New Guy Just Got Phantom 2.. GoPro 4 Question
2268 5 2015-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SanDiegoGuy
New

United States

Hey Guys

I have read a lot of great info on here, and it helped me decided to make my first drone purchase.

I got the Phantom 2 package deal with the new style gimble.  I also already have a GoPro 4 hero black.

Question...  I understand the wifi with the gorpro cant be used with the phone apply because it will interfere with the drone.

Can someone please point me in the right direction, of how i could be able to see the video feed from my phone with a recommendation of an app to use?

A link or tutorial would be great!

Thank you!

2015-1-20
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Since you have the phantom2 h3-3D there is no App for fpv, the phantom2 dont offer you FPV. You have to invest in an analog Video transmitter, receiver and a monitor with analog video-in. If you have the Phantom Vision you can just use your smartphone, it wont interfere with the camera. I thought you have informed yourself about this before?
2015-1-20
Use props
SanDiegoGuy
New

United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-1-21 02:46
Since you have the phantom2 h3-3D there is no App for fpv, the phantom2 dont offer you FPV. You have ...

Thanks for the reply Daninho.

I did some research, but made the incorrect assumption there had to be a work around for this that has been discovered.  

I use my GoPro a lot dirt biking and mtn biking, so i definitely wanted to get this instead of the vision plus for that reason.

I will look into the analog video transmitters.  Its not a huge deal and wont be super bummed if i cant get it to work.

Thanks
2015-1-20
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

SanDiegoGuy Posted at 2015-1-21 04:13
Thanks for the reply Daninho.

I did some research, but made the incorrect assumption there had to ...

There are FPV kits available, for example from fatshark with special video goggles. Those have the video transmitter build in. I would definately get FPV for your P2, the Phantom is already made for FPV. The Zenmuse has the integrated live out USB cable. I would also get the iOSD mini modul, its a "must buy" i would say.
2015-1-20
Use props
sandiegobusa.em
New

United States

Thanks Daninho

I set it up for its first flight yesterday, and it did well.  Gotta admit, its pretty darn stressful launching $1k into the air at first when you don't know what your doing, but the controls are very intuitive, and was going ok in no time.

This is my first drone, and i am totally brand new to this, so still researching and reading everything i can.

I downloaded the users manual, and read it and such, but they should really make a Phantom 2 for Dummys version!  

Right now, i have:
-Phantom 2
-HD3-3D Gimbal
-Hero 4 Black (will small piece of paper inside the gimbal to offset it just a tad so side button won't be pressed.

Looking to add a FPV system of some sort just to see where the camera is facing and make sure i am getting the right angle.  Does not need to be a super fancy setup with an expensive monitor and such.

Looking forward to making some great videos.
2015-1-21
Use props
goncalo
Banned

Portugal

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules