Dji Osmo - Facebook Live
70478 65521 2016-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tyndaler
lvl.1
Canada

I am also looking for the answer to this problem.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

christophermdia Posted at 2016-10-5 22:23
So, I have been able to use Facebook Live on my Phantom 3 with the DJI Go app, but my Osmo Mobile do ...

FB streaming currently is not available on Osmo Mobile, we're still working on it. Sorry
2016-10-14
Use props
haciendocinemex
New

Mexico

Android??
Not yet  . {:4_154:}
2016-10-16
Use props
loucypher
New

United Kingdom

So am I right in saying that both the original Osmo X3 and the Osmo+ do have Facebook Live as a streaming option but Osmo Mobile doesnt?
2016-10-17
Use props
tyndaler
lvl.1
Canada

Has this been addressed yet?
2016-10-19
Use props
martinjovanoski
New

North Macedonia

Try this app for directly live streaming from mobile to youtube and facebook - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/live/id1145978146?mt=8
2016-10-27
Use props
fansd26e4b9a
New

United States

We really need Android support for this.  This thing is useless until it does.  Live broadcasts are going to be an important part of our platform and the OSMO looked like a promising tool but we aren't going to switch everyone in the company over to iOS just so we can use the OSMO.

Is there an update on the horizon or is it true the OSMO will never support live broadcasting with android?  We need to invest money and time looking at other options if the OSMO is a dead end.
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fansd26e4b9a Posted at 2016-11-7 15:42
We really need Android support for this.  This thing is useless until it does.  Live broadcasts are  ...

There won't be one for Android, because Android can't use cellular network and wifi at the same time
2016-11-9
Use props
kirksl
New

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-9 17:47
There won't be one for Android, because Android can't use cellular network and wifi at the same ti ...

Why not use some sort of usb cable option between the OSMO and Android device? I, too, just bought an OSMO with the understanding it would do FBLive with my Android device. Allowing us to use a cable between OSMO and Android device would also conserve battery usage on the phone.
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

kirksl Posted at 2016-11-10 07:42
Why not use some sort of usb cable option between the OSMO and Android device? I, too, just bought ...

Sorry, that was how it was designed in the beginning, maybe next generation of Osmo will allow that
2016-11-9
Use props
fansff03e268
New

France

i just bought OSMO MOBILE - i don't know how to make Facebook live streaming - can you help me? it is possible?
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fansff03e268 Posted at 2016-12-8 20:11
i just bought OSMO MOBILE - i don't know how to make Facebook live streaming - can you help me? it is possible?

You need an iPhone for Facebook livestream on Osmo Mobile. It's not possible with Android phones
2016-12-8
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm an Android user as well, so correct me if I'm wrong... But for us, this seems to be the only decent solution for Facebook Live or Instagram (or any other live streaming app) at the moment. You will have to use it directly through the Facebook app which means you won't be able to use active track, but at least the gimbal will still stabilize your video. As much as I would enjoy having an iPhone, I just can't really justify spending upwards of $350 just so my Osmo can live stream through the GO app, especially when my current phone does nearly everything else that I need it to do.

Dji Osmo - Zenmuse M1
2017-1-7
Use props
rdvid
lvl.2

Netherlands

nomad65 Posted at 2016-5-27 07:24
Hi DJI Adela ,

mentioned earlier in this thread it's on IOS only

is youtube live streaming for the OSMO Mobile?
2017-1-7
Use props
fans0b11c727
lvl.1

United Kingdom

rdvid Posted at 2017-1-7 07:29

There is, but it's flaky as all hell - same as the Youtube live streaming:

2017-1-12
Use props
fans0b11c727
lvl.1

United Kingdom

rdvid Posted at 2017-1-7 07:29

There is both Youtube and Facebook live streaming. Neither seems to work well... https://www.facebook.com/100010736762707/videos/369306960103860/
2017-1-12
Use props
rdvid
lvl.2

Netherlands

fans0b11c727 Posted at 2017-1-12 03:00
There is both Youtube and Facebook live streaming. Neither seems to work well... https://www.facebook.com/100010736762707/videos/369306960103860/

yeah i can't see that video
2017-1-12
Use props
fans0b11c727
lvl.1

United Kingdom

rdvid Posted at 2017-1-12 04:55
yeah i can't see that video

try now - the two are, functionally identical, though.
2017-1-12
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

fans0b11c727 Posted at 2017-1-12 03:00

Is the flaky nature in respect of what users see rather than the DJI Go integration?  I tried Facebook Live mid last year and it all looked good to me but what appeared to viewers was heavily compressed which made it look poor quality especially when moving or panning, so I had to slow down things but maybe the OSMO will help that.
2017-1-13
Use props
fans0b11c727
lvl.1

United Kingdom

A1000 Posted at 2017-1-13 02:32
Is the flaky nature in respect of what users see rather than the DJI Go integration?  I tried Facebook Live mid last year and it all looked good to me but what appeared to viewers was heavily compressed which made it look poor quality especially when moving or panning, so I had to slow down things but maybe the OSMO will help that.

The sound is ridiculous, the video stuttery - basically, the settings are all wrong. Same with Youtube. Something's terribly amiss with it all. Thing is the face-follow mode is extremely useful for the live stuff, otherwise I'd be using both YT's and FB's native apps and only stabilisation. It's kind of important they fix this quickly.
2017-1-13
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry, I had watched it on very low volume and while out and about so assumed the sound was at my end (or that that was how you sound naturally ;-)  ).  The picture quality seemed in line with my experience last year but I was out and about on 4G in Europe and I assumed the quality was a mix of bandwidth constraints and FB compression.  I've just tried both the DJI Go app and the FB app and I get a similar result to yourself using the DJI Go app and a more flowing result using the FB app (although the picture quality was noticeably better but wasn't too much better). My test was while on a 200Mb connection so any degradation has to be either the apps or FB.

It tends to show that the DJI Go app has a few problems currently which as you say need fixing quickly.  Sadly, I'm finding that whilst the DJI Go app has some great potential functionality, it really is struggling to deliver it and I'm increasingly resorting to 3rd party apps which mainly don't have the integration which is a real disappointment.
2017-1-13
Use props
fans94b26e3e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 926135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor!!! A quick question for you since you keep informing us Android users that it is not Possible to live stream with an Android device and Osmo..... DJI have just released the NEW P4 Pro+ and it is fitted with surprise an Android device and it can Live stream, so how is it possible for 1 DJI Product to live stream with Android but not another?????
2017-1-21
Use props
fansfdb3ff82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 487992 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans94b26e3e Posted at 2017-1-21 13:23
DJI Thor!!! A quick question for you since you keep informing us Android users that it is not Possible to live stream with an Android device and Osmo..... DJI have just released the NEW P4 Pro+ and it is fitted with surprise an Android device and it can Live stream, so how is it possible for 1 DJI Product to live stream with Android but not another?????

Following...
2017-2-8
Use props
TKMF
New

United States

Hi, is it possible to stream Facebook live and Youtube live at the same time with Osmo ?
2017-2-9
Use props
fansfdb3ff82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 487992 ft
  • >>>
United States

Following...
2017-2-21
Use props
EdSvcs
New
United States

Has anyone found a solution? Switching to iPhone is not a good option for me... I need to make it work with my Galaxy Note 4. Being connected by WiFi is pretty cool except for this ... it would be great if the OSMO+ could just join an existing WiFi network as that would allow for having it and the phone both connected to your internet WiFi or we could put the phone in Hotspot mode in which the OSMO+ could connect to the phone's WiFi while the phone uses cellular data..
2017-2-27
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

percimo Posted at 2016-8-15 17:43
I'm still experiencing severe lag when trying to use FB live specifically. Periscope is much better. Hoping to see improvements to FB live soon.

Is the Osmo's mic input working? The strangest thing was happening, I had a microphone plugged into the Osmo's mic in, and did a recording as well as stream to Facebook live. FB live was using the Osmo's built in mic, which I could confirm by watching online on a separate device. But when I played back the recorded clip, it was using the mic I had plugged in, significantly better sounding audio. is this a bug? Could someone confirm this? thanks!

As soon as you hit live, you will see the "ext" disappear from the mic, so there is a glitch that doesn't allow external mic, that is really a bummer to me, I am having other audio related issues that are killing me too.
2017-3-1
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

following ....
2017-3-2
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

skyler2702 Posted at 2016-10-10 03:37
I'm like you, I don't have facebook in the choice of the streaming on my Osmo mobile...
We need wait an update of the application?

I've been using my iPhone 6 with my Osmo Pro and it has worked though not without issues
2017-3-2
Use props
experience
New

Poland

Hello Guys,
Facebook LiveStreaming works great for me on iOS.
I just wondering is it possible to stream to Workplace by Facebook.
We are using this platform in the company and will be really fantastic if we can use DJI Devices to stream directly to Workplace.

Is it or will be possible?

Adam
2017-3-3
Use props
fans6951a3b8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1127654 ft
Greece

Hi guys... When start livestream to facebook or youtube with my osmo plus from my AIR PAD 2 the mic from osmo is mute- dead!!! Where is the problem???
2017-3-3
Use props
Steven brooks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 854380 ft
South Africa

Why isn't livestreaming availiable on my osmo with a Samsung s6 edge plus but it works on iPhone.  Please please please. I have the latest version
2017-3-17
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Steven brooks Posted at 2017-3-17 23:07
Why isn't livestreaming availiable on my osmo with a Samsung s6 edge plus but it works on iPhone.  Please please please. I have the latest version

Since your phone connects to the Osmo through WiFi you can't do Facebook live with it on Android, Android isn't allowing WiFi and cellular connection at the same time.
2017-3-18
Use props
Spphoto
New
Flight distance : 111145 ft
Australia

Has anyone found a way of using an external mic with FB live on Osmo+.....?
2017-3-19
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now that FB Live is available through the Facebook Pages app, I was able to live stream to our business page from an iPhone SE mounted on my Osmo Mobile over wifi. I couldn't get HD streaming quality, but the results were acceptable and the osmo gimbal was great. Walking through the door while filming on the Osmo was especially fun.

Facebook Live Osmo Mobile over Wifi
2017-3-20
Use props
fans1c8a3719
New
India

dzonlic@gmail.c Posted at 2016-10-3 08:40
I dont understand.... all the time DJI says ....soon.. I bought OSMO because I want FB YT live and now?????

Wifi is to connect to Osmo, and GSM is for sending to net.. its terrible...

Agreed, I too have an Android device and was looking to use it go live on YT. This is so depressing.
2017-3-28
Use props
Nweeks
New
United States

Quick question can you stream a live video with osmo with a non active phone?
2017-3-31
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

Did they resolve the external Mic Issue yet?
2017-4-25
Use props
fans31c92713
New
United States

I recently did a Facebook live with the osmo plus, it was horrible, no one could see or hear us. Does anyone know if it is possible to connect the osmo to wifi and not use the cell phone cellular network while streaming? We bought business internet for this specific use so it could handle the stream. I love the camera just wish I could use it functionally for live feeds, specific to Facebook.
2017-5-18
Use props
Picturehouse
New
Flight distance : 2749 ft
Malaysia

So, has the problem for android users been resolved? Can we perform live video streaming to Youtube or FB?

Please DJI, help us resolve this issue.
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules