2563 25 2016-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received notice and placed an order for the DJI Phantom 4 Charging Hub. The Hub will charge three (3) Batteries in sequence as to which is at its lowest level. Also which is unique to the Charger Hub is that it will discharge as well. The discharge will bring the Batteries to 50% and maintain them at that level for storage this is a big plus folks. Imagine the amount of maintenance time that will be eliminated.
2016-6-2
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Yup, sent straight down from heaven.
2016-6-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you do nothing, the batteries will discharge themselves to around 50%.

So I can't really see much time being saved overall.

2016-6-2
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-6-2 14:46
If you do nothing, the batteries will discharge themselves to around 50%.

So I can't really see muc ...

I realize that. The Hub is supposed to maintain the batteries at 50%. Therefore you will not have to do a charge and discharge cycle. Just leave them in the hub and no worries.
2016-6-2
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Dear All,

I think it is time for me to get onee of these for myself. I am planning on small few day trips with my bird and I think I'm gonna need one, just to get some good night sleeps while charging three batteries all at once.

Would anyone be able to refer to an online/physical  store that would ship internationally, please? I'm not able to purchase through the dji online store, and couldn't find a seller that would internationally ship on amazon. There are few listed on ebay, but I just can't make up my mind whether or not to buy from any of them, as I doubt that they will be the original dji battery hubs. My local dji authorized stores haven't got any in stock, and they don't know when can they have one on hand.

Thank you so much if anyone could give me a hand here. I've tried to go  through the list of dealers on the dji website though, but there are hundreds there. Big job to search and enquire one by one! Few of them would carry one but again, no shipping.

FYI, any online store or even a physical store that would ship to the below shipping address will be a big help.
City: Jakarta

Cheers,
Hans
2016-6-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

vandruten Posted at 2016-6-3 17:49
Dear All,

I think it is time for me to get onee of these for myself. I am planning on small few day ...

You have to order it direct from DJI. There are no Dealers carrying it at this time. Shipping is fast Mine shipped from DJI the day after I ordered.
2016-6-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rodger Posted at 2016-6-4 12:46
You have to order it direct from DJI. There are no Dealers carrying it at this time. Shipping is f ...

I ordered mine through a national dealer here in UK and had it within a few days, so I still have the option of walking back into store if anything needed attention. So there are alternatives to direct from DJI and dealing with any potential future issues.
2016-6-4
Use props
visitkans
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80413 ft
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-6-4 13:42
I ordered mine through a national dealer here in UK and had it within a few days, so I still have  ...

Where did you get it in the uk, would get one myself if available locally, 11 quid for shipping is massive.
2016-6-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

visitkans Posted at 2016-6-4 13:59
Where did you get it in the uk, would get one myself if available locally, 11 quid for shipping is ...

Sorry I was referring to Phantom 4 aircraft

I've just realised topic was specifically charging hub {:4_177:}
2016-6-4
Use props
visitkans
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-6-4 14:33
Sorry I was referring to Phantom 4 aircraft

I've just realised topic was specifically c ...

Ahh no worries mate..
2016-6-4
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

rodger Posted at 2016-6-4 18:46
You have to order it direct from DJI. There are no Dealers carrying it at this time. Shipping is f ...

Hi Rodger, thanks for the idea but DJI isn't shipping to Indonesia.

It'll be awesome if anyone knows any shop that would ship for a good rate and speed.
2016-6-4
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Aardvark Posted at 2016-6-4 19:42
I ordered mine through a national dealer here in UK and had it within a few days, so I still have  ...

You're so lucky there, mate! The dealers here haven't got a clue as to when the new hubs are coming.
2016-6-4
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

vandruten Posted at 2016-6-4 17:12
Hi Rodger, thanks for the idea but DJI isn't shipping to Indonesia.

It'll be awesome if anyone kn ...

What is DJI's issue with Indonesia?
The way things are going in the World today DJI may not be shipping anything with the ongoing situation with China. The free World is getting close to imposing sanctions on China.
2016-6-5
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-6-4 08:42

Interesting. I was going by a press release that stated that they only were available from DJI direct.
My Vender of choice is B&H Photo in New York, USA. Their service and customer satisfaction is second to none. And they don't reship returns. Well, mine is on it' way now.
2016-6-5
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

rodger Posted at 2016-6-5 19:57
What is DJI's issue with Indonesia?
The way things are going in the World today DJI may not be shi ...

I have no idea whatsoever about their issues with Indonesia. They reckon its with the customs. I'm confused now as to why they're not shipping to this country. I'm sure almost everything DJI ever made / put their name on has been made in China, and there are countless chinese made things available here. The market is huge here.

Oh now I remember, there has been several times over the past 7-8 years I've been getting parts being sent in by few motorcycle dealerships in the US and few car dealerships in the UK. We've had no problems with the Royal Mail Signed, USPS, Priority Mail shipments and a few more. I've had quite a number of shipments from China, too, through the e of bay. All this I have proof. I'm not trying to brag or start flaming at anything right now. But if you ban so many countries on shipping, have you calculate the scale of opportunity you might have missed? And the needs for your products by so many dji owners out there?

DJI you can always try first! Try to enable shipments on parts and accessories that are below a price tag of USD.100, for example. I reckon anything below 100 bucks are pretty much consumables (parts wise) - those that many of us pilots will need the most.

And at the end of the day, should you still think that lifting the ban on those countries is not an option yet, could you at least speed up the process to get your worldwide dealers to have parts and accessories to be ready in stores?? Come on lads!
2016-6-5
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

rodger Posted at 2016-6-5 20:06
Interesting. I was going by a press release that stated that they only were available from DJI dir ...

Good to hear, mate. Hope yours will arrive soon
2016-6-5
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

vandruten Posted at 2016-6-5 13:03
I have no idea whatsoever about their issues with Indonesia. They reckon its with the customs. I'm ...

I think you answered your own question only you will have to wait a little longer. Keep checking eBay. Just a matter of time before they pop up there. Keep an eye out for the Dealer that you bought your Phantom from.
2016-6-6
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

vandruten Posted at 2016-6-5 13:04
Good to hear, mate. Hope yours will arrive soon

Hopefully this week. I am anxious to see how it works out for the storage issue. I would rather let the batteries discharge and recharge the day before I am going to fly instead cycling them myself.
2016-6-6
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mine arrived today and I am using it as we speak/ I see nothing but quality. Nothing wrong with the switch on mine as reported by another person.
T am wondering if anyone has an idea as to what the USB connector is or will be for. Battery Data??
2016-6-6
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rodger Posted at 2016-6-6 16:10
Mine arrived today and I am using it as we speak/ I see nothing but quality. Nothing wrong with the  ...

it is for future firmware updates , the Inspire Hub updates the same way.
2016-6-6
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

rodger Posted at 2016-6-6 22:10
Mine arrived today and I am using it as we speak/ I see nothing but quality. Nothing wrong with the  ...

Good to hear, bud!

There maybe a usb-jack-directly-charge-to-aircraft type of charger coming up. And I don't know what the h*ll I am talking about. A battery trouble can burn the whole aircraft down {:4_177:}
2016-6-6
Use props
bengalboy69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the "fast chargers" that are being sold for the P4 batteries?  There is a discussion on the P4 FaceBook page regarding one for $70 that will charge 3 batteries in about 1 hour 30 minutes.  Some people are swearing by these "fast chargers" but I'm concerned it would possibly damage the P4 battery.  Anyone have personal experience with these rapid multiple battery chargers?
2016-6-6
Use props
visitkans
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Received mine today, quality is good and very well made, cant fault it, switch is solid too, even thou a bit expensive, like this acc.
2016-6-7
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

visitkans Posted at 2016-6-7 08:51
Received mine today, quality is good and very well made, cant fault it, switch is solid too, even th ...

I agree. I like the storage mode it works well. Yesterday I put a battery in that was down around 20% (1 LED) and it brought the battery up to 50% (2 LED's) and the shut off. Still curious about the USB connection.
2016-6-8
Use props
thesinfull1
New
Flight distance : 27661 ft
Uzbekistan

I had to send my phantom pro 4 back to dji for repair/replacement so while waiting for it's return, I swapped the charging hub to "storage". I thought this was what I should do instead of allowing my other 2 batteries stay charged or allow them to completely discharge. I received my new drone, swapped the charging hub back to "charge" setting, but unfortunately they batteries will not charge. Am I doing something wrong? The indicating lights stay at yellow never giving an indication that they are charging and when I try powering up the batteries, they just turn themselves back off.
2017-6-1
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

thesinfull1 Posted at 2017-6-1 14:01
I had to send my phantom pro 4 back to dji for repair/replacement so while waiting for it's return, I swapped the charging hub to "storage". I thought this was what I should do instead of allowing my other 2 batteries stay charged or allow them to completely discharge. I received my new drone, swapped the charging hub back to "charge" setting, but unfortunately they batteries will not charge. Am I doing something wrong? The indicating lights stay at yellow never giving an indication that they are charging and when I try powering up the batteries, they just turn themselves back off.

Try rebooting everything a couple of times and put the battery in your phantom and turn it on in between. Also try moving the charge/storage switch back and forth a few times.
2017-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules