Phantom 2 ESC version query
2881 3 2015-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jax_taylor.emai
New

United Kingdom

Hi, one of my props wasn't spinning properly after a VERY minor crash.  I noticed a burning smell coming from it and after contacting my local supplier, I was advised to replace the motor.  I ordered one that day, but on opening the Phantom, I noticed there was smoke damage on the upper case from above the PCB and noticed some damage to the board.  I installed the new motor anyway to see if it worked, but it did the same as before, so the ESC has obviously gone.
My problem is, I can't seem to work out what version ESC I need.  The leaflet with the new motor stated that version 2 would have 'VER. 2' by the barcode, but there isn't.  There is a V2 printed on the circuit board elsewhere.  I'm hoping I've ordered the correct motor too - I've attached photos of the original and the new one along with ESC pics.

Could someone please help me identify what I need to order. I'm pretty sure I know, but just want to double check! Thank you massively in advance!!

The pics are: Original motor, replacement motor, top half of the damaged ESC, underside barcode of the P2 and the other end of the ESC

Jamie

Original motor I'm guessing a 2312

Original motor I'm guessing a 2312
SAM_0705.JPG SAM_0706.JPG

Barcode under phantom

Barcode under phantom

bottom half of ESC

bottom half of ESC

2015-1-21
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

You need the ESC version that is labeled "v2.1" on the white label. The one you have is the early, classic, burnout-prone ESC (the "no-version label" version) wherein DJI installed an ESC in your Phantom that is "not compatible" (their words) with the 2312 motors that they installed. Oops.

The "V2.0" that's printed on the circuit board means nothing. That's just the board hardware version and they ALL are labeled that way. What you need for the 2312 motors is firmware version 2.1, and that's printed on the white label.

You options are to send it to DJI for what would hopefully be a warranty replacment of all of your ESCs with the current version 2.1, or to buy four v2.1's yourself from your dealer or from Amazon for about $20 each and replace them yourself. Requires some soldering skill.

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-DJ ... -1&keywords=dji+esc

Note that the card that came with the motor called for firware version 2.0 (as should be printed on the white label). Note that v2.0 has burnout problems too and the current version that seems to be working OK so far has "v2.1" printed on the label. The card that came with your 2312 motor was obviously printed before they realized that v2.0 wan't good enough.
2015-1-21
Use props
jax_taylor.emai
New

United Kingdom

Thank you so much for coming back to me so quickly.  I contacted DJI and they have advised I return it for a warranty replacement, but unfortunately my useless supplier originally suggested I replace the motor myself, so may have inadvertently voided my warranty.  

There's going to be hell up at technical support tomorrow!

Thank you again.
2015-1-22
Use props
jax_taylor.emai
New

United Kingdom

Thank you so much for coming back to me so quickly.  I contacted DJI and they have advised I return it for a warranty replacement, but unfortunately my useless supplier originally suggested I replace the motor myself, so may have inadvertently voided my warranty.  

There's going to be hell up at technical support tomorrow!

Thank you again.
2015-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules