Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Los GPS and the rest
830 6 2015-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cornevangorp.em
lvl.1

Brazil

dear phantomnist,
I have a small that became a big problem,
I bought a phantom Vision plus V3 in the about a month ago in the Netherlands after done a good research on the Internet.
Stardet working with it en was really happy surprised with it working really good and thought a was ready to take it with me on the job to Braziel where we ar currently building a very big crane the idea was to make som sort of time lap.
When I came to Braziel I first dit som test at low altitude and then already noticed som strange behavior, but everything was okay!
A had 10 sats the compass was okay and I had the wright coler leds burning.
So slowly I startet flying further until I noticed that the satellites where gone and the leds where flashing yellow, brought it back to the ground on ATI but was not amused at all !!!
Pack my things together and started looking on the net and made contact with DJI and my dealer but the coundend help and also not the net
Sow I tried again, same problem including a small crash ! Dit som recalibration and so.... nothing!!
Then opened it op to look fore problems nothing wrong there.
Started flying again and then find out that I always lost the satellites when I give a commando a special when I starded turning, from 10 to 0 satellites in a second.
I can bring it in the air where ever I want and let it hover fore 10/15/20 min and it will stay in the same place but as sone when I start moving it its all hands on to bring it back save.

Unfortunately I was trying to long the phantom is dead now.....
But a new one is on its way thanks to insurance!!
But before I ruined this one as well I would like to now what happend,, anybody!!?

PS also checkt satellite availability on a site and was okay
2015-1-21
Use props
markus2015
Second Officer

Germany

We could only guess, perhaps a bad GPS unit, a fault in the electronics...
As you are getting a new phantom, you shouldn't worry. This will probably not happen again.
2015-1-21
Use props
cornevangorp.em
lvl.1

Brazil

Okay Markus,
Thanks fore the reply hope your right !
Just heard another  rumor, that the border control divices can damages the phantom but then I think more people should have problems with that.
The thing is that it was working perfect in Holland
2015-1-21
Use props
markus2015
Second Officer

Germany

I just flew to the UK and back last weekend. No problems what so ever. I have only heard reports, where the compass needed to be corrected with a magnet (DJI has a video on youtube to solve this issue).
2015-1-21
Use props
kenargo
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

markus2015 Posted at 2015-1-22 03:51
I just flew to the UK and back last weekend. No problems what so ever. I have only heard reports, wh ...

The magnet trick (degauss) was intended for the old compass and I'm not sure if it is needed with the new sealed compass.  That said; I use a degauss wand on the new compass as a test but I'm not sure it made any different.
2015-1-21
Use props
cornevangorp.em
lvl.1

Brazil

Thanks again,
Thus  that means that satellite control and compass are working together?
I mean I now the work together but will it disturbs sat singnal ?
2015-1-21
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

@kenargo and @markus:

i was curious about the whole flying with it and going through security/metal detectors.  im not an engineer (well not a hardware engineer LOL), so are you guys saying that it is possible that my phantom (a p2v non-plus purchased directly from dji in mid december) would NOT suffer any bad problems with going through an airport check in?   i ask because i dont want to take the time to go with it on vacation and then be stuck where i obviously wont be able to degauss it etc and the last thing i need is to lose it because of a bad compass in the middle of south america or some s*#$ like that.
2015-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules