Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Inspire 1 Battery Problem
12Next >
6020 41 2016-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jdr568
lvl.1
United States

Hello all,
I’m brand new to this forum, but not new to RC. I have flown single rotor helis for many years.  
My first venture into quads was the Phantom2 which i set up for FPV. I had very good luck with it and was hooked on quads, and DJI from then on.

I decided to upgrade to the Inspire 1 V2.0,   and It arrived today, Brand new sealed in the box.

So following the set up I started to charge the 4500mAh Battery which came with it
and a problem! The Battery Is dead nothing happens when I charge it - no light - no charging  -no nothing.

Now here’s the best part: I had ordered a second battery (5700mAh) which had arrived the day before - I right away pulled it out of the box and, you guessed it - It has a problem to!!!  It lights when you push the button one led comes on than turns off and it wont charge either!!  What the F*** !?
Two Battery’s from two different dealers.   Its not the charger because it charged the transmitter perfectly

What am I to make of this?  Did I just waist almost $3000 ?

Very annoyed,
Jim
2016-5-24
Use props
str1776
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi JDr , When you attempt to turn the battery on what are you doing? push once then again.
what steps?
Two batteries different dealers somethings up Brother!
2016-5-24
Use props
jdr568
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

As I mentioned I have the Phantom 2  - I know how to turn on the battery. You need to push and release than push and hold
The one that came today with the Inspire does nothing - dead as a door nail. The 5700mAh I got yesterday lights up one led and than goes dead.
It will not stay on or take a charge!?  I have not been able to power-up the Inspire 1 - I have no idea if there is a problem with it. The transmitter charged fine and is ready to go.
Im going to have to send the battery's back and try to get one that works. I have been looking on line and there seems to be a problem with Inspire 1 battery's  -I wish i knew this before
I bought it!
I am very dis hardened i must admit,
Jim
2016-5-24
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI will replace them under warranty if they will not charge.  Bummer!

Did you put the battery on the charger and let it charge for about one hour?  (even thought you were not getting any LED lights on it)
If you put it on the charger then turn on the battery press once and the second time and hold for two seconds... will the LED stay on and then blink while it is on the charger??

Sorry you are having trouble, I received a bad battery with my new Inspire 1 V2 from Best Buy and they took the entire kit back and the next one was fine.

Rich
2016-5-24
Use props
jdr568
lvl.1
United States

Rich,

I let them sit for about 40min - still nothing! No blinking ( just stinking!!) One blinks when you push the button then nothing. - I bought mine direct from China
I emailed the dealers - no reply yet - I think im screwed
Can I send them to DJI ?

I should have gone to Best Buy,
Jim
2016-5-24
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

jdr568@verizon. Posted at 2016-5-25 12:33
Rich,

I let them sit for about 40min - still nothing! No blinking ( just stinking!!) One blinks whe ...

Jump on to DJI support and tell them what's up. They should send out new ones.
2016-5-24
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

jdr568@verizon. Posted at 2016-5-24 21:33
Rich,

I let them sit for about 40min - still nothing! No blinking ( just stinking!!) One blinks whe ...

Sounds like they are under the threshold to charge. The intelligent circuit will not let the battery charge up for some reason.

Start a ticket with DJI LA.. Call them in the morning and I believe you will get them to replaced them... As long as they are under warranty and you have the sales receipt. (6 months) and only DJI genuine batteries.

DJI Ken or Tim can verify this too.  
I think some others have got the batteries replaced in about 7-10 days from the LA shop.
Rich
2016-5-24
Use props
cheetah2k
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-25
Use props
mtnbiker63
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3215197 ft
United States

Lesson for everyone. BUY EVERYTHING INCLUDING YOUR DRONE FROM AMAZON. BEST RETURN POLICY NEXT TO NORDSTROM'S.
2016-5-25
Use props
drukse
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1234 ft
  • >>>
United States

mtnbiker63 Posted at 2016-5-25 20:24
Lesson for everyone. BUY EVERYTHING INCLUDING YOUR DRONE FROM AMAZON. BEST RETURN POLICY NEXT TO NOR ...

Well I bought mine from Amazon and it arrived yesterday with a dead battery. Amazon was of no help. Told me to contact DJI to get a replacement. Did that and now waiting to hear back from DJI. From what I hear it will take two weeks or more to get a replacement. I ordered a couple extra batteries but they have not arrived. So the Inspire just sits there being useless.
2016-5-27
Use props
PeteGould
Second Officer

drukse@comcast. Posted at 2016-5-28 11:59
Well I bought mine from Amazon and it arrived yesterday with a dead battery. Amazon was of no help ...

Something doesn't make sense.  Did you purchase this FROM Amazon?  Or did you use Amazon to purchase from a third-party vendor?  If the former, Amazon has a VERY robust return/replace policy.  You just navigate to your purchase, tell the system you want to return or exchange, and it spits out a return label.  You shouldn't even have to pay shipping.  If you literally got it yesterday, you should be able to do this without issue on ANY product you purchased from Amazon.

See https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html
2016-5-28
Use props
jdr568
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,
Well... I sent the brand new Battery that came with my brand new Inspire 1 back to DJI,  they said they would replace it ( it is stone dead)
The guy i spoke with at DJI talked to me like I was nuts - Like he never heard of such a thing!?   Im NUTZ alright for spending nearly $3000!!!

The second battery I bought New from a dealer on ebay ( which also would not charge ) is on its way back to that dealer
The third BRAND NEW battery i bought from Adorama Camera in NYC, a DJI authorized dealer? ( battery will not charge) goes back Tue!

And just to throw good money after bad, I just spend  $100 more on a new charger, because I have no idea what im DOING!!!!
My Brand New Inspire 1  sits in transport position like a giant dead crab, and looks at me with lifeless eyes!
Ive never been able to power it up.   I wonder what that would be like???

Now can someone at DJI tell me whats going on??

Just hopeless,
Jim

2016-5-29
Use props
drukse
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1234 ft
  • >>>
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2016-5-28 14:29
Something doesn't make sense.  Did you purchase this FROM Amazon?  Or did you use Amazon to purcha ...

The only option via the order page was to return the entire purchase for a replacement Inspire. It seems crazy to me to return everything for a bad battery. My other two TB48's showed up today and I was able to charge  them both and power up the Inspire. All seems to be working. Just need DJI to respond to me about replacing the TB47.
2016-5-29
Use props
Tiberius
lvl.1
United States

ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!

I finally got a Battery today that would take a charge and bring my Inspire 1 to life - Amazing!

I called a Dealer and explained the problem I was having, and he said he would open the boxes check & test the battery's
before sending them to me, what a gentlemen.  obviously he didn't work for DJI  

By the way;  When I called him back to thank him, he said he went through the dozen or so battery's he had in stock, and FOUR were no good!
He said on all future orders he would have to check the battery before shipping it to a customer.
He was sending the bad ones back to DJI.    I haven't heard back yet from DJI about the battery I returned to them.

So...It took four dealers & nine days from the time I received my Inspire 1, to the time  I could see it stand up and say hello!

Now lets see if it can fly,
Jim
2016-6-3
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Tiberius Posted at 2016-6-3 11:15
ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!

I finally got a Battery today that would take a charge and bring my Inspire 1 to  ...

"what a gentlemen,  obviously he didn't work for DJI "

That is not a very kind thing to say , I have interactions with DJI reps all the Time and they have been very kind and going above and beyond to help member  Pilots.  I see you are new here , so I will give you a Pass.

I understand we all get frustrated from time to time .

Just be cool-

Cheers - donnie  

2016-6-3
Use props
Tiberius
lvl.1
United States

I suppose your right Donnie, the rep I spoke to did eventually help me - I hope.
Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers,  But Not admitting there is a problem - when there is a problem is not cool!  Thanks for the pass.

Cheers,
Jim
2016-6-3
Use props
ccarr
lvl.1
United States

I purchased three Inspire 1 v2 kits from three different retailers over the course of the last week and all three kits had batteries that were DOA (no lights, would not turn on and would not charge).  One of the retailers informed me that they had recently sent back a shipment of 40+ batteries because over one-half of the ones that were tested were bad.  I have contacted DJI and I am sure that they will replace the dead batteries, but it is very frustrating nonetheless.

It would seem that DJI should be able to determine which batteries were sent out with firmware that allows the cells to over-discharge, and where they were sent, and recall the unsold batteries from their retailers rather than allow them to continue being sold like there is no problem.  
2016-6-14
Use props
jp12958
lvl.1

United States

New to the site and drone flying in general. Waiting the arrival of my new Inspire 1 v2 and praying to the drone gods I dont receive dead batteries. So anxious to get this thing in my hand and experience what so many of you do on a daily basis. Would hate to have it sit there and not be able to fly due to battery issue on a new product.  I bought the TB48 aswell. Crossed fingers. Wish me luck.

Safe flying, friends.
2016-6-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

jp12958 Posted at 2016-6-15 23:38
New to the site and drone flying in general. Waiting the arrival of my new Inspire 1 v2 and praying  ...

jp12958 you should have no issues.  If you have any questions, please let us know and we will be happy to assist.
2016-6-15
Use props
lweston6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59547 ft
  • >>>
United States

jp12958 Posted at 2016-6-15 11:38
New to the site and drone flying in general. Waiting the arrival of my new Inspire 1 v2 and praying  ...

Please let us know how you make out. Where'd you purchase it from?
2016-6-15
Use props
Jim09
lvl.4
United States

FYI...  DJI has admitted in the past to batteries being over discharged.  While this is extremely frustrating, DJI will work with you to correct the problem.  Depending on who/where you made your purchase, will determine who you need to work with/through (mine was purchased through Best Buy...hence I had to work with them instead of DJI).   Extremely frustrating? yes...!  but well worth the wait and patience.  Easier said than done, I know, but just as many of us have pointed out before, you're more likely to get positive results with a positive attitude, kindness, and understanding.  You need to keep in mind that many of these aircraft, batteries, etc... are purchased and sold through a third party (hobby store, amazon, Best Buy, etc...) where they sometimes sit for months.  As a result batteries over discharge and aircraft may/may not need multiple FW upgrades.   

Have fun and fly safe

Jim
2016-6-15
Use props
jp12958
lvl.1

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-6-16 04:14
jp12958 you should have no issues.  If you have any questions, please let us know and we will be h ...

Thank you I appreciate it.
2016-6-15
Use props
jp12958
lvl.1

lweston6 Posted at 2016-6-16 04:45
Please let us know how you make out. Where'd you purchase it from?

Will do. I purchased direct from dji.com. Couldnt pass on that 35% off.
2016-6-15
Use props
jp12958
lvl.1

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-6-16 04:14
jp12958 you should have no issues.  If you have any questions, please let us know and we will be h ...

I noticed a firmware update that came out Saturday or Sunday. If my product shipped Tuesday will it have the update already applied or will it be something I have to do when I receive shipment. Thanks in advance.
2016-6-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jp12958 Posted at 2016-6-15 16:19
I noticed a firmware update that came out Saturday or Sunday. If my product shipped Tuesday will i ...

No.  Just leave the bin file on your SD card and it will be automatically updated.
2016-6-15
Use props
user660e07211f
New
United States

For what it is worth I have 5 dead inspire batteries after storing them for 7 months per DJI specs. I have contacted DJI to ask questions regarding their batteries and they refuse to answer, just state there is a 6 months warranty.  I have Phantom 1 and 2 batteries that are 3 to 4 old and never a problem. These Inspire One batteries were purchased 9 months ago and now all worthless after only 7 or 8 cycles each. Seems to me they have a serious problem with these batteries and there attitude is to just ignore the customer. I realized that I am screwed due to their 6 months return policy, but I am even more outrage they will not answer question regarding the issue with these batteries and what have they done to solve it. I am not willing to spend another $1000 on batteries if there just going to end up dead again.
2016-6-15
Use props
lweston6
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

jp12958 Posted at 2016-6-15 19:16
Will do. I purchased direct from dji.com. Couldnt pass on that 35% off.

Best Buy price matches and if you have any issues, just send it back within 15 days and there are no questions. Good Luck with DJI.
2016-6-15
Use props
lweston6
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

user660e07211f Posted at 2016-6-15 19:48
For what it is worth I have 5 dead inspire batteries after storing them for 7 months per DJI specs.  ...

I honestly don't even know how to comment on this.

I was so furious reading your post. Makes me want to just return the next one I get and go buy something else. I really hope you get this sorted out.

DJI Ken/Tahoe_Ed, can you guys comment on this?
2016-6-15
Use props
Wolfman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

user660e07211f Posted at 2016-6-16 09:48
For what it is worth I have 5 dead inspire batteries after storing them for 7 months per DJI specs.  ...

Hi user660,

unfortunately past 6 months from purchase date, DJI won't give 2 hoots.

Instead of binning them , try this as you have nothing to lose. I have had to do it once in the past and it worked without issue.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-15401-1-1.html

If linky no work, google new inspire1 battery problem

Regards Wolf
2016-6-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>

We do not recommend storing batteries for extended periods of time.  There is the potential of over discharging.  Please check them regularly for the storage state.  
2016-6-15
Use props
BO$$MAN0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2131886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got my Inspire 1 Pro Black Edition from Unique Photo today and same thing. One LED furthest from the button. When I plug it in to the charger the LED blinks 4x then goes dark. 6 hours post unboxing and nothing. I gave up on it tonight and will follow up with DJI in the morning. After reading this thread I can sleep. I have a bunch of broken Phamtoms with $5 part, $300 camera replacements staring at me for a drones I could replace for $500. Seriously 5 drones 3 DJI, 2 Xiro drones that became possessed and flew away. The Phantom 4 is a workhorse. Two weeks in and I have 20 hours on it and no issues. I hope this Inspire will deliver.  
2016-6-15
Use props
lweston6
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

BO$$MAN0 Posted at 2016-6-16 00:28
I got my Inspire 1 Pro Black Edition from Unique Photo today and same thing. One LED furthest from t ...

Same here. Had the Phantom 4 for a few weeks, no issues. Battery was perfect. Switched over to the Inspire 1 and I've yet to be able to fly one.

8 more hours until UPS opens and I can go pick up my 3rd one. Can't sleep just thinking about it. Keeping my fingers crossed........
2016-6-15
Use props
ccarr
lvl.1
United States

user660e07211f Posted at 2016-6-16 07:48

I read on another forum that someone contacted DJI after their batteries over-discharged with the faulty firmware, and they were told that DJI had extended the battery warranty to 12 months because of this.  I do not if true or not, but here is the link to that thread: Batteries not working after storage
2016-6-15
Use props
str1776
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lweston6 Posted at 2016-6-15 21:39
Same here. Had the Phantom 4 for a few weeks, no issues. Battery was perfect. Switched over to the  ...

Hey sorry for your battery issue, question can I ask where you bought your inspire and battery's
just wondering a lot of chatter on bad batteries!
Happy flights
2016-6-15
Use props
lweston6
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

str1776 Posted at 2016-6-16 00:47
Hey sorry for your battery issue, question can I ask where you bought your inspire and battery's
j ...

I've been getting them from Best Buy. No extra batteries, just the one that comes with the Drone itself. If the next one comes in dead also, which I honestly won't be surprised about, I'm going to buy an extra one from DJI and and get this one exchanged.

If you're thinking about buying, they do offer a great product. Just a hell of a lot headaches with getting one that works and their "warranty process".
2016-6-15
Use props
str1776
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lweston6 Posted at 2016-6-15 21:56
I've been getting them from Best Buy. No extra batteries, just the one that comes with the Drone i ...

Thanks for the  heads up someone from this forum  referred me to a Dealer out of Florida called Dronenerds
I checked them out  no tax free delivery and will beat your price by 5%.
Now they are the largest dealer and can afford this kind of discount.
Check this out . Chad in technical did a lot of work for me check it out. He is on youtube great bunch of techs always there to answer questions. like this forum lol
I believe they test there batteries before shipment there truly the only drone company I trust.
Happy flights enjoy!
2016-6-15
Use props
peterrussell23
lvl.1

Australia

Sounds like I will have to take my inspire out almost every weekend to ensure the batteries stay healthy.. Sounds good to me! If my wife gets sick of it I have a good excuse I'm pretty sure she doesn't want me spending any more money on my drone habbit.
2016-6-15
Use props
jp12958
lvl.1

United States

Got my inspire in today and started charging the batteries right away. TB48 had no issues and charged it full my TB47 which I charged second  had a red light come on but doesn't indicate a charge is taking place no green indicators are flashing or lit. Red light stays on for a second or two. Brand new purchased from DJI just received today. Im assuming this a sign of a dead battery curse?
2016-6-17
Use props
user660e07211f
New
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-6-15 16:52
We do not recommend storing batteries for extended periods of time.  There is the potential of over  ...

Your manual does not state this. This has not been an issue with Phantom 1 and 2 batteries. You should stand behind your product.
2016-11-17
Use props
user660e07211f
New
United States

str1776 Posted at 2016-6-15 20:47
j ...

Sorry for the delay, I am so pissed at DJI that I haven't been checking the forum. I purchased through Amazon from the Copter Shop. This issue has affected a lot of user. DJI will not admit that this was a firmware issue but they did release a firmware fix.
2016-11-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules