Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Prop is hitting the X5 camera mount
3097 25 2016-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djelmore818
lvl.1

United States

Looking for some guidance on this one. I just upgraded to an X5 camera and the camera mount is coming in contact with the prop. I figured out how to adjust the roll of the props but what does that do to the warranty and how tight should the screws be after they are adjusted props. After all only one screw holds the arm in place. Any input is appreciated.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2016-6-22
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.4

United States

Those are non standard props. So the question is are they longer? It looks it to me as my tips stop right over the bushings.
2016-6-22
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You are playing with fire here my friend.  I would keep stock props on it and put any adjustments you may have done on the aircraft back to factory settings .
Also what do you mean buy "adjusting the roll of the Props "  

I can always appreciate Pilots making adjustments and Mods but this will, effect the flight  dyanamics of the aircraft.
Did you get the upgrade  to the landing gear pads , ( the landing gear height extensions ) ?

donnie

2016-6-22
Use props
leanlinao
First Officer
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

If one of the fron legs move slightly then you can get a rotor stuck and that means motor obstruction. That rotor blade is probably designed for v1 gimbal.
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Based on the image provided, you're using 3rd party props that are longer than the stock. Regarding your adjustments and the warranty, you are voiding the warranty due to adjusting them for 3rd party modifications. Should you run into issues that require a repair through our DJI Repair Center, you would be charged for the repair to put the motor back to stock condition.
2016-6-22
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, his props are a tiny bit longer. But that doesn't change the fact that one of the booms is out of adjustment.
These photos show the factory set angle on a V2.0 From: http://forum.dji.com/thread-48845-1-1.html
http://forum1.djicdn.com/data/at ... fv565zojevvzshj.jpg
http://forum1.djicdn.com/data/at ... g9bhhvjvbxhk89n.jpg
2016-6-22
Use props
djelmore818
lvl.1

United States

The props are the exact same length but are just carbon fiber Tmotor props. The issue arose when I upgraded to the X5 camera. When I say roll I mean if you could roll the arm on the right it would move the prop higher to miss the mount. Even with my X3 camera installed and the old props installed the prop distance is still skewed. It appears to me it is a factory issue because I measured my friends prop distance and his matched perfectly. The landing gear have been extended with no other mods to the bird. It has also never had a hard landing so the airframe is not bent. Without that front X5 bracket we would be good but you kinda need it to use the camera and fly.  
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

djelmore818 Posted at 2016-6-23 00:45
The props are the exact same length but are just carbon fiber Tmotor props. The issue arose when I u ...

The alignment issue would best be addressed through a RMA via our North American facility, have you been in contact with them in regards to this issue as well?
2016-6-22
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

djelmore818 Posted at 2016-6-22 11:45
The props are the exact same length but are just carbon fiber Tmotor props. The issue arose when I u ...

The Aircraft's left side is seriously askew, It may have  come from the factory like that  but you never  noticed how crooked it was ?   I would pack that bird up in a heartbeat if it is under warranty.  Also if you take a simple carpenters Pivot you can measure the angle it should be at, which is 30 degrees.  I would not fly it until they figure out what happened.  

Good luck

donnie
2016-6-23
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

I had the same issue after my crash. Looks to me like the main landing gear screw is bent. Does it wobble a bit when raising or lowering the gear? I bet it does. If it's not really bent you can manually adjust it on the bottom by turning the screw till it's even as can be in the distamce from body to prop. I ended changing out the whole landing gear mechanism. Good Luck.
2016-6-23
Use props
fanse89001bf
New

United States

I purchased my inspire used through eBay. There is evidence of a hard hit to the front landing gear but they function fine. My carbon props also hit the vibration board. Have you found how to adjust this or a cause? I have no warranty so I'm not concerned with out of warranty repairs. Please , before saying "send it in , it's too complicated " I'm fully capable of removing screws and replacing parts.
2017-6-15
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

This is an easy fix.
xxxhf.jpg
xxxhg.jpg
2017-6-15
Use props
fanse89001bf
New

United States

Thank you sir, I was over analyzing it. Will apply this evening .
2017-6-16
Use props
Justy77
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1869469 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I still think its a dark art to self re-align. Good luck to anyone who attempts it. Hopefully i'll never have the need to do it.
2017-6-16
Use props
Dobmatt
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Justy77 Posted at 2017-6-16 16:02
I still think its a dark art to self re-align. Good luck to anyone who attempts it. Hopefully i'll never have the need to do it.

No, it's actually very simple for anybody with common sense, good eye and basic skills. Exactly as Brother Aeromirage explained ...
2017-6-16
Use props
Justy77
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1869469 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-6-16 22:16
No, it's actually very simple for anybody with common sense, good eye and basic skills. Exactly as Brother Aeromirage explained ...

oooh la dee daa. Sorry for chipping in lord Dobber-matt

all the best Mat's have one T anyway.
2017-6-17
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-6-16 22:16

Agree with you. My props are spot on with my Inspire 1's but my new Inspire 2 had a 3/4" difference tips in the front and in the rear...
I remember that DJI uses a jig to align the legs, but if you are not in warranty, I guess this looks to be pretty easy (if you are careful) and wonder if Loctite is needed?
Rich
2017-6-18
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-18 19:39
Agree with you. My props are spot on with my Inspire 1's but my new Inspire 2 had a 3/4" difference tips in the front and in the rear...
I remember that DJI uses a jig to align the legs, but if you are not in warranty, I guess this looks to be pretty easy (if you are careful) and wonder if Loctite is needed?
Rich

No locktite on this screw.
It is a clamp (clevis) so there is reverse tension on it just like a lockwasher. It grabs a knurled sleeve on the arm. It is designed this way for adjustments plus as a slip point in case of impact to the landing gears. It allows them to move absorbing shock without breaking the linkage. (Small rod)
2017-6-19
Use props
Dobmatt
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-18 19:39
Rich

No, really that much of misalignment? Can you access this screw or it's hidden behind DJI sticker seal? Sending the bird back to fix this only will be absurdly stupid ...

Well, I'm already on 9 week long summer expedition with all my birds and a ton of other photo equipment, wandering around remote mountains and lakes of Western Canada. Of course I'm also at the mercy of cellular network coverage, but I'll be with fellow Brothers at least spiritually ...

Matt.
2017-6-22
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-6-22 18:51
No, really that much of misalignment? Can you access this screw or it's hidden behind DJI sticker seal? Sending the bird back to fix this only will be absurdly stupid ...

Well, I'm already on 9 week long summer expedition with all my birds and a ton of other photo equipment, wandering around remote mountains and lakes of Western Canada. Of course I'm also at the mercy of cellular network coverage, but I'll be with fellow Brothers at least spiritually ...

Hi Matt,

Sounds like you are living the dream! On the Inspire 2 the screw is not hidden and no DJI sticker on this either. I have checked my landing gear arms and the screw is tight that holds the legs.
IMG_8818.JPG
Be careful and have fun send us some photos or videos.   

Rich
2017-6-22
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Inspire 1 does have stickers on some of the screws in order to stop tempering. If the seal is broken, there will be no warranty.
2017-6-22
Use props
Dobmatt
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-22 20:02
Hi Matt,

Sounds like you are living the dream! On the Inspire 2 the screw is not hidden and no DJI sticker on this either. I have checked my landing gear arms and the screw is tight that holds the legs.

Rich, OK than, nothing to loose! Try to undo the clamping bolt (Allen wrench 2mm, I assume, maybe 2.5mm) and see if you can rotate boom tube and align propellers tips. In worst scenario motor mounts can be misaligned as well, and these are permanently adhered to the tube, I believe ... Let us know.

For change I've been victimized by software, suddenly loosing the ability to connect my P3P and Inspire 1 pro with Go app (v.3.1.2). I can control  both birds with RC, but no video feed and of course no telemetry ... Not sure what to do now ... Update Go app to 3.1.11 on my iPad Air 2? Not easy to do having no WiFi in this remote place I'm sitting for now ... To send this reply I had to drive 25 miles toward nearest cell tower ...
2017-6-23
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-6-23 21:26
Rich, OK than, nothing to loose! Try to undo the clamping bolt (Allen wrench 2mm, I assume, maybe 2.5mm) and see if you can rotate boom tube and align propellers tips. In worst scenario motor mounts can be misaligned as well, and these are permanently adhered to the tube, I believe ... Let us know.

For change I've been victimized by software, suddenly loosing the ability to connect my P3P and Inspire 1 pro with Go app (v.3.1.2). I can control  both birds with RC, but no video feed and of course no telemetry ... Not sure what to do now ... Update Go app to 3.1.11 on my iPad Air 2? Not easy to do having no WiFi in this remote place I'm sitting for now ... To send this reply I had to drive 25 miles toward nearest cell tower ...

Matt
Sorry to hear you are having trouble and I sure would not want to do the FW out in the promised land. Hope you can get this sorted out, remember to restart the device (reboot) and of course I know you already familiar with everything else.

The I2 uses Torx #9 screws and I am not going to make any changes right now.  

Let us know if you get everything working again (tough out in the field)

Rich
2017-6-23
Use props
Nigpd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

After seeing these pics, I took a closer look at my Inspire Pro with the props fitted and found that the alignment was out by bollocks.

Followed the instructions above (the screws were covered by stickers, but I'm out of warranty anyway), did the fix in a couple of minutes and now all good

Thanks for the instructions, Aeromirage, much appreciated
2017-6-28
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-6-22 08:25
Yes, his props are a tiny bit longer. But that doesn't change the fact that one of the booms is out of adjustment.
These photos show the factory set angle on a V2.0 From: http://forum.dji.com/thread-48845-1-1.html
http://forum1.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/201604/15/100651afv565zojevvzshj.jpg

The boom on the inspire is easy to adjust, just remove the 8 screws at the T where the the main boom meets the arm and then adjust accordingly.
2017-6-28
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Nigpd Posted at 2017-6-28 03:48
After seeing these pics, I took a closer look at my Inspire Pro with the props fitted and found that the alignment was out by bollocks.

Followed the instructions above (the screws were covered by stickers, but I'm out of warranty anyway), did the fix in a couple of minutes and now all good

You're welcome.
Glad it worked out for you.
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules