DJI Go App, iOS 9.3.2 and wrong keyboard
1509 13 2016-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OK, this should be a simple problem, but I cannot figure it out. On my iPad mini 4 (IOS 9.3.2) in the DJI Go app, when I try to change numerical values like return to home altitude, it brings up the telephone numeric keyboard (see below). Since the telephone keyboard neither has a enter key nor close key, I cannot cause a new value to be entered (I can edit the value but no way to make it stick). In contrast, on my iPhone 5S, the normal keyboard comes up and I can change the value easily.
In a like way, in the Waypoints where it ask if you want to change the return to home altitude, if you click on the number, the telephone numeric keyboard comes up, and covers the cancel and apply buttons, thus completly locking you out of the app (you cannot close the keyboard and the apply/cancel buttons cannot be selected since they are covered).   

I don't know what triggered this problem, or how long I've had it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

IMG_0132.PNG

2016-5-24
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

You just enter in the number and it will save.  you can always confirm if you go out and back in the settings.
2016-5-24
Use props
microcyb Posted at 2016-5-25 02:59
You just enter in the number and it will save.  you can always confirm if you go out and back in the ...

No, it doesn't save.   I've tried every way possible to make it save (changing screens and exiting, exiting with x button, exiting by clicking outside window, exiting app) and it reverts to old value.

Again, in my iPhone 5, a regular keyboard opens up, and it easily take the new value.
2016-5-24
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

dji@mbaldwin.co Posted at 2016-5-24 15:10
No, it doesn't save.   I've tried every way possible to make it save (changing screens and exiting ...

That would be a bug then.  I just checked on mine and got the full keyboard.
2016-5-24
Use props
jwebb3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 695023 ft
United States

Is the craft and controller all booted up as if ready to fly? Some of the values won't stick unless everything is connected up.
2016-5-24
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

I use the ipad 4 mini with current ios firmware and get a full keyboard.
2016-5-24
Use props
Iiikabiii@gmail Posted at 2016-5-25 03:47
I use the ipad 4 mini with current ios firmware and get a full keyboard.

So the problem is definitely why I am getting the phone keyboard?   I've searched Apple help stuff and seen nothing.   I've rebooted and reinstalled, but still get the phone keyboard.   
2016-5-24
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

I dont know if it makes a difference but I only have the DJI go app on my mini4. It's strictly for my P3 and random internet browsing.
1464120829217393518479.jpg
2016-5-24
Use props
Iiikabiii@gmail Posted at 2016-5-25 04:15
I dont know if it makes a difference but I only have the DJI go app on my mini4. It's strictly for m ...

Yea, and I get that keyboard with my iPhone 5s.   So what is different with my iPad?
2016-5-24
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

I have no clue bud. Depending on what you do with your ipad I'd say go do a backup and start with a clean slate. Don't restore it right away and just try dji go app first.
2016-5-24
Use props
dji@mbaldwin.co Posted at 2016-5-25 04:20
Yea, and I get that keyboard with my iPhone 5s.   So what is different with my iPad?

Problem solved!

The problem is tied to Googles GBoard keyboard.   Not sure why it was doing it, but once I deleted it, the full keyboard showed up.

Thanks everyone!
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

dji@mbaldwin.co Posted at 2016-5-25 04:33
Problem solved!

The problem is tied to Googles GBoard keyboard.   Not sure why it was doing it, b ...

Good job.I think you can check the google keyboard settings in your IOS next time .
2016-5-24
Use props
fans89349508
lvl.1

United States

Thank you!! I was having the same issue with my iPad and the DJI app it was driving me crazy. Turns out  once I  elected  the google keyboard everything worked.
2017-1-22
Use props
djiuser_mrMPqtm
New

Australia

Same problem iPhone 5 (without Gboard installed) - I just hit the speech to text button which worked fine for the 4 letter code, and just drops low enough to expose a fraction of the SUBMIT button. What a joke !
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules