E1200 - ESC Assistant - Quick Release or Foldable Propellers?
3277 9 2016-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timonroecg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156401 ft
United States

Installing the E1200 props on an S900.  I run the latest version of the ESC Assistant, v1.4, and get the following:

ESC Assistant 1.4.png

The props are set to 'Quick-release Propeller' instead of 'Foldable Propeller'.  Should they be set to 'Foldable Propeller'?

Note I have the latest version of the firmware, v1.5, installed on the props.
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Yes, it should be "Foldable Propeller".

Thanks.
2016-5-18
Use props
timonroecg
lvl.3
United States

Thanks DJI-Adela!
2016-5-18
Use props
mark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know how to properly update these ESC's? My Assistant does not have any button or link to update firmware, 4 of my 6 arms are at 1.1 and the other two are at 1.5 firmware. Any thoughts?
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

mark@tgndistrib Posted at 2016-6-3 00:36
Does anyone know how to properly update these ESC's? My Assistant does not have any button or link t ...

Hello.
Please refer to P3-P4 of the E1200_Pro_User_Manual for the upgrade procedures:
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/e ... _Manual_v1.2_en.pdf
Or, you can refer to P4-P5 of E1200_Standard_User_Manual:
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/e ... _Manual_v1.2_en.pdf

Thanks.
2016-6-2
Use props
timonroecg
lvl.3
United States

Hmmm..  probably not good that you have different versions of the firmware either as v1.5 release notes ask that you change the gain values after updating.

I had a lot of problems with the ESC Assistant (PC version)...  was randomly crashing on me.  Do you have the latest version of the Assistant, v1.4?  You may also want to try the other version (PC -vs- Mac) of the Assistant if you have access to the hardware.

My props came with the latest version of the firmware so never saw the link to update the firmware.  Maybe try hovering the mouse over the image in the ESC section of the Assistant or clicking the image or stuff like that.  Other than that I have no idea.
2016-6-3
Use props
mark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for your reply. I feel stupid but at the same time the process that I figured out is pretty silly. I was trying to click on everything within the ESC assistant software but I guess the only place I did not click was the image of the motor. I guess I thought if there was an "ESC" update it would be on the upper half on or around the "ESC" images. Not hidden behind the motor image. Makes little sense but at least I am updated and ready to go.

Thank you again for provoking me to find the button. I think an update button or making the ESC image would be a better way to go to update the firmware.
2016-6-3
Use props
timonroecg
lvl.3
United States

I agree... not a very good UI design.   
2016-6-4
Use props
santorini95
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126896 ft
South Korea

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-18 18:43
Hello!
Yes, it should be "Foldable Propeller".

Hello DJI-Adela.
DJI have not foldable prop which can use  in E1200 ?
I think that E1200 hub balancing is little bad.
after maiden flight, Even if i done hub balancing in E1200 foldable prop, it is markly improved , not perfect.
so if i can buy not foldable 17 inch prop like E800, i want change E1200 default prop  
In my maiden flight(before hub balancing), if see as 4k, micro jello is seen.  

2016-7-6
Use props
Spike J
lvl.1

United Kingdom

santorini95 Posted at 2016-7-6 04:22
Hello DJI-Adela.
DJI have not foldable prop which can use  in E1200 ?
I think that E1200 hub balancing is little bad.

Hi, did you get any non foldable props ? If so, what did you get and did it work? I’m looking at Tarot 1655 props, should bolt straight on.
2019-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules