Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor lifespan
1790 11 2016-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david.spencer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all, to cut a long story short my inspire crashed after 400 hours of unblemished use (my fault), the insurance company have repaired it but while is was being repaired I asked them to replace the 4 motors at my cost as mine had the original motors on. They was going to replace one motor but I didn't see the point of having one motor with 0 hours on it and the other 3 with 400 and they were the original inspire motors (version 1). My question is whats the lifespan in your opinion of the motors and is there any other parts I need to be concerned about as it gets older? I am thinking with 4 new motors which is the most important moving part, my inspire is as good as new???????

Kind regards,
Dave
2016-5-26
Use props
leanlinao
First Officer
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

Did it say motor obstructed when you crashed or just turned off or what kind of error did you get?
2016-5-27
Use props
leanlinao
First Officer
Philippines

Or was it the bearing?
2016-5-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it was wise to replace all 4, but brushless motors can run for years as long as they don't ever overheat.
2016-5-27
Use props
leanlinao
First Officer
Philippines

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-5-27 19:17
I think it was wise to replace all 4, but brushless motors can run for years as long as they don't e ...

What happened exactly when you crashed?
What kind of temperature do you fly on usually?
Also what kind of propeller do you use?
1st 2nd or latest?

Thanks
2016-5-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

leanlinao Posted at 2016-5-27 06:25
Did it say motor obstructed when you crashed or just turned off or what kind of error did you get?

I think he said it was his fault, pilot error.
2016-5-28
Use props
leanlinao
First Officer
Philippines

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-5-28 19:13
I think he said it was his fault, pilot error.

Oh so looks like the motors are bullet proof to 1000 hours
2016-5-28
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Brushless motors don't wear out - they have no moving parts in them!
Only the bearings need replacing
2016-5-28
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Brushless motors don't wear out - they have no moving parts in them!
Only the bearings need replacing
2016-5-28
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Late reply, been away. I stupidly had a dumb moment and after filming a construction site i landed it to change battery. Changed the battery and stuck it in a hover while i checked everything on the screen, kept my eye on the screen and pushed up, didnt realise i was under a tree and it hit the tree before coming back down to earth, like i said a dumb moment.
2016-5-30
Use props
SkyLens Aerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3879088 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone, We have just had a motor "stop working" in mid air while hovering. DJI have agreed its their error and have offered free replacement of the I1. I think this shows that it is possible for motors to fail and to always ensure you never fly over anyone that isn't working with you! Fair play to DJI support though they were quick to analyse data we sent them online and offer to replace for free!
2016-5-30
Use props
leanlinao
First Officer
Philippines

SkyLens Aerial  Posted at 2016-5-31 15:48
Hi everyone, We have just had a motor "stop working" in mid air while hovering. DJI have agreed its  ...

Did you have any addon or payload to the inspire? Even stickers? They are the biggest cause of motor obstruction.
2016-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules