Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Really bad quality video after 1.8.1.00 update
3103 30 2016-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
freemovesmedia
lvl.1

Poland

I have really annoying problem. After updating my inspire pro with X5 camera to 1.8.1.00 I have also ruined quality of video.
Right now it looks like footage from X3 camera. Image looks over sharp and less detail.
I've tried many different settings with sharpness and color profiles but it still looks terrible.
I've purchased drone for professional purposes and now it's can't be used. I have downgrade my aircraft but it doesn't fix my problem.
Any of You have the same problem?

Your new version of DJI Go aplication have tone of issues, there are few of them:
- Overexposure warning doesn't work while custom contrast is set below 0
  (in d-log mode it doesn't work at all)
- Sometimes histogram disappear during flights
- I can't set photo interval to less than 10sec
- 60p mode looks really over sharp and less detail

I'm really disappointed, because of this issues I've ruined my commercial shots and my drone is totally useless right now.
Aplication is terrible, transmition of image still lost signal and there are many other bugs.
I hope to get new firmware without that much issues.

There is example cropped to 100% (the same settings, sharpness set to 0, picture profile d-log)
right now any of color profiles has the same result:
http://i.imgur.com/sT1a1M3.jpg

link for oryginal footage from camera recorded on the same settings:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5wAcd773Fa3bFlCX2dtMUc0UDQ

DJI_0019 was before update and it looks fine
DJI_0003 was after update and it's over sharp and less detail like x3 camera.

2016-5-16
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

If you downgraded to 1.7 and the problem is still there, I think I would double check the settings on the X5, also perhaps re- install the Go app and see if it helps.  Sounds like a setting has changed and it is eluding you.
Also in the picture the you provide , the picture looks better to me after the update.  I am not an expert though.  

Good Luck - donnie

I am sorry you are having trouble

2016-5-16
Use props
dobmatt
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

It's really hard to judge the quality of pictures taken in different conditions and having access to heavily compressed uploads only ...

Polecam ponowną kalibrację obiektywu i eksperymenty porównawcze fotografiki w wersji RAW, bez upiększających ustawień w opcjach.

Powodzenia.
2016-5-16
Use props
Rasku
lvl.1

Poland

It's not fault of settings because I reset all of them. Reinstalling app or even installing older version of DJI Go not solved my problem also.
Left image looks good, I mean it's soft but details are okay exactly like it should be, right one is much worse because of hard digital correction in camera.

Conditions of test shots is almost the same, exposition is set correctly too. Files are original, share directly from camera.
Comparasion raw photos doesn't have any sense, because this is RAW so it's not compressed. Problem is processing of image in camera and it's mostly affecting video files.
It's really weird that anyone can't see the difference between both images, right one looks terrible.
2016-5-17
Use props
GiacApp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 559301 ft
Italy

Rasku Posted at 2016-5-17 17:23
It's not fault of settings because I reset all of them. Reinstalling app or even installing older ve ...

I agree, the right one looks terrible. I have the same issue in my videos.
2016-5-18
Use props
Rasku
lvl.1

Poland

There's another comparasion, on top image with 1.4 firmware, below 1.8. Both shot on f/5.6 with -3 -3 -3 settings.
Right now my x5 camera is totally useless for professional use. I've send 3 emails to support, and contacted with online expert but all they're saying is that I have to wait...
2016-5-21
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Rasku Posted at 2016-5-21 07:04
There's another comparasion, on top image with 1.4 firmware, below 1.8. Both shot on f/5.6 with -3 - ...

Rasku.... Sorry , I had 3 people in my office look at both pictures and ask them which one they like the best, they had no idea about firmware upgrades , compression or anything.  They all said the one on the right is better.

You are kind of like my wife, If I give an honest opinion of the dress she is wearing , I get in trouble.  If you would like I could just agree with you and that really would be much easier.  I am just telling you what me eye sees.

So, if you Prefer, "Yes you are right !!   the picture on the Left is WAY better !!!" ,  and to my wife, " You look great in that Lime Green and Polka dot sweater. "  

good luck- donnie

****This is in good fun, I mean no dis-respect to you or my wife's taste.  
2016-5-21
Use props
Rasku
lvl.1

Poland

I don't know if you're some kind of troll or something. Zoom image, look at trees or tails on the roof and check details. There is clearly difference.
I bought x5 camera so I can't be satified with image looking like x3 camera... Wake up guys, I write about this to take some attention of DJI experts!

btw. DJI online support also see the difference.
2016-5-21
Use props
lukniem1988
lvl.1
Poland

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-21 14:57
Rasku.... Sorry , I had 3 people in my office look at both pictures and ask them which one the ...

I think that You Donnie and Your people, You are blind or something... It's obvious that botton picture is worst. Picture on bottom doesnt have any details. It's related with 1.8 update. I totally agree with You Rasku, Inspire with that firmware is usless for that moment, and i hope that DJI will do something with these issues. Quality of image isnt the only issue of new update. 1.8 firmware doesnt have zebra if contrast is set below 0 and much much more issues. I cant wait for new update. DJI do something quick please.
And You Donnie, You should buy new glasses.

Good luck - lukniem
2016-5-21
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Rasku Posted at 2016-5-21 08:07
I don't know if you're some kind of troll or something. Zoom image, look at trees or tails on the ro ...

Troll, give me a break, I  have helped dozens of pilots  fix their machines, I offer me e- mail and  my phone number to those in need,  I see by your "Newbie" status that you have not been around here long and will make allowances for both your  youth  AND in-expeience.  I am a Second Officer  around here, so mind you manners    (This is Humor Rasku, Lighten up )  

Did you miss the part in my post where  I said "This is in good Fun"  Donnie
2nd Offficer  

2nd Officer Badge, Only given to Elite Special Forces Unit for DJI

2nd Officer Badge, Only given to Elite Special Forces Unit for DJI
2016-5-21
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

lukniem1988@gma Posted at 2016-5-21 08:25
I think that You Donnie and Your people, You are blind or something... It's obvious that botton pic ...

lukniem 1988 , what is this the Polish Mafia  I am dealing with here ?  Why dont you come to the United States and I will show you how we do things Downtown !!  and what is wrong with my glasses, my last set looked just like this.

This is humor , just lighten up , just my opinion, dont get your Babushka in a knot.  

donnie

mr mcgoo.PNG
2016-5-21
Use props
str1776
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-21 07:15
lukniem 1988 , what is this the Polish Mob I am dealing with here ?  Why dont you come to the Unite ...

Donnie great glasses it makes your point
lol
Dammit my avatar  will not update i did the ctrl F5  still blank
2016-5-21
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

str1776 Posted at 2016-5-21 11:00

I notice it takes like a week to fully install the Avatar, no idea why either ???

donnie
2016-5-21
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

str1776 Posted at 2016-5-22 00:00

To confirm, your avatar IS blank. You need to check the graphic size and format and try uploading again.
2016-5-21
Use props
str1776
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-5-21 09:43
To confirm, your avatar IS blank. You need to check the graphic size and format and try uploading  ...

Terry thank you very much
happy flights
2016-5-21
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

str1776 Posted at 2016-5-22 03:42
Terry thank you very much
happy flights

Strange indeed.... Your avatar DOES show correctly on your profile page!!!!!
2016-5-21
Use props
str1776
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-5-21 13:07
Strange indeed.... Your avatar DOES show correctly on your profile page!!!!!

Donnie mentioned it could take up to a week !
I'll give it some time
2016-5-21
Use props
dobmatt
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-21 22:15
lukniem 1988 , what is this the Polish Mafia  I am dealing with here ?  Why dont you come to the Un ...

Donnie, Poles are known for bad temper and bad manners when one is trying to argue or disagree. They're shooting first and asking who's there later. Add a language barrier and you have perfect conditions for misunderstandings and increasingly sour dialogue. Once you gain our trust, however, we'll share last slice of bread with you. FYI, the word "babushka" is taken from Russian culture and vocabulary, considered as a huge insult when applied to anything Polish ...
2016-6-8
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-6-9 02:11
Donnie, Poles are known for bad temper and bad manners when one is trying to argue or disagree. Th ...

Well I tell you what , I did  not know that about the "Babushka "  was Russian in origin, maybe that is why they have not spoken to me since.  

I will tell you I once dated this Polish girl, she was just a DOLL , So I have a Spot in my Heart for them Polish girls for sure .  

I dis-like when People in General ask for an opinion and then blow a Nut when you tell them .  So I tried to lighten the mood a little .

Next time I will say :   Pocaluj  mnie  w dupe      Of course I mean that with Love  ( Just Kidding )

Cheers dobmat  
2016-6-9
Use props
Rasku
lvl.1

Poland

You're perfect example what is bad manners. This topic touch really important features of X5 camera. Right now is 2 moths since I'm stock with this firmware and DJI support don't fix it at all.
Quality of video is terrible, it's unthinkable to treat customers like this. DJI app also have tones of issues, like not working zebra in d-log (overexposure warning) or disappearing  histogram. This features are super important for professional uses.
Please tell me DJI what's going on? I've send 4 emails, contact with online support 2 times, I even wrote in DJI support facebook and still nothing. I have right to be frustrated because I bought expensive aircraft with terrible issues that cause my drone unusable in commercial projects.

btw. I don't know what kind of users are You, but definitely you're not proffessional filmmakers if you're can't see the difference in image on my comparison photos...
I'ts not about nationality or something it's about being professional customer who expect good quality product! So if you're planning drag this trash off topic go on,
but I appeal to DJI support fix this firmware ASAP!
2016-6-11
Use props
Rasku
lvl.1

Poland

Okay today DJI released 1.9 firmware and nothing changed!
I've send 4 emails to support, contact 2 times with online support, send messages to facebook support and nothing...
Congratulations DJI!

I appeal to everyone, don't update your drone!
2016-6-13
Use props
SimonMW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 361263 ft

United Kingdom

Rasku Posted at 2016-6-13 16:00
Okay today DJI released 1.9 firmware and nothing changed!
I've send 4 emails to support, contact 2 t ...

Okay, I have looked at the last two examples you gave and you are correct, there is a huge difference in the picture quality. The 1.8 firmware looks similar to an issue I encountered with a Sony camera once. Luckily I had enough influence back then as a camera tester to get them to listen and look into the problem and create an update.

The problem I am seeing with the latest firmware looks very much to me like they have drastically increased the aggressiveness of the noise reduction to the point of affecting important detail, hence the reason why the detail looks a bit like an abstract painting. I agree with you, Rasku, this does need investigating and rectifying since I do not know of any settings within the Go App that allow those functions to be adjusted.
2016-6-13
Use props
SimonMW
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Okay, I have looked at the last two examples you gave and you are correct, there is a huge difference in the picture quality. The 1.8 firmware looks similar to an issue I encountered with a Sony camera once. Luckily I had enough influence back then as a camera tester to get them to listen and look into the problem and create an update.

The problem I am seeing with the latest firmware looks very much to me like they have drastically increased the aggressiveness of the noise reduction to the point of affecting important detail, hence the reason why the detail looks a bit like an abstract painting. I agree with you, Rasku, this does need investigating and rectifying since I do not know of any settings within the Go App that allow those functions to be adjusted.
2016-6-13
Use props
SimonMW
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-21 13:57
Rasku.... Sorry , I had 3 people in my office look at both pictures and ask them which one the ...

Donnie, the issue is very clear. Look at the detail on the roofs of the houses closed to the camera for example. The top picture shows all the roof tile detail, while the 1.8 firmware has no tile detail at all and just shows a smooth roof.

There is most certainly something awry with the latest firmware. Most likely the application of over aggressive noise reduction.
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Rasku Posted at 2016-6-11 19:13
You're perfect example what is bad manners. This topic touch really important features of X5 camera. ...

Please be advised that profanity would not be accepted, per the DJI Forum Regulations:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-96-1-1.html

Your post was edited in order to comply with this forum's rules.

Since you have updated your unit to the latest firmware, a sample picture would be needed in order to better evaluate the issue. Preferably, the image would mirror your pre 1.8 file in lighting and subject. For clarification, what were your camera settings for both images? Do you have a ticket number when you had contacted our Europe Support team?
2016-6-13
Use props
bob_budowniczy
lvl.1
Poland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-13 20:29
Please be advised that profanity would not be accepted, per the DJI Forum Regulations:

http://for ...

Jamie You should take a look on this problem, because i have the same on my drone. My aircraft is usless since two months. DJI support in Europe not responding and i really dont know what to do... 1.9 update doesnt solve the problem of bad quality in log with sharpness below 0. Overexposure doesnt work with contrast below 0.
2016-6-14
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

SimonMW Posted at 2016-6-13 10:48
Donnie, the issue is very clear. Look at the detail on the roofs of the houses closed to the camer ...

Simon,  It is just my opinion ,maybe the resolution looks different on my screen .( I gave an honest answer, asked others which one they thought looked best, offered suggestions on a possible fix or workaround and then stated I am not a Pro at this  aspect of it .)  Post number  #2 .

Then I offered some levity , to lighten the mood regarding,  " Do I look fat in this Dress "  analogy .  It was just my opinion , If he did not want others views then dont even post the Other One  for comaprison .  

Now the OP wants everone not to Update because of this ( HIS ) problem is ridiculous .

The challenge is simple to resolve , rollback the camera to a previous version of his choosing   and or rollback the Aircraft to 1.7. AND RC   Then if this is indeed a real problem and NOT USER  ERROR   Then I am sure future updates will address this .  If the pictures were fine in previous versions then why then when he rolled back there not ? I tell you there is a setting that he overlooked and did not carry over to the new FW version.   

donnie

donnie

2016-6-14
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Rasku Posted at 2016-6-11 06:13
You're perfect example what is bad manners. This topic touch really important features of X5 camera. ...

Thank you , did not realize I was dealing with Roman Polanski Here.

2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

bob_budowniczy Posted at 2016-6-14 16:18
Jamie You should take a look on this problem, because i have the same on my drone. My aircraft is  ...

As I had asked of Rasku, I would need a sample picture that was taken prior to 1.8 and a recent still under your most current firmware in order to compare the quality. I would also need to know your camera settings when taking said stills as well. In addition, do you have a ticket number that would have been generated when you contacted the Europe support team?
2016-6-14
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-21 06:55
Troll, give me a break, I  have helped dozens of pilots  fix their machines, I offer me e- ma ...

Nice badge Donnie.....  

Rich
2016-6-14
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-6-14 12:50
Nice badge Donnie.....  

Thank you , that is for DJI special forces only , clearly these lads dont know who they are dealing with here .

donnie
aka: the"Hemingway " of B.S.

2016-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules