Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unsupported video format
9818 10 2016-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mstevens1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

I have used the apple sd card reader to download the photos from the drone card to my phone, and when I try to play the video it comes up unsupported video format, I would have thought it would have played ok on an Iphone, any suggestions?
2016-5-23
Use props
flydodom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

Have you flown your drone with your iphone?  If so, you don't need to download it to your phone, the phone has a small copy of your footage recorded in the DJI Go App.   

Alternatively, if your card has not been formatted in the Mac you may have problems, it shouldn't but sometimes happens depending on the version of OS.  What is the filename ends with? .mov or .mp4?

Trying downloading it to your computer and transfer it to your phone. ;)
2016-5-23
Use props
Nicola90s
Captain
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Russia

Hi!

Maybe you can use VLC, as I know it exist also for iOS devices.
2016-5-23
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What file format was the video?
The Phantom can record in either .mov or .mp4 formats.
.mov is a default format for Apple devices and .mp4 is more commonly use in WIndows systems (although a lot of software can read either).
I'm guessing that your situation is simply that you have saved the file as .mp4 and your software doesn't accept that format or it hasn't been configured to recognise it.
Change the file format in your Phantom to save videos as .mov and you  won't have that issue again.
2016-5-23
Use props
mstevens1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks for replying, I use an iPad Air for the drone, the file is saved as a mov, I have put videos on my phone using the apple Lightning sd card adapter last week and all was  fine but this set of new videos I transferred will not play on the iPhone, I will double check when I get home from work that it def is still set for mov, if it is mov do you think best sting to do is format the card in the drone ?
2016-5-23
Use props
flydodom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

mstevens1@btint Posted at 2016-5-23 17:14
Thanks for replying, I use an iPad Air for the drone, the file is saved as a mov, I have put videos  ...

Have you updated your firmware on Phantom? I heard that it reset all your custom settings to default. Or change the SD card without realising perhaps..?

Reformating is always a good idea.  
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Stevens, I'd suggest you to use other player apps like VLCPlayer to play the videos.
2016-5-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mstevens1@btint Posted at 2016-5-24 02:14
Thanks for replying, I use an iPad Air for the drone, the file is saved as a mov, I have put videos  ...

Re-formatting the card will not solve the issue, as the device still manages to recognise the file, and formatting has zero effect on the ability to play the file or not. The Phantom files are highly compressed and not all phones have up-to-date codecs to deal with thje file format. As Labroides says, an iDevice will be happier with .MOV files, but should deal with .MP4 files just as well. Is is possible that an update tof the iOS might help, but more likely that your phone just can't handle the file.

Regarding formatting, yes, it is always best to format the card in the drone. Always.
2016-5-23
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I use filmora to edit the videos, but many free players will play the files... VLC player is certainly one of many.
2016-5-23
Use props
mstevens1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sorry for delay, I removed all the Dji videos that were saying unsupported video from my phone, reloaded them using the Apple sd card reader as before, now rather it come up unsupported I just get the swirling egg timer, I loaded them onto my ipad pro the same way and they play ok ???? the iphone is 6s 128
2016-5-24
Use props
fans3687ab44
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5943291 ft
Finland

Is there any fix for this, before like OP all my videos worked just fine, now it says the same with P3P and Inspire2 videos. Using apple sd-card reader also. Ipad Pro with iOS10.2.1. For the DJI-Jamie, VLC player does not play local files on iOS devices. Reformatting SD has nothing to do with the issue, all tips so far are useless.
2017-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules