Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NOT AGAIN! After 2.8.2 Upgrade, The video Transmission is BAD!
1487 6 2016-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
net_box
lvl.4
United States

I just can not believe I left the updater on, so it updated the Go App to 2.8.2.
But now, my video is bad.  I get constant green screens, the video freezes all the time, so I am afraid to fly the Phantom 4.Everything else stayed constant, including location.

I am going to ask for my money back because I am convinced that they do not have a proper software regression test in place:

I used to work as a software engineer for a large corp, and we had to go through a complete, documented  regression testing after each upgrade.
This included items which were directly affected by the upgrade, as well as, other items which were not directly affected, but there
was a chance the latest update may affect their performance.  I can not believe that DJI has such a regression test in place.

How can they miss this major flaw in the upgrade?

Do they have suffecient staff, or end users performing a compete. consistent documented regression test after each upgrade?
(not just a fw people flying it around)
Is it possible that this is a way to get third party paid apps upon us, by making the free app buggy?

I was planning a major filming event and now I have to cancel!

Is there a way to go back to 2.8.1?

I am very upset, just as I was starting to like using the phantom 4.
I use an iphone 6 plus and it was working perfectly using the last app version.  As soon as the app updated, my video transmission has deteriorated badly, to the point I can not fly it.

2016-5-30
Use props
bluegrassaudio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18196 ft
United States

Same here.  Mine auto updated and now I can't even fly it's so bad. Not happy
2016-5-30
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why all the drama? Just follow this to downgrade - http://www.idownloadblog.com/201 ... rsions-of-ios-apps/ - Might take you a few goes but will solve your issue.
2016-5-30
Use props
pete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 630486 ft

sploodge Posted at 2016-5-31 01:58
Why all the drama? Just follow this to downgrade - http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/12/25/how-to-do ...

Thanks Sploodge  
Tough to do for an old guy, I seen this in a different thread.
But this did in fact work for me, just a few less hairs at the end.
Just flew 3/4 of a mile in town with no problems.
2016-5-30
Use props
david.p.mann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

sploodge Posted at 2016-5-30 12:58
Why all the drama? Just follow this to downgrade - http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/12/25/how-to-do ...

Yeah - that's a real straightforward app downgrade procedure - NOT!

Sploodge - we appreciate the input, but this downgrade procedure is a bit much.  Got to be a simpler way.
2016-5-30
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

But I have a windows pc only!  I guess it workes for Windows too.....I have no patience for this, but Iguess I have to go back to my old days and hack around....

Why can't they just downgrade the app in the app store?

It's obvious they released a crappy version, they should just recall it.
That's what we had to do in th eold days when we goofed.  
We accepted the fact that we goofed, and since we had to perform real regression testing for a new version,
we recalled the crappy update, and took our time to get the next version to work properly.

2016-5-30
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

I downgraded mine to 2.8.1 and the video issues are gone.
I just lost confidence though that they have a good development team in place.
(This reminds me of 1995)

LESSONS LEARNED:

DO NOT -EVER - TURN ON Automatic Updates on the phantoms.

If it works, don't luck with it.
The downgrade is fairly easy, and I used it on windows pc.  Just practice how to stop the app
download before you try it.  Eveyrhing else is very easy to follow.  The number you
want to replace is: 817278603  Just copy it from here, and you can skip the first steps. Just
paste it and it will download the 2.8.1 (last working app version).

2016-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules