Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTH proper use :)
12247 9 2016-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexassenmacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 216430 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Dear phantomers,it's sunday again and as it's tradition on my channel, I upload a new video . It's a new lecture taken of my course, this time about the proper use of the RTH function. There are a few things many pilots get confused with and I hope this video solves all your questions about it. Hope you like it!

2016-6-19
Use props
Athlon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675364 ft
Germany

Hi Alex,

nice video...thank you.
Could you explain me, what the drone will do in this case?

You fly along a coast line near the sea. the RTH altitude is e.g. 40 m.
the drone is flying near and above the sea level and the coast is e.g. 50 m high.

What should i do in that case?

Thanks
Athlon

RTH

RTH
2016-6-23
Use props
alexassenmacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 216430 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Athlon Posted at 2016-6-23 15:31
Hi Alex,

nice video...thank you.

thanks for the response Athlon,
well the RTH altitude is always set from where the drone takes off. If you fly below the altitude you took off it'll show you the altitud with a "-" e.g. -20 feet. If your RTH altitude is set to 50 feet, and in the case of your painting, the drone will rise to 50 feet over the coast line, so it'll be raising a total of 70 feet.
Hope it helps you
Alex
2016-6-23
Use props
Athlon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675364 ft
Germany

alexassenmacher Posted at 2016-6-23 15:56
thanks for the response Athlon,
well the RTH altitude is always set from where the drone takes off ...

Thank you very much Alex :-)!
2016-6-23
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Thanks for your sharing ```
2016-6-23
Use props
scasa
New

United States

Thank you that was very helpful
2016-6-26
Use props
mazavaleta
New
Mexico

Very good video.
2016-6-27
Use props
jim.jagiya
New

Canada

This is a great video as far as what it contains - but there are several intricacies of the RTH feature that are not covered which could also get users in trouble - the two which spring immediately to mind are:
1.  If you're drone is within 20 horizontal meters of its home point when RTH is triggered, it will neither rise to the predefined altitude, nor will it return to the home point.  It will auto-land exactly where it is.
2.  When RTH is initially triggered, the drone will begin to rise to the RTH altitude you specified - but once the drone is above 20m, any application of throttle will halt the ascent and the drone will begin travelling home at whatever altitude it had reached when you applied throttle.
There are more special behaviours with regards to the hard-coded 20m altitude.  I think there is definitely enough additional material available on RTH to warrant a follow-up video!
2016-6-27
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

jim.jagiya Posted at 2016-6-28 15:55
This is a great video as far as what it contains - but there are several intricacies of the RTH feat ...

I never understand why pushing up the throttle stops the ascending when it's above 20 meters, not sure the rational behind this. Users might just want it to go up faster.
2016-6-28
Use props
Ipecactus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25489 ft
United States

This video doesn't work anymore.
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules