Just a thank you to DJI
2064 16 2015-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vjoneskc.email
lvl.1

United States

As an avid pursuer of 1st generation and prototypyes.... I have to say good job to DJI for getting the inspire out so quickly.

People who are eager to complain will always find reasons to, and frankly they need to just wait until the inspire 2 is out to think about their purchase.

The 24 hour support from DJI has been fantastic, and I am very satisfied with my inspire 1. it flies and looks like something out of skynet and I love it kinks and all.

I used a ipad mini2 but I will gladly get a samsung 8.4 inch (already ordered) until the ios app is sorted out.

DJI is jumping through a million hoops just to get this product to us as soon as possible, and I greatly appreciate it. The free case and included extras more than made up for any short delays and DJI has my continued buisness on DIY and fly ready products in the future.

PS I still love my pixhawks and rovers and wings, but DJI wins when it comes to multi rotor and battery life....

mark

lead micro-electronics engineer
www.vj1s.com
robotics, VR, lighting and atmospherics
kansas city usa

2015-1-19
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Finally, a voice of reason

Sucks to be DJI right now.
Found potential performance concerns about the camera. Wanted to get it right instead of shipping something bad. Not a word of thanks.
Missed the early December delivery dates - everyone was screaming for blood
Missed the mid-December delivery dates - everyone was screaming for more blood
Missed the Xmas delivery dates - everyone was screaming for even more blood
Finally managed to get first round pre-orders sent out early Jan. Not a word of thanks
Not enough batteries to go around. People screaming for blood.
iOS app support pulled. People screaming for blood
IMU issue spotted. People screaming for blood
IMU issues fixed with new firmware in 72+ hours. Not a word of thanks.
People assume certain features are there, but they aren't. More blood demanded.
Possible prop issue detected (Bendgate?). People crying for blood
DJI commits to sending out prop locks on their own coin, when it's ready. Not a word of thanks.

Meanwhile, everyone else who has an Inspire is out there flying and putting up amazing videos.
2015-1-19
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Here, here, The Nobel Prize for DJI  Please A 'thank you' for what?  For all the people who have spent upwards of $4,000 and still don't have them?  Or if they do have nothing but issues? And what about those with their other products who have sent them back for repair...and no word on their status because their website that tracks the service repairs doesn't work?  Give me a break. DJI has some explaining and apologizing to do!, not a 'thank you'!
2015-1-19
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Credit where it's due, heat where it's due. That was my point.

Upwards of $4000 for a product that retails at $2899? Or did you include other items in the order?

What issues? Not saying there aren't, but I'm seen more good flights and videos from Inspire owners than unique videos of people who actually had issues. I'm sure there are, but I wonder how widespread they really are.

Not sure about service repairs (knock on wood), but their ordering site seems okay. They encountered a delay shipping my first order of batteries. I contacted them to follow up, they got back to me the day after and informed me of the delay and promised to ship it out this week. i got the shipping update on email and the package is on route, according to DHL.

By the way, I ordered my Inspire from the local DJI dealer in Singapore when it was first announced. When did you put down your pre-order? I'm curious as to what kind of lead times they have between batches.

2015-1-19
Use props
vjoneskc.email
lvl.1

United States

Shame you feel the need to tag your whining onto a simple thread of thank you, but it is ok I can understand your frustration.

I do appreciate you re-iterating my point about many folks simply needing to not be the first to have things if they expect perfection in the consumer world.

DJI is not in this for the nobel prize, they are in it for the profit.... but  I still give them my thanks for trying to solve problems that will naturally arrive in new technology.

I have not found the need to tag a thank you to dji every negative thread, but like mentioned dbeck... if it makes you feel better at all I really don't mind.

2015-1-19
Use props
maudelrio.email
lvl.1
United States

I'm sure most customers are not having issues. You're more likely to see the negative side of things on forums. (Upset customers are more likely to post than the happy ones that have no need for support.)

Mine has been working perfectly. Now, what I need are the extended batteries to be shipped!
2015-1-19
Use props
vjoneskc.email
lvl.1

United States

DJI products owned:

Phantom 1
Phantom 2 v1
Phantom 2 v2 (2)
lightbridge
3 iOSD mini
numerous naza systems
naza lite (firefly 6 heh)
inspire 1
2.4 ghz remote with lip (2)
2015-1-19
Use props
vjoneskc.email
lvl.1

United States

crap forgot i have a vision and a vision+ also hah...
2015-1-19
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

ghoonk Posted at 2015-1-20 01:09
Credit where it's due, heat where it's due. That was my point.

Upwards of $4000 for a product that  ...

I ordered from UAV as soon as it was announced.  Then when the issues stated, I cancelled.  Oh I will buy one when things get sorted out.  Maybe V2.0?  Credit for what? Did you send a 'thank you' to the car company the last time you bought one?  One EXPECTS that for the kind of money that is being paid for ANY product that it functions as described.  And Yes, my order included duel screens and extras.  And there are many posters here who have had no issues.  Great for them.  Yet, there are many who have had a myirad of issues, not only crashes with their birds.  Therse forums exisit to HELP those in need because DJi will not or cannot help, thats why you see so many 'negative' post.  If DJI was doing their job in CS you would not see this much negativity
2015-1-19
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I never post on forums but decided to log in to support the word of thanks! I am one that has been flying happily for several days and posting videos and photos... So far nothing amazing  as I am a first time flyer and spending my time now getting comfortable with flying. I am really enjoying this new addiction and can't wait until I get more batteries! My iPad air is working just fine for me right now and hopefully will continue to work until the app issues are worked out. Hopefully! I really do not want an android!  Thanks for the hours of fun and a great tool DJI!
2015-1-19
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why should people say thanks for getting what they paid for
Consumers have every right to get angry when they don't get what they paid for, thousands of dollars.

I have had my last 3 emails ignored, not getting a thanks from me!
2015-1-19
Use props
UM305
lvl.3

United States

Just minutes ago the App for Android ver 1.0.3 has been released.(updated)
Thank you DJI.
2015-1-19
Use props
chato1974.email
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3657356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good job DJI,

I'm really happy with the Phantom 2 V+ and the Inspire. I know it will take some time to iron out the bugs but it's well worth the wait.
2015-1-19
Use props
driving.email
lvl.4

Australia

Any retailer is supposed too thank you for our trade for without us the customer they would not exist as a company.
I ordered mine day one and as yet still have not received mine yet and I am struggling too keep my inner caveman at bay {:2_33:}
I can see where others are coming from but the company needs too lift it's game somewhat more for all to be happier. I bet there is also a language barrier involved here too.
I notice on their Facebook page there's less talk about the Inspire now and more focus on previous models Hmmm I wonder why aye
2015-1-19
Use props
hej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2040512 ft
Sweden

Yepp, the Inspire IS a lovely bird. I should only have waited for a bit before ordering it for pro reasons but that was little bit of gambling from my side. The build quality is really nice! The app is great. This concept is groundbreaking for sure. There are a few dead birds out there but thats to expect. I just hope the support department will survive the peak.  ;c)
2015-1-19
Use props
david.spencer.e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

driving.email Posted at 2015-1-20 02:35
Any retailer is supposed too thank you for our trade for without us the customer they would not exis ...

Im the same with the inner caveman
2015-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules