Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Osmo - Facebook Live
123Next >
70394 111 2016-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LOCOSDEL136
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5709 ft
Puerto Rico

http://www.locosdel136.org
image.jpeg
2016-5-25
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.4

Venezuela

Android or iOS?
2016-5-25
Use props
LOCOSDEL136
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5709 ft
United States

iOS
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi all,
The latest DJI GO App v2.8.2 supports the Facebook live streaming function. Please upgrade your DJI GO App to learn more (http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads).

Any feedback or suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks.
2016-5-25
Use props
rpknowles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736033 ft
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-25 23:04
Hi all,
The latest DJI GO App v2.8.2 supports the Facebook live streaming function. Please upgrade y ...

Is it possible to simultaneously post a live feed to more than one person (or business's) facebook feed?
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rpknowles Posted at 2016-5-27 01:11
Is it possible to simultaneously post a live feed to more than one person (or business's) facebook ...

Hello.
Presently, it only supports posting the live feed to the pages that are managed by one Facebook account.

Thanks.
2016-5-26
Use props
alan.zapata
lvl.1

United States

This is a great add! Will there be a way to target others like Youtube and Wowza or custom RTSP/RTSMPs? Since you must be encoding and Facebook Live is just a stream target it should be easy to stream to any valid stream receiver, even something free lile VLC.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

alan.zapata Posted at 2016-5-27 11:47
This is a great add! Will there be a way to target others like Youtube and Wowza or custom RTSP/RTSM ...

Youtube live streaming is already there for the other DJI products, such as Inspire.

Our R&D department will think about all of your suggestions.

Thanks.
2016-5-26
Use props
nomad65
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-27 05:23
Youtube live streaming is already there for the other DJI products, such as Inspire.

Our R&D dep ...

Hi DJI Adela ,

mentioned earlier in this thread it's on IOS only

Is that correct and if so when is it coming to android ?

Thank you
2016-5-27
Use props
kevinlyver
New

Canada

Are there suggestions on optimal recording settings to stream to FB Live?  I would not like to continue to do Osmo / FB live 'tests' for the world to see - only to find out that the footage is choppy and grainy after the fact.

Tried various settings, but no real noticeable improvements.
2016-5-27
Use props
alan.zapata
lvl.1

United States

kevinlyver Posted at 2016-5-27 12:24
Are there suggestions on optimal recording settings to stream to FB Live?  I would not like to conti ...

The main problem I have been having for quality of stream, is the app forces the iphone or ipad to use cellular service. This is variable at best and usually pretty bad. You also incur massive data usage which can be really expensive.

The lowest quality with the smallest bandwidth will give the best possible results as it is now. That would mean 720p24f is the best option available though when I tested it, it was choppy and had numerous drops. You may be better off if you operate in an area with minimal cell phone usage. I tested in a park at 6am and it was choppy but I could connect. When i went out later around noon with people in the park it was useless and wouldn't start streaming.
2016-5-27
Use props
courvo
New

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-27 10:32
Hello.
Presently, it only supports posting the live feed to the pages that are managed by one Face ...

Love the new feature, but I have more than one FaceBook account...how do I switch accounts?  The DJI Go app seems to be locked into one account.  I've tried changing permissions on my FB account, deleting and installing the DJI Go app, and just about everything I can think of... but DJI seems to be recognizing only one FB log-in to STREAM from.

Thanks!

Dave Courvoisier
Las Vegas, NV
2016-6-22
Use props
terrierist
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dave..

Here's what I have found. Log out of your facebook app that you DON'T want to use on your device that you are using with Osmo. Open safari and also log out of facebook there with the account you DON'T want to use.

Go back to DJI go and LOG OUT of Facebook there, again, with the account you don't want to use. Re-log in on Go with the account you want to use, to post to pages, click Go Live and your name will appear with an arrow at the right, click on this and it will allow you to post to pages you admin.

Hope this helps.

Kev
PS, be wary about the image quality though, it's better to go live at the moment with just your iPhone, the transfer between Go and the Osmo is poor to say the least... Come on DJI, you're missing a great sales tool here!!
2016-6-23
Use props
alan.zapata
lvl.1

United States

Topvisions Thai Posted at 2016-6-23 08:01
Yes same my problem. Osmo choppy and try to change resolution mathching FB. reccoments it same????

Facebook has certain requirements for the stream. It needs to be 720p, 30fps, 1 i-frame every 2 seconds, max bit rate 2500Kbps. The only setting that the Osmo can match is the 720p. The rest are either not possible or not accessible to change. I don't think there is any way to get a clean stream to Facebook until they fix both the software and the way the Osmo works.
2016-6-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nomad65 Posted at 2016-5-27 23:24
Hi DJI Adela ,

mentioned earlier in this thread it's on IOS only

Hello Nomad65,
Our R&D team is cooperating with FB R&D team to develop the live streaming function in hope of improving it further.

For any further news, such as something about Android, please refer to our future official announcement.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-6-27
Use props
USUAVMedia
lvl.1

United States

DJI, please provide an update if there will be a solution to improve the streaming quality to Facebook Live using the OSMO.  Currently the stream is choppy and drops footage throughout the broadcast (when viewing afterwards) I have excellent cell service and have tested the live-streaming in various locations and settings to see if I can find improvement, but no luck.  The Osmo works perfect with Periscope, but the reality is live-streaming will eventually be all about Facebook.  If you can't fix Facebook streaming quality, I understand, just let people know you can't, so we can find alternative products.  
2016-7-20
Use props
terrierist
lvl.4
United Kingdom

USUAVMedia Posted at 2016-7-20 15:40
DJI, please provide an update if there will be a solution to improve the streaming quality to Facebo ...

Amen to that.. I believe there is a firmware update due from past comments, hopefully something will be changed there or maybe in the Go App?

Come on DJI, keep us informed please.
2016-7-20
Use props
USUAVMedia
lvl.1

United States

Hello DJI,

I want to ensure my previous information request does not get lost in the shuffle of topics, so I will make every attempt to ensure this request does not get buried.  Please provide an update if there will be a solution to improve streaming quality to Facebook Live.   We have already heard almost a month ago that you were working with Facebook R&D, so please expand on the progress from those discussions.  

Thank you.
2016-7-21
Use props
jeanlondonphoto
New
Flight distance : 28986 ft
  • >>>
United States

What about sound during Facebook Live. It doesn't work for me... It shows the microphone all the way up when there is no sound in the room? When I take it off Facebook live the sound works better.
2016-7-21
Use props
USUAVMedia
lvl.1

United States

Good morning DJI,

I want to ensure my previous information request does not get lost in the shuffle of topics, so I will make every attempt to ensure this request does not get buried.  Please provide an update if there will be a solution to improve streaming quality to Facebook Live.   We have already heard almost a month ago that you were working with Facebook R&D, so please expand on the progress from those discussions.  

Thank you.
2016-7-22
Use props
USUAVMedia
lvl.1

United States

Good morning DJI,

I want to ensure my previous information request does not get lost in the shuffle of topics, so I will make every attempt to ensure this request does not get buried.  Please provide an update if there will be a solution to improve streaming quality to Facebook Live.   We have already heard almost a month ago that you were working with Facebook R&D, so please expand on the progress from those discussions.  If there is an email address I should be sending this request to, please let me know.  

Thank you.
2016-7-25
Use props
terrierist
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Looks like this has been fixed with the latest GO update.
https://www.facebook.com/kev.haworth/videos/850372445094773/
2016-7-27
Use props
USUAVMedia
lvl.1

United States

Thank you DJI for the Facebook live update.  I did a couple tests this morning and the quality was greatly improved.  I also did a YouTube Live test as this is a new feature and here is a link to the recorded stream.

Still some issues there, but it may be in some setting somewhere.  The instructions in the app do not match my Youtube account.  Also, the instructions say to enable Aircraft Live Streaming, but I was not able to find this setting in Youtube.  
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

USUAVMedia Posted at 2016-7-27 11:22
Thank you DJI for the Facebook live update.  I did a couple tests this morning and the quality was g ...

Hi, thank you for your feedback and the demonstration. The Youtube Live function still need some tweaking, we're working on it.
2016-7-27
Use props
Taylored Video
lvl.1
Flight distance : 574823 ft
  • >>>
United States

courvo Posted at 2016-6-23 13:06
Love the new feature, but I have more than one FaceBook account...how do I switch accounts?  The DJ ...

you when you click go live to enter the description click on your pic and you will see all your accounts
2016-8-5
Use props
Taylored Video
lvl.1
Flight distance : 574823 ft
  • >>>
United States

jeanlondonphoto Posted at 2016-7-22 15:24
What about sound during Facebook Live. It doesn't work for me... It shows the microphone all the way ...

ive had the same problem
2016-8-5
Use props
nguyenduyquy
New

Vietnam

That sounds great to get the live stream!
2016-8-9
Use props
percimo
New
United States

I'm still experiencing severe lag when trying to use FB live specifically. Periscope is much better. Hoping to see improvements to FB live soon.

Is the Osmo's mic input working? The strangest thing was happening, I had a microphone plugged into the Osmo's mic in, and did a recording as well as stream to Facebook live. FB live was using the Osmo's built in mic, which I could confirm by watching online on a separate device. But when I played back the recorded clip, it was using the mic I had plugged in, significantly better sounding audio. is this a bug? Could someone confirm this? thanks!

2016-8-15
Use props
davdgreatphotos
New
Flight distance : 104380 ft
  • >>>

Hey there - Recently got a new Samsung Note 7 and have the latest DJI GO app, but do not see the live view function for facebook.   Is there something I have to do to enable it?

Thanks in advance!
Dave
2016-8-19
Use props
dzonlic
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

davdgreatphotos Posted at 2016-8-19 16:13
Hey there - Recently got a new Samsung Note 7 and have the latest DJI GO app, but do not see the liv ...

only IOS, not yet on ANDROID, we all waiting few weeks....   
2016-8-27
Use props
dionisaacson
New

Australia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-26 13:04
Hi all,
The latest DJI GO App v2.8.2 supports the Facebook live streaming function. Please upgrade y ...

Hello,
I am loving the new Facebook LIVE functionality but when you go live the external mic attached input signal to the front of the Oslo stops functioning and only the phones mic that is live.

A fix in the next firmware update maybe??

Cheers and keep up the great work empowering creatives!

Dion
2016-8-27
Use props
thomasc73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5144 ft
Indonesia

Hi, still no news about DJi Osmo android Facebook live?
2016-8-31
Use props
martin_jovanosk
New

North Macedonia

Hi, Take a look at this new app, Live streaming for Youtube and Facebook -https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/live-stream-+/id1145902768?mt=8
Offical Website - https://www.yatko.com/cameleon/
2016-9-9
Use props
dzonlic
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

any news for Android???
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

No, it wont' come to Android, because Android phones can use wifi and cellular network at the same time.
2016-9-21
Use props
dzonlic
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-21 13:09
No, it wont' come to Android, because Android phones can use wifi and cellular network at the same ...

I dont understand.... all the time DJI says ....soon.. I bought OSMO because I want FB YT live and now?????

Wifi is to connect to Osmo, and GSM is for sending to net.. its terrible...
2016-10-3
Use props
ibrA71pVhn0o
New

OSMO mobile
2016-10-4
Use props
christophermdia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39662 ft
United States

So, I have been able to use Facebook Live on my Phantom 3 with the DJI Go app, but my Osmo Mobile does not give me that option, only youtube and feeble or whatever thats called. ... am I missing a setting somewhere?
2016-10-5
Use props
skyler2702
New

France

I'm like you, I don't have facebook in the choice of the streaming on my Osmo mobile...
We need wait an update of the application?

(I'm use a iPhone)
2016-10-10
Use props
tyndaler
lvl.1
Canada

I am also looking for the answer to this problem.
2016-10-14
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules