Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Z-15 GH4-Balancing
1726 8 2016-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
s
New
United States

Can anyone from DJI please assist me, I have received this brand new replacement unit thats having major balancing issues but providing flawless feed and shutter functionality only issues I have are horizon is always off and the gimbal is very out of balance both roll and pan. I would love it if possible to skype and not have to send my unit in, as I have some very important jobs this week.
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
Are you using the Z15-GH4 on a Ronin or Ronin-M?
About the balancing, please watch the official tutorial in our website: http://www.dji.com/product/ronin/info#video

Thanks.
2016-6-2
Use props
fdproductions
New
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-3 12:19
Hello.
Are you using the Z15-GH4 on a Ronin or Ronin-M?
About the balancing, please watch the offi ...

Adela, I am using a Z-15
2016-6-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

While we do not recommend users balance the Zen, it can be done.  With the camera and lens installed on the gimbal you will need to adjust the gimbal mounts to allow for a perfect balance in all three axis.  It may take two people to do it accurately.  
2016-6-5
Use props
santorini95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126896 ft
South Korea

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-6-6 13:03
While we do not recommend users balance the Zen, it can be done.  With the camera and lens install ...

Hello Tahoe_Ed
i also have question.
Zenmuse GH4(HD) gimbal was quite well worked in spite of  unbalanced roll axis in power off.
i adjusted for pitch axis. so, pitch axis is well balanced in power off.
In roll axis, horizontal level is ok, but, when i made roll axis to oblique by my  hand in power off, gimbal return to horizontal line.  
can i still use as no problem in this roll axis unbalanced conditon?
In field drone flight, video results was very well.   
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

santorini95 Posted at 2016-6-30 15:16
Hello Tahoe_Ed
i also have question.
Zenmuse GH4(HD) gimbal was quite well worked in spite of  un ...

If the unit is unbalanced, then motor wear will incur more rapidly.
2016-6-30
Use props
santorini95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126896 ft
South Korea

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-1 06:16
If the unit is unbalanced, then motor wear will incur more rapidly.

Hello DJI-jasmin
ok. thank for answer.
i will try for roll axis balancing.
2016-6-30
Use props
tom_h
lvl.1

Austria

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-6-5 20:03
While we do not recommend users balance the Zen, it can be done.  With the camera and lens installed on the gimbal you will need to adjust the gimbal mounts to allow for a perfect balance in all three axis.  It may take two people to do it accurately.

Hello Tahoe,

I would have a question: I bought a brand new Z15-GH4 and noticed that all axis are out of balance from stock. So I balanced roll and yaw by myself. But what should I do with pitch? There is no possibility to balance pitch complete new. The parts are casted and have their fixed position, no screws to rebalance pitch...

cheers
Tom
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

tom_h Posted at 2017-1-2 08:49
Hello Tahoe,

I would have a question: I bought a brand new Z15-GH4 and noticed that all axis are out of balance from stock. So I balanced roll and yaw by myself. But what should I do with pitch? There is no possibility to balance pitch complete new. The parts are casted and have their fixed position, no screws to rebalance pitch...

Have you tried it with the lens retaining ring on the attached?
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules