1751 8 2016-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kuenzli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used my bicycle mount twice with great success then on the third time on a dirt road it literally fell apart. The tube that contains a spring (?) fell off, along with whatever spring or other thing was inside. My Osmo just flopped down, unsuported. I can only guess that the vibration caused the screwed-on tube that holds the (assumed) spring to unscrew.  I'm waiting on a response to an email I sent to DJI to ask about replacement parts. Anybody have a similar problem or know of the best route to get a repair part?   I want to use this on a bike ride on May 11 and will order another entire unit if I have to.   I have a help ticket in that shows an oddly distorted image of my unit, sans spring with crushed tube (from riding over it with my bike).

2016-5-23
Use props
jeffmoltenberry
lvl.2

United States

I'm assume this was mountain biking vs road? I am also interested in the bike mount for mountain biking videos, but have concerns about durability. Watched a few YT videos and not many people trying mountain biking. Maybe for this reason.

Sorry to hear.
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
Sorry to hear of the trouble.
To get a better user experience, you please always read the guidelines firstly: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/o ... _Start_Guide_en.pdf
Hope you'll get your case solved very soon.
2016-5-23
Use props
jeffmoltenberry
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-23 21:58
Hello.
Sorry to hear of the trouble.
To get a better user experience, you please always read the gui ...

Adela, it doesn't say, but does DJI "suggest"/"market" the bike mount for off-road/mountain biking or just street/road?
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jeffmoltenberry Posted at 2016-5-24 21:12
Adela, it doesn't say, but does DJI "suggest"/"market" the bike mount for off-road/mountain biking ...

Hello.
In general situation, if the Bike mount and the Osmo are secure and installed properly according to the instruction, they won't fall off easily.
I'm sorry about your problem, hope you'll get it fixed soon.

If you need any of my help, please let me know.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-5-24
Use props
motographer
New

United States

I had the same problem recently in that the cylinder separated enough for the spring to eject. However I must say that after contacting DJI they offered to send some replacement parts. Its just gonna take some time to receive them.
2017-6-6
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129754 ft
United States

I find the chest mount produces a much better video (smoothness) mountain biking than the bar mount, but I have not had issues with the bar mount (Durability).
2017-6-7
Use props
estradanet
New
Flight distance : 518 ft
Canada

same here, that sucks
2017-8-16
Use props
ikach
New
Flight distance : 51752 ft