remote control 200m, without a drone ?
3106 13 2016-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hultaj
lvl.1

Poland

Hi I am new to the drone world, my question is how can I get all the remote functionality (ca. 200m ) with the X5R without using a drone? Can I just use the LB2 and A3 controller without a drone, is it possible ? Can somebody get me started on this, please !
Thanks
Hultaj
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

What you're looking to do would not be possible since the Lightbridge 2 needs an A3 flight controller in order to communicate to the X5 for stick control. For a stand alone X5, you could use an OSMO, but the communication distance is only 25m. It could however allow for you to move the camera by pressing and dragging your finger around the screen.
-Edit-
2016-6-16
Use props
Hultaj
lvl.1

Poland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-17 01:08
What you're looking to do would not be possible since the Lightbridge 2 needs a A2, A3 or a WKM flig ...

Jamie, 25 m is not enough, I am preparing a movie about speedway and need a range of ca. 200m. What if I use the WKM flight controller to communicate to the X5, would I need a A2 or A3 mounted with the X5 on the quad ?
Thanx
2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hultaj Posted at 2016-6-19 06:31
Jamie, 25 m is not enough, I am preparing a movie about speedway and need a range of ca. 200m. Wha ...

Hello Hultaj,
The Lightbright 2 is only compatible with these HD Gimbals: Z15-GH4, Z15-5D III, Z15-A7, Z15-BMPCC
To have a better understanding about the LB2, please go through the LB2 User Manual: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/lightbridge2/en/DJI_Lightbridge_2_User_Manual_en_V1.2.pdf
Below is the illustration about how to set up the LB2 and the A2 with the HD gimbal: A2 LB2 Z15.png
Thanks.
2016-6-19
Use props
Hultaj
lvl.1

Poland

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-19 10:32
Hello Hultaj,
The Lightbright 2 is only compatible with these HD Gimbals: Z15-GH4, Z15-5D III, Z15 ...

OK, so theoretically I could use all the hardware mentioned in the picture above, without the drone! Mounted to a self made "box" and then use the WKM flight controller to operate the X5, is that right ? Or do I make a mistake here ?
Best
Hultaj
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Hultaj Posted at 2016-6-20 04:38
OK, so theoretically I could use all the hardware mentioned in the picture above, without the dron ...

To clarify, which I've also corrected in my previous post, the X3/X5/XT gimbal mount is only compatible with the Lightbridge 2/ A3 combination. Older flight controllers like the A2 and WKM cannot use this mount.

In theory, you should be able to do what you're looking for, but please be advised that it may require modifications to wiring that could void the warranty of the product should you run into issues.
2016-6-20
Use props
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23665 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-20 12:32
To clarify, which I've also corrected in my previous post, the X3/X5/XT gimbal mount is only compa ...

Jamie:

I am keenly interested in this topic.  I continue to work on a specialized camera box application for manned helicopters.  Could you be so kind as to provide a diagram, documentation reference and a list of DJI products that would need to be purchased to be able to utilize the Matrice 600 gimbal mount with an X3/X5 camera standalone but controlled via a DJI remote control + ipad?   Right now, I am mounting an Osmo to a real helicopter.  It works but there are issues with the gimbal horizon not saying level after turns.  Wondering if the A3 would provide extra functionality to help keep the gimbal horizon level when experiencing some light g forces in banking turns.

Thanks much for any guidance you can give on this topic.

Ted
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tedrosenberger Posted at 2016-6-24 07:14
Jamie:

I am keenly interested in this topic.  I continue to work on a specialized camera box appl ...

There's not much that I can provide in regards to those kind of modifications. Based on some of the threads that have modified the X Mount to work on the Spreading Wings platform, they tend to use the basics of the A3, Lightbridge 2 and the X Mount which would come with the necessary cabling.

http://store.dji.com/product/a3-lightbridge-2
http://store.dji.com/product/mat ... al-mounting-bracket

The only diagram that I could provide for cable connections is from the M600 manual, as it has a non modified A3 and LB2 (physically speaking) preinstalled.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _v1.0_en_160523.pdf

As far as modifying the mount itself to attach to your set up, you may want to search the Pro System forums for suggestions for others that have made modifications to have it fit on their rigs.
2016-6-23
Use props
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-24 00:27
There's not much that I can provide in regards to those kind of modifications. Based on some of the ...

Very helpful start Jamie.   I really appreciate it.  Final questions:

1. Does the A3 have extra g-force sensors (that the OSMO does not) that would help keep the camera horizon level?   

2. Are the orientation sensors for the Osmo in the Osmo handle, the X3/X5 gimbal or both?   Wondering if it's technically possible to separate the Osmo handle from the gimbal (with a custom cable) yet have it still work?   This is "plan B" for me.

2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tedrosenberger Posted at 2016-6-24 21:27
Very helpful start Jamie.   I really appreciate it.  Final questions:

1. Does the A3 have extra g ...

The A3 would have the technology needed to assist with gimbal orientation. Regarding the OSMO, the black OSMO camera does have similar orientation sensors as the Inspire 1's X3 and X5, but the camera motors and built in GCUs from the X5 and X3 are made to handle the addtional wind resistance. I believe the custom cable option would not have an optimal effect for what you're looking for.

Please be advised that if you only have the OSMO specific camera, you would need to get the Inspire 1's X3 or the X5 to use with the X Mounting Kit.
2016-6-24
Use props
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-24 11:12
The A3 would have the technology needed to assist with gimbal orientation. Regarding the OSMO, the ...

Jamie:

is it possible to speak with you on the phone?  If so, please let me know a number where you can be reached.  I'd like to tap your brain just a little more on this topic before pulling the trigger on purchasing several thousand dollars worth of DJI equipment to try for my specialty application.   you can email me your contact info.   my email is ted @ vertivue.com
2016-6-24
Use props
Hultaj
lvl.1

Poland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-24 17:12
The A3 would have the technology needed to assist with gimbal orientation. Regarding the OSMO, the ...

Thanx Jamie, it was very helpful  I think I will manage it
Best
2016-6-24
Use props
cineheli
New

Switzerland

Hi Hultaj, did you find out what's the voltage requirement for the matrice x5-plate? Can you plug 6s? Did I miss documentation somewhere? Thanks.
2016-6-27
Use props
a3
New

Switzerland

Found out: Yes you can power the gimbal with 6s.
2016-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules