 2015-7-2 11:59
Hi Rich,

The converter is not mine. I can only point to it. Offline on own pc would be nice.

Okay, it worked nicely for me... to bad this is not a stand alone program.....

Thanks
Rich
2015-7-1
Use props
aknauer
lvl.1
New Zealand

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-7-2 12:45
Okay, it worked nicely for me... to bad this is not a stand alone program.....

Thanks

I found most of the useful data under the OSD Headers.
2015-7-2
Use props
dundee
Captain

Thailand

Some general info on Flight Log Converters. See 501-506 in General Feedbacks

feedback.gif
2015-7-2
Use props
lkedziora
lvl.3
Flight distance : 808491 ft
Poland

Here You are:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2421753
2015-7-3
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-7-3 13:38
Some general info on Flight Log Converters. See 501-506 in General Feedbacks

Nice collection Dundee

I would be nice to have a stand alone tool for reading logs.
Rich
2015-7-3
Use props
dundee
Captain

Thailand

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-7-3 23:52
Nice collection Dundee

I would be nice to have a stand alone tool for reading logs.

Hi Rich, explain me a bit more on how you think this "tool" should work.
Maybe i can create some program   
2015-7-3
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-7-4 05:34
Hi Rich, explain me a bit more on how you think this "tool" should work.
Maybe i can create some p ...

Hey Dundee,

I was thinking it would be nice to have the program to convert your the .csv files and then save these on your computer for back up records. The other thing that could be nice is downloading the Inspire 1 flight log files and convert these to show the flight information and flight path. You could periodically save the log files into your records. I believe the Inspire will only keep the latest log files in memory and wipe out the older ones due to the size of onboard memory space.

Maybe keeping these records is not necessary, but it was just a thought that could have future benefits.

Thanks for considering this idea.
Rich
2015-7-4
Use props
holbest
lvl.1

United States

Rich.... I think Dundee was being sarcastic with you.

It's not that easy to decode a these files or any unknown formatted file, we don't know if the file is compiled, compressed, or a simple text file in certain format. We have to make assumptions & then apply it to the rest of the file & see what converts it to. This is a long & boring process. So asking for this "tool" to be polished with a nice GUI interface so all you have to do is hunt 'n' peck a few times may insult a few that have been working very hard at decoding these files & sharing their findings with us freely.

Be patient & you'll  have something more user friendly as soon as possible.

Wormwood
2015-7-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules