Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't use new controller
1515 5 2016-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike9129
First Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Hi,

Bought a new controller as a second remote for my inspire 1 pro.

I cant get any device i have to recognise it through the app when plugged in so i cant see the firmware version. I cant get the remote to connect to the drone (1.8) to use it, and i cant seem to update the firmware on the remote via usb key or micro sd on a usb reader(any of the older versions, from 1.2 through 1.3 where the controller is updated via the app, and so on up to 1.8).

And as it turns out, putting a formatted card with only the 1.9 bin file into the inspire doesnt seem to work either to update the inspire on its own.

Suggestions?

I should add that the remote is GL658A version, which makes me think old firmware is the problem.

Thanks
2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
The firmware upgrade of the RC and the aircraft are separated. If you can't connect your RC to the DJI GO App, please check the USB connection.
Please refer to this tutorial for the firmware upgrade:

Before linking the RC and the aircraft, please make sure they are with the latest firmware.

Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-6-19
Use props
Mike9129
First Officer
Ireland

I can't seem to get anything to actually register with it is my problem. How can I tell if the USB port is functional?

I tried connecting the dji go app via several cables with several devices but it doesn't register with any combination as I can't see the firmware version the remote is running through it.

So then I went reading and I found the old firmware versions to download, pre 1.3 so they should update the remote via a usb key.

So I've tried it through both a formatted usb key with just the bin file on it, and with a formatted micro SD card and an adapter. None of these worked at all.

What's the next thing to try?
2016-6-19
Use props
Mike9129
First Officer
Ireland

I guess i get 1 reply and thats it?
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Mike9129 Posted at 2016-6-19 19:08
I can't seem to get anything to actually register with it is my problem. How can I tell if the USB p ...

I apologize for the delay. Just to clarify, what mobile device are you using? Based on your last post, did you try to put the 1.3 firmware on the RC, or do you need it to confirm that's the issue?
Please be advised that it would be best if you hit "reply" on the post you want to respond to. It will notify the other person that there was a response.
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Mike9129 Posted at 2016-6-21 07:47
I guess i get 1 reply and thats it?

Do you still need help?
2016-7-2
Use props
Advanced