Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
is there any reason to wait?
1462 10 2015-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adrianmizzi1983
lvl.2

Malta

is there any reason to wait on getting a p2vp?  Ie: updates, newer versions, upgrades etc?
2015-1-22
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Well, if you wait 12 months there will be something better, if you wait another 12 months something even better than that will be available.
So you see, the right time to buy is now if you want one now. Why wait?
2015-1-22
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

The upgrades were made in November so you would be getting the newer model...of course you have to be careful to not buy old stock from a dealer.....

Here is my humble opinion - others can think for themselves as to whether this makes sense.....

So, they updated in November - BUT, production burps which tend to occur at the start of any upgrade (and software updates) means that it takes a few months (maybe 60-90 days) to get everything humming along. Add to that the Holiday rush in sales, deliveries and the Inspire Launch and DJI is/was under a lot of strain for the past 60 days. This is now starting to loosen as they have filled most all back orders on the Phantoms.

So, I'd say you are safe from here forward - but waiting another couple of weeks (if you don't need it instantly) would also be good just to make sure any and all units built in the holiday rush have been pushed the pipeline.

Of course, that's not a scientific answer and I have no inside knowledge - but it's always best not to be the first deliveries of just about any complex and high technology.

I need to pick up a )P2 myself - but it's mid-winter so I will probably wait at least another 30-60 days. Chinese New Year (Feb 19) will usually result in some production and shipping halts.

2015-1-22
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No.

If you are going to wait for the "next new version" you will never own.  There will always be something new, something next and more often then you might know a company releases the next new thing at the same time as they work on the next, next new thing.
2015-1-22
Use props
chuck26287.emai
lvl.1

United States

The stats say this post has been viewed 59 times, and has two replies, yet I see no replies following the post.  Am I missing something?  I know I have posted comments on this forum and they have shortly thereafter totally disappeared.  Was there really two replies to this thread at some time?  Were they positive or negative comments as far as DJI would be concerned?

To address the OP, I think there are current issues with V3 that are causing some people to hold of purchasing right now.  Getting proper ESC versions is a concern I believe.  Worth diving deeper into on the forum to investigate at the least.
2015-1-22
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

I would have to say NO. Go for it and get one if you really want it.
2015-1-22
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Five replies and only 2 showing, DJI, fix this page!
2015-1-22
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

I received my P2VP 2 weeks ago from DJI in China, I live in the US. I checked my ESC's the other night after reading through the forums and I have the good v2.1 ESC's. I Have had flawless 20+ flights with no problems(knocks on wood). Make sure to follow a good check list before each flight, make sure when your phantom sets the correct Home spot before launch and I dont see any reason to wait.  Get it!
2015-1-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Glad I did not wait, bought Dec 31st and have nearly 30 flights as well, have not checked ESC's and as I am a bit rural, I fly a lot of WOT (wide open throttle), I do a bit of off roading and that is how I like to go..
No problems other than self imposed on my first flight!..RTFM! is all I can say..and download this as it is a must have in my opinion:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1h ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0
2015-1-22
Use props
adrianmizzi1983
lvl.2

Malta

Ok, now im excited. Will get one ordered..   Thanks for the replies
2015-1-23
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-23 07:32
Five replies and only 2 showing, DJI, fix this page!

There have been posts disappearing in different threads. On of mine went into hyperspace.
2015-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules