Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
lightbridge 2 & DJI Focus
2425 14 2016-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hamid.ebrahimi6
lvl.2

United States

Hello
Why lightbridge 2,does not support DJI Focus ?

Why not this into consideration?( R&D unit??)
2016-5-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I believe further clarification is needed. What platform are you planning to use Lightbridge 2 and the DJI Focus with?
2016-5-29
Use props
hamid.ebrahimi6
lvl.2

Iran

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-30 04:21
I believe further clarification is needed. What platform are you planning to use Lightbridge 2 and t ...

Hello , Platform : M600-RONIN MX
2016-5-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

hamid.ebrahimi6 Posted at 2016-5-30 18:22
Hello , Platform : M600-RONIN MX

Hello.
M600 Ronin-MX system is compatible with DJI-Focus.

Thanks.
2016-5-30
Use props
hamid.ebrahimi6
lvl.2

Iran

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-31 11:35
Hello.
M600 Ronin-MX system is compatible with DJI-Focus.

Hello
So you mean that the lightbridge 2 is not Radio Control M600 .
If you mean, why does the photo in this link http://www.dji.com/product/matrice600 Has been introduced A3 & LIGHTBRIGE 2 INSIDE ?
I've read all the instructions related to your products , Such as : M600 ,DJI Focus, LIGHTBRIGE 2, A3, But there is no mention of this issue.
Please note my question
Why lightbridge 2,does not support DJI Focus ?

Why not this into consideration?( R&D unit??)

Thanks for your response

2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

hamid.ebrahimi6 Posted at 2016-5-31 19:54
Hello
So you mean that the lightbridge 2 is not Radio Control M600 .
If you mean, why does the phot ...

Because this is such a new product, the manuals have not been updated to include the DJI Focus/M600/Ronin MX combination, however, we have confirmed that this combination will be compatible. It is correct that the M600 has an A3 Flight Controller and Lightbridge 2 is already installed onto the frame, however, this does not effect the installation of the DJI Focus.

Essentially you will use the standard Ronin/ Focus motor connection on the Ronin MX itself, while you would have the Focus Remote connected to the Lightbridge 2 controller the same way as you would with the Inspire 1 (via the CanBus connection).

2016-5-31
Use props
hamid.ebrahimi6
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-31 09:57
Because this is such a new product, the manuals have not been updated to include the DJI Focus/M60 ...

According to these photos, There is no CAN port

RC M600

RC M600

RC LB2

RC LB2

RC INSPIRE

RC INSPIRE
2016-6-2
Use props
hamid.ebrahimi6
lvl.2

United States

you said : Essentially you will use the standard Ronin/ Focus motor connection on the Ronin MX itself, while you would have the Focus Remote connected to the Lightbridge 2 controller the same way as you would with the Inspire 1 (via the CanBus connection).
it does not exist
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

hamid.ebrahimi6 Posted at 2016-6-3 03:22
you said : Essentially you will use the standard Ronin/ Focus motor connection on the Ronin MX itsel ...

I do apologize for the misinformation. There would be eventual compatibility with this set up, since the M600/Ronin MX is a new aerial combination. M600/Ronin MX customers are still awaiting the SRW60 component to complete the FPV connection between the gimbal and Lightbridge 2, further information on the use of current accessories with the M600/Ronin MX would be made available in the future once North American customers are able to completely use this set up as intended.
2016-6-2
Use props
hamid.ebrahimi6
lvl.2

Iran

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-3 00:49
I do apologize for the misinformation. There would be eventual compatibility with this set up, sin ...

2. What is the SRW-60G? Why do I need that?
The SRW-60G is an accessory designed for short-range (approx. 10m) video transmission. It enables video data to be transmitted from the camera to the Lightbridge 2, giving the pilot a live HD view of the camera on the M600. By using different types of transmission cables, you can also use the SRW-60G as a short range video transmitter for other uses than with the Ronin-MX. The SRW-60G unit is prohibited for flight in North America.

So, why mention it here not to DJI focus ?
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

hamid.ebrahimi6 Posted at 2016-6-3 13:40
The SRW-60G is an accessory designed for short-range (a ...

Hello.
The SRW-60G is used with the Red camera.

Thanks.
2016-6-3
Use props
hamid.ebrahimi6
lvl.2

Iran

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-3 13:35
Hello.

Hello .
I thought you might did not aware.
Please carefully read the questions and answers.
Thanks
2016-6-3
Use props
hamid.ebrahimi6
lvl.2

Iran

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-3 13:35
Hello.

What is your speciality ?
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

hamid.ebrahimi6 Posted at 2016-6-3 13:40
The SRW-60G is an accessory designed for short-range (a ...

To clarify, the M600/ Ronin MX combination does not currently have all its accessories (like the SRW-60 to complete the FPV connection) in order to work as intended. As you had speculated, the compatibility of the DJI Focus with this set up is still with R&D, since this is still a new product combination. More information on other compatible accessories would be made available once all the necessary components to use this set up have been made readily available.
2016-6-3
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-3 07:43
To clarify, the M600/ Ronin MX combination does not currently have all its accessories (like the SRW-60 to complete the FPV connection) in order to work as intended. As you had speculated, the compatibility of the DJI Focus with this set up is still with R&D, since this is still a new product combination. More information on other compatible accessories would be made available once all the necessary components to use this set up have been made readily available.

Jamie…  I was looking up something and came across this thread which I remember because I thought that guy was being a little harsh on ya'll.  However, looking back at your very own comments do you see how we could feel incredibly betrayed about the M600 and it's complete failure for its first 6 months on the market (I think it only lasted 9).  DJI put the cart before the horse on this one,  and it personally lost us so much business as we were simply not able to compete with those who went with other systems.  The Pro system announcement,  which of course fixed the problems with the M600, will likely go down in drone lore as the largest consumer kick in the pants in the history of the industry .   I really don't think I'll ever get over it from a consumer standpoint  especially because DJI didn't say a thing as we waited 5 months (yes count em) for an adequate firmware edition to come out and relieve some of the issues the M600 had while touting the latest and greatest Pro version… This of course is not your fault in the least,  you were just relaying that information.  However for those of you mods at DJI who want to know why some can be a little aggressive at times (and yes certainly from me at times),  is because this incident put us back at least 6 months or more in trying to develop our large format clients.  As well,  you can imagine showing up to a packed set only to find out the M600 wouldn't activate as it was not yet compatible with ios upon launch day.   An entire day rate in the trash,  a reputation that took a major hit,  and a financial loss that our company almost didn't overcome.  In all honesty,  the iOS not working was likely the best thing that every happened,  because the M600 with that firmware,  on a professional shoot,  would probably have made as look even worse……  

Sorry for the rant,  but this thread takes me back as it STILL is that sensitive of a topic.  Shame DJI didn't just  help those US M600 purchasers out…..Instead they put us through hell in trying to return the drone.   That's another story altogether,  and an amazing one at that.
2017-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules