Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight log conversion
2826 7 2016-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sroberts
New

United States

Hey y'all,

I am using a Garmin VIRBXE camera to make some videos, and have been adding gauges using the VIRBEdit app on my mac. I love how they look (I built my own custom gauges) and would like to be able to use those same gauges on my Inspire videos. The problem is that I cannot find a way to convert the .DAT file into a .GPX or .FIT that will load in, without losing important data. I have used DatCon to convert to a .CSV and then another converter to make it into a .GPX. When I do, my time and date revert back to 6 p.m. on December 31st, 2009. I also lose my distance traveled and my speed goes from 34mph to 6. I have used Dashware to put gauges on, and it worked fine, but would really love to use the same app so that the videos are identical.

Thanks in advance,
Sheldon
2016-6-22
Use props
sroberts
New

United States

Anyone have any ideas? I would've thought that I would have a response after 4 days... Has anyone else had this problem?
2016-6-27
Use props
vincenzomiceli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1696781 ft
Ireland

sroberts Posted at 2016-6-27 13:37
Anyone have any ideas? I would've thought that I would have a response after 4 days... Has anyone el ...

Try searching for DJI and Dashware. There are a few methods to convert .dat and .txt to csv. Csv can then be converted to gpx.
2016-6-27
Use props
sroberts
New

United States

vincenzomiceli Posted at 2016-6-28 02:55
Try searching for DJI and Dashware. There are a few methods to convert .dat and .txt to csv. Csv c ...

I did. I spent about 3 days looking before I posted on here. As I said in the original post, for some reason when I go DAT to CSV to GPX, I lose quite a bit of information.
2016-6-28
Use props
vincenzomiceli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1696781 ft
Ireland

Gpx contains geographical data. If you convert dat to gpx you probably end up with just the track data. To use the data you convert the DAT or the txt from DJI GO to csv where all the data that the converter understands is saved. Then  you setup a filter on dashware or whatever software to interpret the csv correctly.
2016-6-28
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

sroberts Posted at 2016-6-28 22:03
I did. I spent about 3 days looking before I posted on here. As I said in the original post, for s ...

As vincenzomiceli states, GPX files are XML formatted, not comma separated, CSV. Many DAT/TXT converters will export a KML for Google Earth. The KML file export is much closer to the XML you're looking for with your GPX requirement since Google Earth will also open GPX files...
2016-6-28
Use props
sroberts
New

United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-6-29 04:41
As vincenzomiceli states, GPX files are XML formatted, not comma separated, CSV. Many DAT/TXT conv ...

Thanks. I have already tried going down that route. The problem is that the program I would like to use only accepts GPX and FIT files. It will not read anything else. I need something that will convert to one of those two without the loss of information. All of the data that I really need is GPS related (location, time, date, and speed,) but it gives me an incorrect date, time, and speed. I still get correct location data. The time and date still appear in the GPX, it is just incorrect. My thoughts are that it must be in the converter that I am using, it isn't actually copying that data, just inputting random data...
2016-7-5
Use props
fansc5fe8464
lvl.2
Flight distance : 407175 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sroberts Posted at 2016-7-5 04:22
Thanks. I have already tried going down that route. The problem is that the program I would like to use only accepts GPX and FIT files. It will not read anything else. I need something that will convert to one of those two without the loss of information. All of the data that I really need is GPS related (location, time, date, and speed,) but it gives me an incorrect date, time, and speed. I still get correct location data. The time and date still appear in the GPX, it is just incorrect. My thoughts are that it must be in the converter that I am using, it isn't actually copying that data, just inputting random data...

Any luck? Im having the same issue trying to georeference images using Geotag.

cheers,

Javier
2017-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules