Would you buy another dji or other brand?
2645 17 2015-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

Out of curiosity if something happens where you had to buy a new quadcopter would you stay with dji?
2015-1-20
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

I don't know. All the horror stories I read kind of scare the feces out of me but my P2V+ v3 has been working pretty well over the past 25 flights.  My issues with DJI is their customer service issues and their lack of clarity and response to their customers.

The question is who is the competitor in the price range, with similar features?
2015-1-20
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

JATO Posted at 2015-1-21 10:46
I don't know. All the horror stories I read kind of scare the feces out of me but my P2V+ v3 has bee ...

I have 2 vision +'s now and if I HAD to buy another, I wouldn't hesitate at all. there would be three in the bird cage.
2015-1-20
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Same here; DJI, yes
2015-1-20
Use props
skymaker6.email
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

I would have to say, I would get another DJI. I have two now, and if I had the money now I would my the new one, but would wait another 6 months to 1 year, to get all of the bugs out.
2015-1-20
Use props
flhx2010
lvl.1

United States

Absolutely. Mines the most fun Ive ever had not being on a Harley.
2015-1-20
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.2

United States

If I didn't have American Express and Amazon, I wouldn't have been comfortable dealing with DJI.  I like the product, but their customer service is truly the worst I've seen for such a higher end consumer product.  

I worry about their QA standards.  

After saying this. I'm looking at the Inspire but won't get it until it's on Amazon.
2015-1-20
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i plan to do like gerry and buy a broken one online and buy parts for it to get a second one.  if i were buying a second one retail, i would buy their product again but i would agree with sentiments that if something goes wrong with one of them, im not expecting to be happy about their service.  and i bought mine directly from them so next time i would buy from one of the hobby shops in ATL or up in the northeast.

however, come to think of it, i guess i dont know much about the competition in terms of what other (truly comparable) brands/models are there out there with the same capabilities (i only own a P2V non-plus but im very happy with it).
2015-1-20
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Gertrude and Heathcliff
DSCN0048.JPG
DSCN0050.JPG
2015-1-20
Use props
BuddhaBelly
lvl.2

United States

Confucius says yes.
2015-1-21
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

D'OH!  I'm just a Lemming following the others off the cliff...

then bought another one then did a swan dive off the cliff...

bought two more and and did a half-gainer with double twist
(Nope, no static involved.  Sigh... it's just not as funny when you have to explain your joke: people why buy DJI are lemming, I'm a lemming, yada, yada...)

2015-1-21
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

gil Posted at 2015-1-21 21:10
D'OH!  I'm just a Lemming following the others off the cliff...

then bought another one then did a ...

Sounds like you've got too much static on your body interfering with the controls.
2015-1-21
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I would not buying a Phantom anymore since the technic is getting a bit old now i think. For example newer small form factor RTF copters have a better design, not in case of looks but in case of more clever design. For example the TT Ghost has the compass on the top which is better in my mind. It has also a much more sensitive GPS modul, since it can receive sats inside the house according to some videos. The Inspire has a much better GPS as well i think since it can receive like 17 sats,  i never had that much with the phantom series. Also the batteries are better and cheaper since you can use every brand and it can lift a Sony RX100. What worries me about the Phantom are those smart batteries, i read several stories about the poor lifetime of these. Some are finished after 30 flights which is scary. So all in all i would prefer a ghost, maybe an inspire or wait for a Phantom3. Maybe DJI need a RTF copter with gopro support and analog FPV between the inspire and Phantom series.
2015-1-21
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

I was thinking of the Phantom 2 vision + Ver3, but this bad boy has caught my eye -YUNEEC Q500 - Typhoon .

2015-1-21
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would buy another DJI product and I'm sure I will.  Inspire here I come!
2015-1-21
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

I love my Phantom. In addition, I'm planing on building a custom high speed drone myself. Not for filming, just to go out to open area and simply have fun.

But when it comes to filming, what can beat DJI in price and funktions? This could could change soon, the competitors aren't sleeping either.
2015-1-21
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes I would buy from DJI again.

An Aspire is on my next xmas shopping list.
2015-1-22
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

For me. I am seriously considering an S900. DJI autopilots are used by so many different companies making drone airframes. Airframes are easy. It is the flight electronics that seem to have many other companies stuck. DJI A2 system and Naza M system is everywhere. I have had great results so far.
2015-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules