Remote Controller case broke by screws
2477 18 2016-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Apollo1
lvl.1

Canada

Has anyone heard tell of a remote controller coming apart where they are screwed together?

I just completed a flight and with the remote still fastened to my Dji harness, I was taking the iPad off of the remote when it suddenly came apart in two pieces.

The remote has never been dropped.  I took lots of pictures to show there are no marks on it.  It is stored in a Dji hard shell backpack.  Each of the screws has the plastic pieces that broke off of the front piece still around the screws. I noted that each of the plastic pieces that the screws were screwed into have vertical cracks in them.  To me it looks like either the screws used were larger than they should have been and caused the vertical cracks which weakened it so they eventually broke off, or possibly the screws were installed too tightly during manufacture causing the vertical cracks which weakened it so the pieces eventually broke off.

The aircraft is an advanced phantom 3 bought in early November which has approximately 52 flights and 11 or 12 hours on it.  This happened yesterday, May 18th.  It hadn't been used since March 20th as I was away.  I have heard of cracks around screws in the aircraft bodies before but not on the remote controllers.

Has anyone seen this before?
2016-5-19
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Yep, happened to me.  There are many posts about this on the forums.  I just got "bad luck" from the local agents, and it would cost me to send it back to get fixed.  It was easier for me to just buy another on eBay.  You might have better luck in your part of the world though.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-29306-2-1.html
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your issue,Apollo1. I'd suggest you to get in touch with our North America service center and send the RC back for fixing.We will do our best to solve it. 北美地址.JPG
2016-5-19
Use props
afiend69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

Mine did very early after buying it.  I fixed it with jbweld and it was good.  A few months later when my RC refused to connect after firmware update, i sent it in to dji for warranty.  I explained before how i fixed the broken case.  No prob they sent me a new RC without issue.  Mine broke when i picked it up and had my thumb on the right black circle.  The right joystick popped and sunk into the remote.  When i took it apart i discovered most of the screw pillars were broken.  Dji was great for service.
2016-5-20
Use props
Apollo1
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-20 03:43
Sorry for your issue,Apollo1. I'd suggest you to get in touch with our North America service center  ...

Hi,

I did as you said and sent in my remote control and it was replaced with a new one under this repair number...........................paste.............The Repair Tracking Number for your product is 160614LGQ-PH6321 ........................

I have the new one.  I linked it successfully to my aircraft which is a phantom 3 advanced running firmware 1.06.0040.bin which I plan to roll back to the previous 1.05 firmware.

My problem is that when I turn everything on the remote doesn't seem to work with the aircraft.  It says rc disconnected in the go app and it doesn't show what version of firmware is on the remote.  I am thinking maybe it is a newer version of firmware on the remote because it is new.  What version would be on a newly shipped remote control?

Any other thoughts about why it won't work?
2016-6-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Apollo1 Posted at 2016-6-29 15:10
Hi,

I did as you said and sent in my remote control and it was replaced with a new one under thi ...

Could you post some screenshots of the live view and the About page here? I'm not sure about your question on the version but the latest RC version is 1.6.0 and it is recommended to keep both of your drone and RC up to date.
2016-6-28
Use props
Apollo1
lvl.1

Canada

SEARCH function for forum.

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-29 04:21
Could you post some screenshots of the live view and the About page here? I'm not sure about your  ...

about

about
2016-06-29 12.41.28 (2).jpg
Finally got them uploaded.  Will that latest rc version work with the aircraft using 1.06.0040.binI haven't wanted to update the aircraft because of all of the complaining about less power etc.
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Apollo1 Posted at 2016-7-1 12:47
Finally got them uploaded.  Will that latest rc version work with the aircraft using 1.06.0040.bin ...

The firmware has nothing to do with the output power and range. I'd suggest you to keep both your drone's firmware and app up to date.
2016-6-30
Use props
Apollo1
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-1 03:33
The firmware has nothing to do with the output power and range. I'd suggest you to keep both your  ...

Did you gain anything from the pictures above you asked for?

What about all of the posts about not going as far before losing picture or signal?  And the guys with the meters showing reduced power?  I lost both picture and connection myself on my first flight after going to this aircraft firmware which is why I planned to roll it back.  What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Apollo1 Posted at 2016-7-2 02:20
Did you gain anything from the pictures above you asked for?

What about all of the posts about no ...

I can understand your feeling but we need to judge every issue case by case. We've released the 1.8 firmware in Apr. and it is corresponding to the RC firmware 1.6.0. Since the drone's firmware is unknown, I'd suggest you to update it to the latest 1.9 and relink the RC and drone again.Here is the release note of the 1.8 firmware: 02.JPG
2016-7-1
Use props
Apollo1
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-1 23:55
I can understand your feeling but we need to judge every issue case by case. We've released the 1. ...

Thanks for your reply.

The drones firmware is known. It doesn't show in the about screen but it is  1.06.0040.bin
I have verified it with the txt file on sd card.  That version can be downgraded one version to the last firmware which worked fine for me.  Linking worked according to the lights but the I get that message that on the live view screen as shown and it doesn't work.  I don't know what Remote firmware corresponds with the drones current  1.06.0040.bin firmware and am wondering if the remotes 1.6 firmware is a later version which will not work with the drones  1.06.0040.bin firmware?
If so, can the remotes firmware be changed back to whatever version works with the drones  1.06.0040.bin version?
Thanks
2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Apollo1 Posted at 2016-7-2 14:58
Thanks for your reply.

The drones firmware is known. It doesn't show in the about screen but it i ...

You can try the 1.5.8 RC firmware and relink them after downgrading. But it is recommended to keep both the RC and drone up to date to ensure the user experience.
Edit 1.5.7→ 1.5.8
2016-7-1
Use props
Apollo1
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-2 04:01
You can try the 1.5.7 RC firmware and relink them after downgrading. But it is recommended to keep ...

Thank you.  Do you know where I can find a copy of the RC 1.5.7 firmware and the aircraft firmware v1.5.30 ?
2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Apollo1 Posted at 2016-7-2 15:21
Thank you.  Do you know where I can find a copy of the RC 1.5.7 firmware and the aircraft firmware ...

As for the drone's 1.5 firmware, unfortunately it is not available on our official website. So you may do a search in some 3rd party website. And here is a method to downgrade the RC. You can give it a try:
From the main home page, if you press the graduation hat (upper right corner) and press it for 5-10 seconds then let go, it will take you into the downgrade menu (aircraft OFF while dong this)
2016-7-1
Use props
Apollo1
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-2 04:31
As for the drone's 1.5 firmware, unfortunately it is not available on our official website. So you ...

Thank you. It now works after downgrading the RC.

I searched for the aircraft firmware v1.5.30 with no luck.

Will the drone still go as far away without losing picture and connection with the newest firmware from your experience.  My experience was only one flight before my remote broke but I read the posts of others.

Also, do you think that majority do upgrade to the latest firmware and fly with problems of the drone working worse than before?

Also, can the go app be downgraded?  I liked the layout better before.
2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Apollo1 Posted at 2016-7-2 15:59
Thank you. It now works after downgrading the RC.

I searched for the aircraft firmware v1.5.30 wi ...

Make sure the environment is free of interference as well as the RC and antennas are in correct position. In my experience, 8 Pro and Adv drones of my office work well which are running the latest firmware.
2016-7-2
Use props
Apollo1
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-2 05:08
Make sure the environment is free of interference as well as the RC and antennas are in correct po ...

How far away should I expect it go without losing picture if interference is clear and you pay attention to antennas and you are on relatively flat ground which is heavily treed flying at an altitude of 90 metres? No buildings or mountains or big hills.

I realize it won't be as far as stated for best conditions with the trees and low altitude that I have to fly here in Canada.
2016-7-2
Use props
Temblor
Banned
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-20
Use props
Temblor
Banned
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield