Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
3 day old phantom 2 with h3-3d gimbal fell out of the sky first flight after ...
1602 7 2015-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brother.4.email
New

United States

hit guys so i got my drone 3 days ago. ilove it . but the gimbal on the new phantom controller stays at a 45 angle so i wanted to fix the which mean i had to go to the rc assistant well i pluged it in and it did it all on its own then i went thew and confirmed it. all things were up to date and after calibrating the controller gimbal it worked. ok so first flight i took it up about 200' and 50 yards out and the it just lost all power to all motors and fell from the sky ? wtf this thing is new and on impact it broke my gopro so what now ???? did i just throw away 1200 this thing ? please help !!! tell me they will make this right its 3 days old and would like to fing out sooner then later

2015-1-19
Use props
teedo757.email
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1870 ft
United States

Well most of the time there is no direct support from DJI but some users might have an idea as to what happened. Just wondering what the battery level was when you started flying? Also you didn't happen to move both joysticks down and to the center?
2015-1-19
Use props
brother.4.email
New

United States

no i did not i was going forward. the batt was at 2 bars. i managed to recover it the batt still has 1 bar left on it. but it will not connect to the remote any more. it was flying fine then just lost fpv to the go pro meaning it just lost power. not really cool as i just ordered another but now I'm afraid to fly and don't know if i want to pay another 1200 to watch it fall from the sky. also just broke my go pro
2015-1-19
Use props
brother.4.email
New

United States

all it does it beeb and I'm getting solid red lights in the back but no lights on the front
2015-1-19
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry about that crash!

As with most of these crashes, it's impossible to deconstruct exactly what happened - too many variables! All I (or we) can do is try to help you or others possibly avoid this kind of thing in the future.  I'm going to throw out a couple opinions and possibilities - but am in no way saying what happened.....

Note - this article is one of many which tries to make sure situations likes yours do not happen:
http://www.droneflyers.com/2014/ ... m-fly-away-crashes/

Among those suggestions are:
". If this is your first quadcopter – don’t fly it!"
(that is, have you had hours of former experience piloting quadcopters?)

DJI, in their new pilot guide, gives various first steps for the new pilot. Among those are flying very close to yourself...and I'll add to that by saying flying without the camera and gimbal for a number of flights is a good idea.

Battery life is much shorter than advertised. Taking off with less than a full battery is not suggested and 1 bar...and sometimes even 2 (with one blinking) is not enough to do much.

The GoPro wireless will interfere with your control - make certain to turn it off....and leave it off.

As with Guy's post above, none of this fully explains one crash or another. However, the odds of crashes become great if all these things are not perfectly in place. We had a recent private jet crash nearby....experienced pilots and a top of the line Gulfstream jet. They forgot to check one thing and the jet didn't take off - instead they all perished and the jet is toast.

Aircraft, especially rotor driven ones, are unforgiving. Improve the odds by taking more time to learn everything possible before flying an expensive quadcopter.
2015-1-20
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

Send it to dji make them replace it.
2015-1-20
Use props
brother.4.email
New

United States

how do i send it to them i sent emails with no reply?
2015-1-21
Use props
bureauroofing.e
New

United States

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-1-21 10:24
Send it to dji make them replace it.

Hahahahaha
2015-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now