Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Video Lag/Delay help!
12Next >
41414 72 2016-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thomasneumann10
lvl.1

United States

Hi I recently got a p3 advanced a month or so ago and updated everything and was flying great for a week or 2.

Now i seem to have a terrible lag/delay and distorted video stream to my iphone 6 and it makes me not want to fly at any range because it is really bad.
Ive tried Re linking rc,
clearing cacge
auto cleanup
enable/disable hardware decoding

and still nothing. thinking about reinstalling firmware but wanted to see if anyother users are having this issue. I am on the latest djgo app and all firmware updates.

Ive made sure i have useable space on phone, closed all apps, and even took off my case incase it was getting hot (in florida)

any ideads would be great.

Cheers!
2016-5-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Because the iPhone 6 has an A8 processor, you would want to have Hardware Decoding enabled. Have you checked your transmissions setting to see whether you have a if set to Auto or Custom? Does switching to a single channel help the distortion issue? Is the RC's antenna set to an optimized position? Is your iPhone up to date with the latest operating system? Do you recall this issue occurring after a firmware or software update?
2016-5-29
Use props
thomasneumann10
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-30 07:07
Because the iPhone 6 has an A8 processor, you would want to have Hardware Decoding enabled. Have you ...

I have tried ever channel and constantly get unstable in random slots (does this have to do with image transmission at all)

i can have the drone on in my house and be one foot away and image its cutting in and out and way behind like 5 seconds atleast.

I have decoding enabled, everything rc drone phone latest version up to date.

was wondering if a reinstall would be necessary. I had the firmware.bin file on the card the whole time
and im not sure if i was suppose to delete that after installation and maybe it has caused problems.
2016-5-30
Use props
bluegrassaudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18196 ft
United States

Baldo81 Posted at 2016-5-30 13:03
it's a known issue with the latest 2.8.2 DJO GO app... http://forum.dji.com/thread-53637-9-1.html

I just started having delayed ' lag video with full signal starting yesterday. Then today I decided to fly and the drone was fine other than the laggy video until it decided to just take off by itself while around 100ft high like I was holding the forward stick. I was able to use the return to home feature (thankfully) since the video feed was so poor I could not see where the drone was anymore. I got the drone back and was able to manually land (crash) as it kept trying to fly away on its on????? Any ideas?? Phantom3 pro
2016-5-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bluegrassaudio Posted at 2016-5-31 01:14
I just started having delayed ' lag video with full signal starting yesterday. Then today I decide ...

Just to confirm, could you happen to confirm what iOS version you have? Once the firmware has been successfully updated, you would remove the .Bin file from the SD card. Leaving the .Bin file on the card could make the aircraft reattempt the firmware update.

Do you happen to see any error messages such as "Weak Transmission Signal" or anything to that effect prior to the incident? Were there any error messages prior to the unit attempting to take off? If the unit incurred any physical damages due to the crash, it would be best to contact the North American Repair Center in order to have the issue taken care of via a RMA.
2016-5-31
Use props
bluegrassaudio
lvl.1

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-1 00:25
Just to confirm, could you happen to confirm what iOS version you have? Once the firmware has been ...

No error messages , all was normal  before flight.    Luckily no damage occurred while landing the bird. I'm just scared to use the DJI app until we are told the fix is completely tested and applied. I don't like the idea of my investment flying away by itself because of a software issue I have no control over.  
2016-5-31
Use props
bluegrassaudio
lvl.1

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-1 00:25
Just to confirm, could you happen to confirm what iOS version you have? Once the firmware has been ...

IOS 9.3.2 is my current version
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bluegrassaudio Posted at 2016-6-1 06:36
IOS 9.3.2 is my current version

It seems odd that there weren't any error messages. Have you checked your Flight Record in the DJI Go app for any messages that you may not have seen during the flight? What kind of area were you flying in? Could you confirm which Phantom 3 model you have and what Apple device you are using?
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

thomasneumann10 Posted at 2016-5-31 00:18
I have tried ever channel and constantly get unstable in random slots (does this have to do with i ...

I'm hoping you could also confirm which iOS version you have on your iPhone, what Phantom 3 Model and whether or not you're receiving any error messages such as "Weak Transmission Error" or anything to that effect.
2016-6-1
Use props
bluegrassaudio
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-1 11:10
It seems odd that there weren't any error messages. Have you checked your Flight Record in the DJI ...

I pad pro and P3 pro. It did not matter where I was , the problem was the same.  Flight record showed no errors
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bluegrassaudio Posted at 2016-6-2 05:55
I pad pro and P3 pro. It did not matter where I was , the problem was the same.  Flight record sho ...

So as of right now, here are some things you can do to ensure that there is a solid Lightbridge connection between your aircraft and RC:

Reset your RC using the following button commands:

- Turn on the controller, and leave the aircraft off.
- Press and hold C1, C2, and Shutter on the controller, which will generate a quick audio queue, then turn the controller off while still holding the buttons.
- When you turn the RC back on, this should remove any presets that could be hindering the transmission signal to the aircraft.

After that I would recommend relinking the RC to the aircraft using the instructions on page 28 of the manual.

As far as app related troubleshooting, please update to the latest DJI Go app for the iOS (2.8.3) and have the following settings:

-Enable Hardware Decoding
-Reduce the Transmission Quality to the lowest setting

For any potential drifting issues, I would recommend an IMU calibration before you perform another compass calibration.

Please let me know if you see any changes.
2016-6-1
Use props
thomasneumann10
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-2 07:09
So as of right now, here are some things you can do to ensure that there is a solid Lightbridge co ...

I still have the issue. I tried everything you have. I am on 9.3.2 and aircraft controller and phone are on latest version.

I have not been able to try away from my house as of now.

Im getting 7-12 signal shows in the app. I do have high powered phone lines pretty close maybe this is causing it?

I get constant 3-6 second lag and image cutting in and out.

similar to that pixelation etc and sometimes cuts allthe way out for a seconds or two

Also there is atleast a 3-6 second delay when turning the quad at any distance, and gimbal up and down

can i tell the frequency waves in my area that might be interupting somehow? i have no idea. but i dont feel safe flying like this
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

thomasneumann10 Posted at 2016-7-9 05:29
I still have the issue. I tried everything you have. I am on 9.3.2 and aircraft controller and pho ...

Phone lines may contribute to image quality, but could you clarify for me if the video is from your Cache or directly from the SD card?
2016-7-8
Use props
thomasneumann10
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-9 06:00
Phone lines may contribute to image quality, but could you clarify for me if the video is from you ...

It is while im looking at it live and it shows slightly on sd card. sometimes worse than others,

while trying to record through it sometimes ive had to delete video after watching oon my computer because it chops out.

And ive also only had my drone a couple months and ive only flown it maybe 6 times for full time
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

thomasneumann10 Posted at 2016-7-9 06:25
It is while im looking at it live and it shows slightly on sd card. sometimes worse than others,

Since this issue seems to persist, I would recommend having the unit sent in for further diagnostics and a potential repair. Have you been in contact with the North American Support Center as well?
2016-7-8
Use props
jason.jett
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-8 22:17
Since this issue seems to persist, I would recommend having the unit sent in for further diagnosti ...

Im having this exact same issue! Even if the unit is in my house and I turn it on..it is acting up. If I touch the gimble up or down. The video transmission is horrible. I have a replacement model from DJI I got about 4 days ago. I will go through the steps you recommend and see if it fixes it. What this user is describing is exactly what I am experiencing.
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jason.jett@live Posted at 2016-7-9 11:36
Im having this exact same issue! Even if the unit is in my house and I turn it on..it is acting up ...

There could always be a chance of interference when indoors, does it do the same thing outside? Can you confirm whether you have the same Phantom model as the OP or is it different? Could you provide a small video of how bad it is outside? Do you have your previous RMA number?
2016-7-8
Use props
jason.jett
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-8 23:46
There could always be a chance of interference when indoors, does it do the same thing outside? Ca ...

I have a phantom 3 professional. I just did a IMU calibration and a Gimbal calibration and I had a really good flight and no transmission issues at all. Would a IMU calibration help with transmission issues?

Yes I was outside when I had the bad connection issues. I do have video but my flight was too long to upload. I will take a short one tomorrow if this continues. I can get my RMA number from email if I need it.

But tonights flight after doing everthing you recommended seems to help. Atleast for the first flight after making sure all settings were what you said to do and doing the calibration.

Tomorrow morning I will update.
2016-7-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jason.jett@live Posted at 2016-7-9 15:03
I have a phantom 3 professional. I just did a IMU calibration and a Gimbal calibration and I had a ...

The issue will most likely be to do with your phone or tablet, what one do you have? The IMU has nothing to do with image transmission problems.
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jason.jett@live Posted at 2016-7-9 13:03
I have a phantom 3 professional. I just did a IMU calibration and a Gimbal calibration and I had a ...

The IMU's job is to ensure all the sensors are accurate, so it may be plausible. I'm glad to hear all seems well so far.
2016-7-8
Use props
Mafia16
Captain
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-8 23:46
There could always be a chance of interference when indoors, does it do the same thing outside? Ca ...

i have the same exact issue with my phantom 3 advance
2016-7-9
Use props
jason.jett
lvl.1

United States

So today took a flight. First thing is It gave me a couple of warnings about compass not being right. Then after I took off the video clearly had the same issues after about 30 seconds into flight. Where do I need to upload flight logs and how do I upload the video so it shows you exactly what I am seeing when in flight? I am also getting weak transmission issues with it only being 395 ft in the sir straight above me. I do have the attenas positioned correctly and no issues that see like a likely problem with the rc.
2016-7-9
Use props
jason.jett
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-7-9 01:38
The issue will most likely be to do with your phone or tablet, what one do you have? The IMU has no ...

I have a iphone 6plus that is fully updated to the latest software. 9.3.2 My controller is on 1.6 my go app is 2.8.4 my bird is on 1.9.60 I am fully up to date and my iphone is in excellant shape.
2016-7-9
Use props
jason.jett
lvl.1

United States

OK  when I go back and view the video it  looks smooth and very good. However during flight viewing through my phone is almost pointless. Any thoughts on this?
2016-7-9
Use props
jason.jett
lvl.1

United States

http://healthydrones.com/main?fl ... ENERALNotifications
2016-7-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

OK, looking at Healthydrones, that indicates the data downlink was patchy, which would explain the choppiness you are seeing. This could be due to interferencve in the area you are flying, antenna point issues or anything that affects reception of rthe downlink.

'OK  when I go back and view the video it  looks smooth and very good. However during flight viewing through my phone is almost pointless. Any thoughts on this?'

Are you viewing that through the phone later on, or from the SD card? You will probably find the SD card verasion is OK.
2016-7-9
Use props
jason.jett
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-7-9 18:27
OK, looking at Healthydrones, that indicates the data downlink was patchy, which would explain the  ...

This is when I am fying. There is a sd card in the drone that is in the air. and I am holding the remote. I fly here all the time. It is at my house. I have tried moving the antennas all around. There is no interference. This only started with the new drone. It has been flawless before this.
2016-7-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jason.jett@live Posted at 2016-7-10 11:12
This is when I am fying. There is a sd card in the drone that is in the air. and I am holding the  ...

OK, when you say there is no interference, how do you know that?
2016-7-9
Use props
jason.jett
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-7-9 21:33
OK, when you say there is no interference, how do you know that?

Based on the fact that I have made over 38 flights from here and have been able to fly more than 4300 ft away with my previous bird and no issues at all. none!!! Tonight I took flight again. Started off to be the best flight yet. It was super nice. All video was there and everything was working perfectly. I even tested return to home and it worked perfectly. AND THEN. All signal for video was lost and it asked me to return to home. I refused trying to see if I could get signal for video back. Then it lost all signal and forced landed itself. I was obviously in VLOS and landed it in a clear path. Here is the flight log. Although I dont see any of the issues there but it only shows up until 11 minutes I believe...not sure why. Any help. At this point I think I am going to open up a ticket through DJI. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
2016-7-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jason.jett@live Posted at 2016-7-10 13:40
Based on the fact that I have made over 38 flights from here and have been able to fly more than 4 ...

'AND THEN.'

This ^ is a classic symptom of interference. The flight is going well and then alll of a sudden you lose signal.
2016-7-9
Use props
Mafia16
Captain
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I dont know how to figure it out these problem i have same issue with my phantom 3 on iOS too
2016-7-10
Use props
thomasneumann10
lvl.1

United States

Guys i think i am on to somethen here.

Please try it and let me know.

When i switch to PAL video mode in the settings where the resolution is and stuff it says "resetting camera to use this mode" (or somthen like that)

Then there is NO delay at all. I switch it back to ntsc (which is primarily used in US) the problem comes right back..

It is about to storm so cant test outside now but inside is a HUGE difference. I switch to pal and use gimbal up and down it responds right away,
i switch to ntsc mode and BAM 5-10 seconds of delay and flickering video.

Please let me know if PAL messes with performance. I read that it has different uses and lowers fps and is used on older things.

Please and thank you.

please try this aswell if you r having same issues as me..
2016-7-12
Use props
thomasneumann10
lvl.1

United States

And also, it seems as if my phone gets hot on ntsc mode. IT could also be working on pal if my phones processing is being overworked to hard and pal could be easier on it. But i have an iphone 6 which i think would be plenty good enough.

Ive even tried in ntsc with case off everything closed airplane mode and  a fan blowing on high on it to keep it super cool. and the video is still horrendous and super delayed/flickering every second
2016-7-12
Use props
thomasneumann10
lvl.1

United States

Actually i just tried it and it didnt seem to be a permanent solution. iT Seems like restting it that way temporarily fixes it but then it goes back to its ways after a few moments or a minute.

All i can think of is my phone is the problem (why tho)

and i will try a dif phone and get back to here.
2016-7-12
Use props
thomasneumann10
lvl.1

United States

I took off the ginbal and disconnected the two wires and re plugged them in firmly. Seems to be working perfect now. I will keep you posted when i fly later today
2016-7-23
Use props
thomasneumann10
lvl.1

United States

This did work by the way. ive tested it several times. before i could get mabe 200 meters

and took it out the first time to 1200 wow. not sure the distance its capable of but this seemed far.

2016-7-23
Use props
gafkjen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21332 ft
United States

thomasneumann10 Posted at 2016-7-23 19:40
This did work by the way. ive tested it several times. before i could get mabe 200 meters

and took  ...

I've had this problem too and tried 2 different ios devices with the same issue.  turns out I was using the same cable... It was an apple cable, but a really old one.  weird.  I have a battery case on my iphone that outputs to micro usb.  I used the dji cable it came with and we're back in business.
2016-7-26
Use props
Ahmet67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 984852 ft
Turkey

thomasneumann10 Posted at 2016-7-24 02:40

and took  ...

hi

ive tried this

Switching to PAL mode fixes the video lag (moving cam left right or up and down works perfect) but i tried to take a photo and it started to lag again, and also tried to record a video it lags more...

I havent tried to disconnect gimbal (unplugging the cable) if i got it right from your comment
2016-7-27
Use props
Ahmet67
lvl.1
Turkey

ok ive tried the cable thing, unplugged the one on the gimbal while the drone is on. then connected the cable back again. bingo ! all works perfect atm!!
2016-7-27
Use props
Ahmet67
lvl.1
Turkey

info:

ive tried 2nd option;

unplugged the cable that goes to gimbal (while drone is on) then plugged it back in.

perfect now!!!

Thx for the tips "thomasneumann10"
2016-7-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules