Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3s returned to Dji THANKYOU Dji vid loss issue fixed great cust sup
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 501913 ft
Australia

For all the experts P3standard iPhone 5s and iPad Air 2
With all current versions and updates
After my aircrafts return from Dji's analysis and repair
By Dji Australian technology in Victoria
I have flown it with the iPhone 5s and the iPad Air 2
And have the same issue
Loss of video and gps signal at above 40 m on the Dji go app
While wifi signal is at full strength
and controler weak signal or total loss at very short distance
And being able to connect both my iPhone and iPad to the wifi produced by the p3s  remote control  at the same time

The fact that this is possible one  would  have to conclude there is a serious problem with the Dji go app and the way it communicates and interfaces with the controller  wifi  and the aircrafts video transfer through the wifi connection
SOMTHING IS NOT RIGHT
As this was not an issue for me a month ago
And my aircraft has been professionally analysed and repaired

Copy of email to Dji support

I have not done anything about the compass calibration I was not able to calibrate it correctly it would only accept the horizontal calibration (the first one ) then it wouldn't accept the vertical calibration ( the second one ) I have not tried anything with the craft as I packed it in the box and gave it to the courier as I was instructed by you after contacting you through Dji support.
I have noticed on the Dji Go app forum some other people are having similar issues with their p3s as I have and it only seems to be after the latest Dji Go app update and latest Dji p3s firmware update
My Issues were as follows
1. Unable to calibrate compass
2. Loss of control signal on app even while only less than 2 meters from aircraft and not flying and also while flying within close proximity (while still able to control aircraft with controller when flying)
3. Loss of video at any height over approximately 30 to 40 meters (video would return as soon as aircraft reduced height below 30 to 40 meters) while still showing full wifi and control signal on Dji Go app
4. Complete Loss of gps signal while in flight (causing aircraft to move in the wind direction due to no gps operation )
5. Being able to connect both my iPhone 5s and iPad Air 2 to the aircraft, controller and Dji Go app via wifi at the same time (yes both iPhone and iPad connected to phantom wifi at the same time) this was not possible before
And is now not possible after updating iPhone iPad and Dji Go app on both

I use my iPhone 5s and my iPad Air 2 and have updated them both as well as the Dji Go app on both of them after sending my aircraft to you
I am hoping that as you have checked my aircraft and all appeared normal when I get my aircraft back it should operate correctly
I will gladly give you any information and details that you may need upon return and subsequent testing of my aircraft with both my iPhone and iPad using the Dji Go app
I thank you for your excellent customer service and support and am looking forward to flying my aircraft upon its return without any issues or problems
Thanking you Darren Phillips

Some poor quality video of the connection issue recorded of test flight apon my aircrafts return

I have sinc my flight records

What do I need to do now to have this problem resolved
Dji??? Moderator's please advise me

Finally a resolution to this issue it seems my conclusions were justified and hopefully I will be back in the air showing everyone I can the fantastic Dji phantom 3 standard in perfect working order
Thanks to all that helped with this issue and Dji for their professional services and customer support
They will always continue to be number 1 in the market
image.png (32.8 KB, Down times: 1)
image.png
2016-6-9
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

If you fly your p3s and reset camera settings whilst in flight it causes the same result of video feed loss as it resets
Just so you can have a better understanding of the issue
image.png
image.png
2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, Darren. What kind of environments do you try to fly your aircraft? Did you send your both of your RC and drone to our service center for diagnosis? Feel free to post your case id here. Thanks.What's more, did you try to adjust the RC and antenna during the flight?

2016-6-9
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-10 10:56
Sorry for the inconvenience caused, Darren. What kind of environments do you try to fly your aircraf ...

I only sent the aircraft as requested by Dji I asked if they wanted the remote and they said no
As for aiming the antenna you can see in the picture I have full wifi and full controller signal as I have previously stated
The gps satellite information disappears along with the vision signal if you have a p3s you can try I suggest you connect and enter camera and then reset the camera settings using the spanner symbol and watch the video feed
It will disconnect as it resets and then comes back
This is exactly what my set up does while flying without resetting the camera settings
2016-6-9
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-10 10:56
Sorry for the inconvenience caused, Darren. What kind of environments do you try to fly your aircraf ...

Here is my case number
image.jpg
2016-6-9
Use props
franciszorrilla
lvl.1

Thailand

i have had the same issue as yours and after my drone came back from repair it still has the same problem.

2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-10 12:23
I only sent the aircraft as requested by Dji I asked if they wanted the remote and they said no
A ...

Please try to reset the RC's Wifi and then relink the RC and drone: 3C重置wifi.JPG
3C对频.JPG
2016-6-9
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-10 12:29
Please try to reset the RC's Wifi and then relink the RC and drone:

I have reset the remote wifi and linked the rc
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2016-6-9
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

This is what happens with rc signal less than a meter apart
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2016-6-9
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

This is what happens with rc signal less than a meter apart
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2016-6-9
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

Do you have any other suggestions or ideas I really want to get this issue dealt with as I have a flying camera that is not working as it is advertised and represented by Dji
2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-10 13:10
Do you have any other suggestions or ideas I really want to get this issue dealt with as I have a  ...

Is it a 2.8.3 app? Do you try it outside?
2016-6-9
Use props
seatk78
lvl.1

Netherlands

The only thing for me that works is a Manuel downgrade. Now everything is working 100% again. Dji told  me it was a hardware problem. The problem is a bad firmware.  Not hardware !!! Or maybe dji produce Drones with different brands of hardware in different countries. I know now how to downgrade but a lott of people dont. Please fix this bug  Dji. Really An Shame That this is happening.
2016-6-10
Use props
amrunner4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87188 ft
United States

seatk78 Posted at 2016-6-10 11:36
The only thing for me that works is a Manuel downgrade. Now everything is working 100% again. Dji to ...

seatk78-

Totally agree with your statements.

What model do you have, and which downgrade method did you use?  What are your final DJI GO app version and quad firmware versions now that it is working?
2016-6-10
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.4

Sri Lanka

seatk78 Posted at 2016-6-10 21:06
The only thing for me that works is a Manuel downgrade. Now everything is working 100% again. Dji to ...

Hello my friend, My phantom 3S is also having the signal lost issue in 40m to 60m after firmware upgrading can you please tell me the way you used for downgrading your phantom and please tell me new firmware version you are running and app version you use.. it is a very big help for me..  I will highly appreciate that..
2016-6-10
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-10 14:07
Is it a 2.8.3 app? Do you try it outside?

Yes it is the latest update as previously stated
Yes I tried it outside
Honestly do you still think that I am doing something wrong
Well over 30 to 40 hours of flying time with this aircraft
With no problems or issues
And definitely not issues like I have now
Please if you can advise me of any possible cause or genuine solution to resolve this problem (other than basic information which is readily available in the operational procedures and tutorials)  I would be most great-full
This is not an operator error
This is not an interference error
And as my aircraft has been fully analyzed and repaired ( no information from Dji on what if any repairs were done )
Then it is not a hardware error by Dji's own admission
So I ask again why is this happening
I purchased this equipment in good faith and with a full understanding of it's advertised specifications and capabilities
And at first this equipment was living up to all it is portrayed to be by Dji's advertising
Unfortunately after the few latest updates to firmware and the flight application Dji Go and iPhones and iPads
This fantastic equipment which I really do enjoy and appreciate and am still proud to own is sadly far from performing as
Advertised and portrayed by Dji and its affiliates
I only hope that Dji take this matter very seriously and accept that there is something very  wrong within the very complex interconnections between the flight application Dji Go and Dji's equipment the, aircraft phantom 3 standard the camera, and flight controller and the wifi connection and the iOS compatible viewing and operational equipment iPhone 5s and iPad Air 2 in my circumstances
I have been very impressed with Dji's support an diligence in trying to ascertain the effects and issues and possible causes of these issues and problems  I am having
I can only have faith in Dji's impeccable professionalism that has been shown up till this very minute and I'm asking again what do I do now to have this professionalism continue and resolve these problems and issues
With the upmost respect
Darren Phillips CAS-152295-D8Z4P8

Please help me Dji
I only hope we can work together to resolve this
2016-6-10
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

Can I ask to be in compliance and meet requirements of the CE regulations it is a requirement that the P3 standard is required to accept interference from other  systems and sources even if it would be detrimental to its operation

This being the requirement how much (to what level)  of the interference does it have to accept ?
Does it have to accept all of it ? Or can it be or is it already filtered ?
And has there been any changes to these levels in the recent updates ?
2016-6-10
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

I just managed to get a few screen shots
image.png
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-12 02:26
I just managed to get a few screen shots

Sorry for the inconvenience cause, Darren. I can understand your feeling. Did you try this method to reflash the firmware? Here is the method:
From the main home page, if you press the graduation hat (upper right corner) and press it for 5-10 seconds then let go, it will take you into the menu. Try to reflash the latest firmware.
Feel free to post the hidden upgrade log here:
1. Enable the option of viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-6-11
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-12 11:12
Sorry for the inconvenience cause, Darren. I can understand your feeling. Did you try this method  ...

Thank you for your support and reply
I have tried as you suggest before re the flash the firmware
Attached picture is the result I got and could not do it
Re your hidden file information unfortunately I do not have a computer
The only thing I can think to try in that regard is to possibly ask the people at
Model flight where I purchased my aircraft to assist in obtaining that information
I have attached some screen shots of a recent flight for you to see
One unusual thing I noticed is the aircrafts orientation in the radar bottom left
You will see it changes in the loss signal pictures and has rotated clockwise
Yet doesn't change on the map bottom right and during this flight at those times I did not change the aircrafts position
Only changed height to get the fault to occur
Your thoughts comments would be greatly appreciated

As for my enjoyment from having my Phantom 3 standard it will continue albeit at a lower vertical height
It still is a wonderful piece of equipment Dji has produced
I'm confident that the problems and issues I have been having will eventually be resolved in future
Updates as I am confident that Dji are aware of these issues and problems and are doing their utmost to resolve them
That's why Dji is number 1 in the market for their equipment and customer service and support

Patiently awaiting your reply and hopefully Dji's updates to resolve this
Thanking you
Darren Phillips

Edit I just realized why the radar shows different position (I think) I may have changed orientation of controller to take the screen shots

2016-6-12
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-12 20:57
Thank you for your support and reply
I have tried as you suggest before re the flash the firmware ...

Here are the pictures
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
2016-6-12
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

I don't know if this would help to determine the cause of this problem
After many hours of information gathering and multiple flights
And looking at the screen shots
It appears that the output video  signal transmission from the aircraft camera along with the data for the video display seems to be the problem
The aircraft remains fully functional and controllable
The gps still operating
And still stability of flight functions
And no deficiency in 5.8 Ghz controller signal strength
And no deficiency in the 2.4 Ghz wifi signal
There only seems to be a weak or no signal from the video and data overlay transmitter
Has there been any changes made to this systems signal output strength in any way or has it inadvertently been affected by the recent updates
I am definitely no expert or do I have any qualifications in this field
I am only trying to help in any way I can to get some resolution to this problem
I hope you don't take offence to my conclusion but it seems logical to me
Thankyou for the continued support
Regards
Darren Phillips
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-13 00:04
I don't know if this would help to determine the cause of this problem
After many hours of informat ...

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your feedback. I'll try to let my colleagues get in touch with you.
2016-6-12
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-13 11:09
Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your feedback. I'll try to let my colleagues get ...

Thankyou for your reply
I have flown my Aircraft multiple times and can get the fault to occur with great regularity
I have also been bench flying the aircraft and experimenting to try and get the same effect to occur
Ie turning off aircraft restarting turning off controller restarting using uhf radios in very close proximity to the aircraft  leaving aircraft and controller on bench and walking outside 30 m away with my iPhone and leaving aircraft and walking outside with controller and iPhone 30 m away
I have synced my flight records in Dji Go app for you to look at   darrenphillips10@live.com is my login
I have almost got a time line of events of which systems
Start and the order they reenguage
I will inform you of my results as soon as I have them
Hopefully it will be some help into resolution of this issue
Thankyou for your support and I will await to hear from your colleagues in the near future
The above login is my contact via emails
Respectfully yours
Darren Phillips
2016-6-12
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-13 11:09
Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your feedback. I'll try to let my colleagues get ...

Thank you DJI-Paladin
I have been contacted by Dji support and they have arranged to have my aircraft picked up and will analyze and repair
And do thorough testing to ensure that my P3standard is in perfect working order before they return it to me

And as I have said before this level of professional customer support from Dji  is the reason why Dji is number 1 in the market
Again I thank you for your efforts and will await the results
Sincerely yours
Darren Phillips
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-13 16:04
Thank you DJI-Paladin
I have been contacted by Dji support and they have arranged to have my airc ...

You are welcome.We will look into your case and your RC should be sent back.
2016-6-13
Use props
unklodie
New

Indonesia

imdilanvlogs@gm Posted at 2016-6-11 02:20
Hello my friend, My phantom 3S is also having the signal lost issue in 40m to 60m after firmware u ...

The Steps :
1. Download the firmware at http://phantomhelp.com/Mobile/Phantom-3-Standard/#FirmwareArchive and select the fw that you want .bin file format

2. Insert the file to sd card, outside folder, and must be the only one .bin file format

3. Turn on the RC and the drone without sd card until it connect (RC and Drone)

4. Connect to DJI GO App (to see downgrade status stay at front page of the app)

5. Insert the sd card. Then the downgrade process is starting and rear led will turn to yellow and there will be beep sound from the drone (it is normal). See at DJI GO app, there will be status bar show the downgrade process. If the rear led becomes green it means the process is complete, you also can see the succes notice at DJI GO App.

6. Restart the RC and Drone, connect DJI GO App, check the FW. Finish.

I hope it can help the issue of 1.6.80 firmware for Phantom 3 Standard

NOTE : DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK!

source : http://forum.dji.com/thread-52777-1-1.html
2016-6-14
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

Finally a resolution to this issue it seems my conclusions were justified and hopefully I will be back in the air showing everyone I can the fantastic Dji phantom 3 standard in perfect working order
Thanks to all that helped with this issue and Dji for their professional services and customer support
They will always continue to be number 1 in the market
image.png
2016-6-15
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.3
Australia

thankyou Dji for your professional customer support
DJI NUMBER ONE IN CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND SERVICE
FORUM MODERATORS THANKYOU MY GRATITUDE And RESPECT
2016-6-16