Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Litchi - no more 32 channels
4647 11 2016-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thomas.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81132 ft

I just updated Litchi on iOS and noticed that I now can't use 32 channels for downlink any more. Just 8 channels are available. Is there a workaround for this new "feature"?
2016-6-18
Use props
jag01usn
lvl.4
United States

Hi Thomas: I have ISO 9.3.2 running in my IPad Mini 3 and still have all 32 channels in Litchi 1.9.0. Not sure why you don't. Have you tried reinstalling Litchi?
2016-6-18
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.3

jag01usn Posted at 2016-6-18 17:14
Hi Thomas: I have ISO 9.3.2 running in my IPad Mini 3 and still have all 32 channels in Litchi 1.9.0 ...

No, it's definitely changed. I got the idea this is a regional thing.
2016-6-18
Use props
maurosacchi
lvl.1

Singapore

same problem, the 32 channels disappeared,  only standard 8 are now available...  any known fix for this?
2016-6-19
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.3

maurosacchi Posted at 2016-6-19 23:38
same problem, the 32 channels disappeared,  only standard 8 are now available...  any known fix for  ...

I really feel hoaxed when a feature I paid for is removed.
2016-6-19
Use props
vandruten
lvl.4

Indonesia

And they just increased the price. I was about to buy this then noticed the price change plus this thread. Thanks Thomas for the info.

If anyone would want to ask them directly on their Google Group, the developer/moderator is always there to answer questions.
There's another interesting point being discussed there too; Litchi and DJI Warranty.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/vctechplus
2016-6-19
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.3
Germany

vandruten Posted at 2016-6-20 03:56
And they just increased the price. I was about to buy this then noticed the price change plus this t ...

You're welcome!

Warranty can always be a problem. And it always depends on the country where you live. You have to differentiate between the legal warranty and the warranty a producer gives you. In the EU we have very special laws about this. They cannot easily circumvent them.

To be safe I would think over twice if I told them that I used Litchi.

By the way, I don't know what the price is right now, but I think they reduced it for a while.  To get stuff cheaper from the App Store I always use reduced cards that I buy in the supermarket.  Here you get them about 20% cheaper very often.

2016-6-19
Use props
vandruten
lvl.4

Indonesia

Thomas. Posted at 2016-6-20 03:28
You're welcome!

Warranty can always be a problem. And it always depends on the country where you l ...

Its unclear yet of what sort of rules we have here. I haven't got any major issues yet with the bird and that's why I haven't spoken to any of the local dealers.

Litchi has gone up from USD.19.99 to 22.99 and they reduced 75% channel availability. What a way to go.

What difference have you found aftr 8 channels being available only? I might encounter the same issue as I'm located at about the same region as Maurosacchi above.
2016-6-19
Use props
spmcgrath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft

Has anyone managed to find a workaround to enable the full 32 channels in the Litchi app? I have them in DJI Go, but not in Litchi. Thanks
2016-9-1
Use props
dak162
First Officer
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

The reason 32 channels are cut down to 8 is because the 32 channels are outside of ISM bands. Read as: NOT LEGAL with respect to FCC (US) rules. The frequencies between 2.3-2.4Ghz need a ham radio license in most countries
Now, I understand operators may not be concerned about this legality, but DJI is (DJI cut lightbridge from 32 channels to 8) and Litchi may be. All channels are supposed to be in the 2.4GHz ISM band.
If an operator is caught (somehow) operating outside the rules in this arena, the FCC, not FAA will have something to say about it. Probably in the way of fines. There are devices that cell providers use that can read and display Radio Frequencies over the air.

For the 32 channel hack
Channel 1 is at 2.28Ghz, Channel 32 at 2.596Ghz. 2.5-2.6Ghz is the UMTS band VII, so this can lead to extreme problems with the cellular network providers. Cell providers get pissed when you use or interfere with their bandwith, they pay big money for it.

This is simply factual information, not my opinion one way or the other.

I can only speak for the US, If you are in the EU or other country, you may want to look up the rules that govern over the air radio communications. It will provide some insight as to why DJI and Litchi are doing what they are with available channels.
2016-9-1
Use props
spmcgrath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft

Thanks for info. I get it, and I honestly can't think of many - if any situations - in which 8 channels won't do. It's more a thought experiment and well - because I like to tinker. If there is a config file for DJI Go, surely there is a workaround for Litchi and/or Autopilot too? Curious if anyone has looked into it.
2016-9-1
Use props
Jim Watkins
First Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

Some of us have HAM radio licensees which allow us to legally operate in this band.  I wonder if a modification could be made available to those of us who are legally licensed to operate in that band.

--Jim Watkins
(Burbank California)
2017-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules