Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Real choppy video in memory card
14553 18 2015-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pidetectives.em
First Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flew the bird today for the first time. The bird performed like a sports car. The only issue I had was  real choopy slow video it record in several scence in the SD card. Did not have any issues in the tablet feed. Playing  back the video from the SD card it was   slow, freezes up, video goes green. Iam I doing something wrong?

SD card:  ScanDisk ULTRA PLUS 64GB XC 1
2015-1-19
Use props
gizadog
lvl.3
United States

Did you drag the video to your computer HD and try? Some card readers and USB can't move that much video over the data bus. I've got SanDisk USB 3.0 readers that work great!
2015-1-19
Use props
pidetectives.em
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

gizadog@gmail.c Posted at 2015-1-20 09:26
Did you drag the video to your computer HD and try? Some card readers and USB can't move that much v ...

Read from card adapter that came with SD card.
2015-1-19
Use props
pidetectives.em
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I did and transferred to  PC and same issue in PC yet on the tablet live feed was smooth as silk and also were the pics I took.
2015-1-19
Use props
DJI-DingC
lvl.3

China

pidetectives.em Posted at 2015-1-20 09:40
I did and transferred to  PC and same issue in PC yet on the tablet live feed was smooth as silk and ...

What is your PC's profile then? A high performance PC is required to playback the 4K footage.
2015-1-19
Use props
pidetectives.em
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Asus I5
8GB Ram
64 Bit
Windows  7
2015-1-19
Use props
airymok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
China

try to record 1080p video and take photos? Or switch with another SD card, the default package one.
2015-1-19
Use props
pidetectives.em
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ok will update
2015-1-19
Use props
ablackburn6.ema
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108025 ft
  • >>>
United States

I found choppy video when playing back using Quicktime on a Mac. Quicktime can't handle 4k well at all. If you are using Quicktime, try MplayerX or VLC for better playback. When I switched it made a huge difference in playback quality. If you are using someother playback software, try researching how well it plays various HD video files.
2015-1-20
Use props
ElliotTeskey
lvl.3

United States

I had the same problem.  I changed my media player from VLC..which was choppy...to Wiindows Media and now the same videos play smooth.  Try this or copy your videos to another computer (better one) and see if that works.
2015-1-21
Use props
david.askew.ema
lvl.3

United Kingdom

It's your SD card which simply doesn't have the read/write speeds for the video you are recording. I had the same issue and changed my SD card for something which is 4K certified and it works great  now.
2015-1-21
Use props
pidetectives.em
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

What card do you recomand?
2015-1-24
Use props
ghoonk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

pidetectives.em Posted at 2015-1-20 09:40
I did and transferred to  PC and same issue in PC yet on the tablet live feed was smooth as silk and ...

The live feed has nothing to do with the recording other than framing. You will need a high speed card if you are recording 1080 or 4k video. Try dropping your recording quality to 720p and see if that helps. The Samsung Pro SDXC that I am using has R/W of 90/50 respectively and I have no problems with 4k at 30 fps.
2015-1-24
Use props
pidetectives.em
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just figured out that the choopy  lag, freezeing is actualy my PC

Asus CPU:  I5-2430
Ram: 8.00
64 Bit
Windows 7 Home

2015-1-24
Use props
geox
lvl.4
Flight distance : 732339 ft
Greece

hello there. except from the quality of the sd card before you send a report to DJi, try to convert the footage to a normal quality export video. I had the same issue. all the footage i took from the card was choopy, freezing, loosing frames, jumping, pixels like loosing paring with the lightbridge etc.
i was really anxious and i started doing some video edits, in mac, with a few programs.
Conclusion: use the default sd card, do a short "take" (footage). put it on your computer (in my occasion imac & imovie), export to a standard high definition,  not 4K because not so many devices can playback this quality, and there you are,  an awesome solid video.
give it a try
2015-1-24
Use props
rbabcock19
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233993 ft
United States

How do I change the video recording from from 4k to a lower resolution?  I didn't have much luck in the manual and have tried playing around with the app but I seem to be missing something
2015-2-23
Use props
rbabcock19
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233993 ft
United States

rbabcock19 Posted at 2015-2-24 01:46
How do I change the video recording from from 4k to a lower resolution?  I didn't have much luck in  ...

I found the answer to my question, please disregard my comment.  Thanks!
2015-2-23
Use props
danikrom
New
United States

I can confirm that the easy fix was to find a video player or editor (free Microsoft Movie Maker worked) that can handle the high resolution + high frame rate.  I have a Windows 10 laptop, and all 3 other "default" players didn't display smooth video.
2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules