Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Changing Flight Limits
2534 16 2015-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bdemnar.email
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all

I have a Vision 2+ and have flown it a few times in rural settings.  However, I noticed it's range to be very limited (it goes into fly home mode at 20m altitude and/or 150m distance).  I therefore connected to the Assistant Software but cannot change the limit settings.  My alterations show in red and after entering and checking OK box (to confirm that I acknowledge the departure from standard settings) it simply reverts to what it was before (in black).  That is 20m altitude and 0 m distance.  

Any thoughts?
2015-1-19
Use props
drone.email
Second Officer

United States

Did you press enter to actually enter the values?
2015-1-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

After you enter the new numbers, press enter.
2015-1-19
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

I found it tricky to enter the numbers. if they are not red when you hit enter it will not take it.
2015-1-19
Use props
bdemnar.email
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks guys for your quick responses.  I'm "down under" and wasn't up with the time difference/s.

In answer to questions, yes, I hit enter twice (and twice again for good measure).  My changes remain red and when I come back to page after exiting program and then re-entering, all changes are gone.   Maybe I should reinstall software and go through the calibration process all over again.
2015-1-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

bdemnar.email Posted at 2015-1-20 08:47
Thanks guys for your quick responses.  I'm "down under" and wasn't up with the time difference/s.

You can also change the RTH altitude limit by tapping on the altitude display on your phone.
2015-1-19
Use props
bdemnar.email
lvl.1

Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-20 08:54
You can also change the RTH altitude limit by tapping on the altitude display on your phone.

Wow, thanks so much I hadn't realised that was possible.
2015-1-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

bdemnar.email Posted at 2015-1-20 09:19
Wow, thanks so much I hadn't realised that was possible.

It works this way, if you had the RTH altitude set at 66 feet, and your Phantom was at 100 feet to clear the trees, you can tap the altitude display, a screen will pop up saying set phantom altitude to RTH altitude, it will reset to 100 feet.  If your phantom was at 200 feet, your RTH would be set to 200 feet.
2015-1-19
Use props
bdemnar.email
lvl.1

Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-20 09:31
It works this way, if you had the RTH altitude set at 66 feet, and your Phantom was at 100 feet to ...

I'll try this out.  Thanks again.
2015-1-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Just curious, did you install the windows installer along with the DJI phantom an RC assistant software?
This is a packet of software that is listed on the download page though not bundled with the other two needed and it was never very clear anywhere that I read that it also needed to be installed.
It took me a few tries of installing changes though until I actually put the Windows Installer software on nothing would change...
All good now and having a blast!
2015-1-19
Use props
bdemnar.email
lvl.1

Australia

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-1-20 12:12
Just curious, did you install the windows installer along with the DJI phantom an RC assistant softw ...

That could well have been my problem.  Even though I thought that my phantom was able to communicate with the assistant when I first loaded everything in (again thinking I had loaded everything) I installed all the software again last night (including WIN Driver) on a laptop and was able to amend the Flight Limits.  All I need to do now is flight test it, and also try Gerry1124's advice.

Thanks all.
2015-1-20
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Glad to hear,
You can change all kinds of stuf, RTH height, enable NAZA mode by clicking on the Phantom Icon if you want and if you want you can enable IOC, pretty cool feature!
There is a really good article written on this by Phant0mas that is a virtual must have guide for everything Phantom...
It is titled "The Ultimate Guide for the phantom 2 Vision/Vision+"...and it has taught me lots!Here is the link...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1h ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0
Happy flying!

2015-1-20
Use props
bdemnar.email
lvl.1

Australia

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-1-21 07:57
Glad to hear,
You can change all kinds of stuf, RTH height, enable NAZA mode by clicking on the Phan ...

Great thanks. I appreciate it.
2015-1-21
Use props
HermosaDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

can we get that guide without joining dropbox?
2015-1-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-1-22 12:28
can we get that guide without joining dropbox?

Can't recall if I had to join drop box or not but the download was and is well worth it...
Does not hurt to click on the link...it does not automatically enroll you!
2015-1-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Can't recall if I had to join drop box or not but the download was and is well worth it...
Does not hurt to click on the link...it does not automatically enroll you!
2015-1-21
Use props
HermosaDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

this time i was able to download without joining.  thanks.
2015-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules