Dji team,do you offer technical help or only repeat from the manuals
2829 15 2016-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
datincan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United Kingdom

Your RC software upgraded my Dj6 controller with the wrong firmawre .
All I need is a way to downgrade the firmware to how it was before.

I have made a post about this.

I see Dji Froum support answers questions after my post, but ignore my post.

Dji are you going to ignore my post or do I wait more time for your solution.

Thnak you.
2016-6-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What is a Dj6 controller ?

If you supply more detail (current RC firmware build, old build) then somebody may be able to help you.
2016-6-4
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Uh Dude... slow your roll.  Posting about the same problem three different times in three different ways is not the way to get people to help you.  Doing a copy-and-paste directly from tom.breathnach, typos included, and reposting it as your own is especially annoying!   It's more likely to get you ignored than anything else.

A single post with an accompanying descriptive subject line is sufficient.  Include a detailed explanation of how your problem occurred, along with any troubleshooting steps you've tried and then make every attempt to muster the patience to wait for a response.
2016-6-4
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gil Posted at 2016-6-4 14:07
Uh Dude... slow your roll.  Posting about the same problem three different times in three different  ...

Hi ya, Yea sorry to have made something annoying, I saw that after I made my post DJi support kept replying to other posts, and even replied to me one other thread where I offer help to someone else but ignored my post. I wanted to make it annoying to Dji support so they would have to deal with it, apologies for annoying the community in general.
The user name tom.b....is this account, it's not 2 separate one's, for privacy I just changed the user name of tom.bre....to this name last night...the forum software seems to keep the old name tagged to the old posts and new name to new posts. This was not intentions to pose as two users.

The problem is simply that I did a firmware upgrade on the controller DJ6 (this is a stock Dji 2.4mhz radio controller that came with the P2). Whatever firmware was on as it shipped in 2014 is the firmware I upgraded from. The old version number I do not know, I didn't record it, and neither the RC or the P2 software keep a record of it.

The present firmware v is 1.0.2.26 (the RC software says this is the latest version)
The hardware id is 02D0110232 (maybe this be used to the firmware which really should be on it.)
There is a zenmuse HD-3D gimbal on the P2.

Symptoms,
After the upgrade, the gimbal tilt does not respond on the P2.
Before the upgrade, the Dj6 always turned on with a single red light only and no bleeping.(there is only 1 light that's on the front.) This seems normal for users in Europe. Now it turns on with 3 quick bleeps and a Green light.
I have made many RC and P2 and manual calibrations as described in many posts here and on phantonpilots and nothing changes.
The gimbal channel does work on the RC and PC software, only not on the phantom.
All other channels work on both the RC, P2 software, and on the P2.

One post I saw mentioned that this could be a issue where the firmware loaded is not for a P2 with a tillable gimbal. As the controller boots up i.e. with a green not a red light, and bleeping as opposed to not bleeping, and from various posts I have read, I am of the strong suspicion that firmware downgrade to the firmware which came as shipped would resolve the issue. Various post in different forums make requests for this downgrade, but these request never seem solved.

I am selling my P2, I have a buyer and I want all to be ok when selling. So apologies for the pressing of the subject.

2016-6-4
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

datincan Posted at 2016-6-4 06:34
Hi ya, Yea sorry to have made something annoying, I saw that after I made my post DJi support kept ...

I hope someone is able to help you out,  but the thing is,  this is not support.  This is just a user forum.  Yes,  there are some Dji employees on here that are moderators for the forum.  And yes,  they do try to help out when they can.  But if your issue is one that can not be resolved on here,  you need to contact Dji Support.  That will get you results faster than on here,  probably.
Good luck.
2016-6-4
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-6-4 14:52
I hope someone is able to help you out,  but the thing is,  this is not support.  This is just a u ...

Thanks....I just need a link to the original firmware, hopefully it's in reach of Dji staff here..
2016-6-4
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

FYI, three quick beeps and a green light is normal for this upgrade.

I tried to duplicate your problem. Before I go into a long explanation of what I did, I need to know the answers to these questions:

Does your DJ6 controller have an internal or external USB port?
Does your DJ6 controller have a lever or thumbwheel control for the gimbal?
Is your transmitter version set for Upgrade Version or Basic Version?

To begin, I have all three of the Phantom series so I first had to figure out which one of five controllers went with my P2 H3-3D.

I have two of the DJ6 controllers, a newer model with an external USB port (FW version 1.0.1.24) and an older model with the USB port inside (FW version 1.0.1.0).  I decided to use the older version as the guinea pig since it had never been upgraded.  This did require opening up the controller since the USB port is internal. I used the DJI RC System Assistant 1.1 to check the version and checked the calibration controls before attempting the upgrade, all controls worked normally.  When I checked for firmware updates it showed the version you were referring to -- V1.0.2.26 -- I was a little baffled by the explanation of what the upgrade was supposed to do: "Upgrade the A2 Firmware to the latest version to use the Master-and-Slaver remote controller feature" (no clue as to what that is referring to!)

I ran the update and power cycled the controller.  I then went through the TRANSMITTER CALIBRATION WITHOUT SOFTWARE procedure.  Initially I thought I had dupliced the problem because the gimbal control was not working BUT I then realized it was because I still had the controller open in two pieces and there was no mechanical linkage between the lever on the bottom to the potentiometer on the top circuit board (D'OH!)  I had to drill a hole in the side of the controller so I could keep the USB cable connected while I reassembled the top and bottom of the controller.  I repeated the transmitter calibration successfully this time.  

I then needed to link this particular controller to the Phantom 2 H3-3D, since it was currently using the other controller, which I did sucessfully.  I then ran through the calibration procedure with the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant 3.6 and everything, including the gimbal, worked as expected.

So, after all that I was unable to reproduce your issue.  I can only guess you may have overlooked something that you will want to kick yourself for afterwards.

DJ6 controller open.JPG
DJ6_v1.0.2.26r.jpg
2016-6-5
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gil Posted at 2016-6-5 16:06

I tried to duplicate your pro ...

My God Man, Thank you so much for doing this and also risking bricking one of your controllers.

To answer your questions,
My controller has the external usb port.
It has the lever on the back...this is connected fine to the pedometer, in the RC software it show a calibration range from + to - 1000, in the P2 software it is responding in the limits of the lever, about -60 to + 360.
The transmitter is set to the basic version and in mode 2.

Hopefully I wont be kicking myself for missing something obvious, I've been through everything so many times now I hope not but it's always possible. As soon as I find the problem I'll report back....btw I saw that there is  a lever available for Tx upgrades, since you now have x1 turned on a hole in your tx,.....if you pm me a shipping address I'd like to get one of these sent out to you for your troubles...thanks again...
2016-6-5
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

datincan Posted at 2016-6-5 11:41
My God Man, Thank you so much for doing this and also risking bricking one of your controllers.

To ...

No need, that particular controller already has a lever for the X1 gimbal control.  For testing purposes I had to make the hole on the side so I  would be able to keep the USB cable connected when I closed the top and bottom, otherwise the end of the lever would not be able to make physical contact with the pot on the circuit board.
2016-6-5
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gil Posted at 2016-6-5 17:43
No need, that particular controller already has a lever for the X1 gimbal control.  For testing pu ...

So as the Guards say here "following all lines of possible enquiry"

I have taken a look at the X1 channel terminals in the Naza...this is what I can see, it looks like bridging between two connections. The X1 channel is marked on the box as 3rd from the bottom left looking at the box from aft to forward. This bridged connection is also 3rd in in the same position, however on this row with the bridged connection there are more connections than inputs that are marked on the box.
I don't have the tools to try and correct this bridging, but obviously it's some form of manufacturing defect.
DSC_0019.jpg
DSC_0009.jpg
2016-6-5
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just for reference, this is the scale we are talking about...thats why I can't fix it.
DSC_0020.jpg
2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

datincan Posted at 2016-6-6 05:48
Just for reference, this is the scale we are talking about...thats why I can't fix it.

Please call 818-235-0789 at 7am tomorrow morning and they may be able to assist you.
2016-6-5
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-6 00:52
Please call 818-235-0789 at 7am tomorrow morning and they may be able to assist you.

Thank you for responding. I guess that is the service teams number in the USA. I am in Ireland, is the German number where I should call?

2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

datincan Posted at 2016-6-6 08:24
Thank you for responding. I guess that is the service teams number in the USA. I am in Ireland, is ...

联系欧洲.JPG
2016-6-6
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
Ireland

gil Posted at 2016-6-5 16:06

I tried to duplicate your pro ...

So Like you said .."you may have overlooked something that you will want to kick yourself for afterwards.
"  
I avoided upgrading the zenmuse hd-3d gimbal firmware  terrified that it would act odd like it did before which resulted in having to short the pins for a reset....So today with nothing else to loose just before to send it away to dji, I upgraded the gimbal firmware, and immediately the x1 channel was working again....phew..
2016-6-11
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

datincan Posted at 2016-6-11 19:05
So Like you said .."you may have overlooked something that you will want to kick yourself for afte ...

Whew!  Glad to hear you discovered that little oversight.  

For a while I was concerned you were going to try and reverse engineer the NAZA flight controller.  When you posted the photos of the insides I thought to myself "yikes!  He's opening a can of works that won't end well!"

Well, as I like to remind myself every now and then:  "It's only a bad experience if you didn't learn anything!"
2016-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules