HDMI output module issues
2413 5 2016-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
islandflyer
lvl.1

Guam

Bought the HDMI output module. When I hooked it up for a client to view what the P4 was shooting, the video feed to my iPad was canceled out. Is this normal? I was under the impression that the module would be a secondary video feed, similar to when I use my P2 with GoPro and the transmitted video from my VTX to my monitor can output to another monitor.
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You need to ensure that you enable the dual video output via the Image Transmissions Settings while everything is turned on and plugged in. Please be advised that Phantom 4 questions should go under the Phantom section of the Forum.
2016-6-22
Use props
islandflyer
lvl.1

Guam

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-23 11:19
You need to ensure that you enable the dual video output via the Image Transmissions Settings while  ...

Thank you. My apologies for not posting this under P4. I mistakenly thought this would be best categorized in the 'Accessories' section as it as an product that can be installed on either the P3 or P4.
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

islandflyer Posted at 2016-6-23 13:27
Thank you. My apologies for not posting this under P4. I mistakenly thought this would be best cat ...

It's alright. A good rule of thumb is to lump the accessories with the product they work with. It helps with finding threads in the future.

We're you able to resolve your issue?
2016-6-22
Use props
TJ Sheridan
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-22 21:36
It's alright.  A good rule of thumb is to lump the accessories with the product they work with. It helps with finding threads in the future.

We're you able to resolve your issue?

For anybody wanting to output video both to a tablet and to your goggles, you need the DJI HDMI module for the P3 or P4 (which is installed already on the P4P+ drone with the screen, but NOT on the regular P4P).  I purchased the P4P and bought the HDMI output module separately so I could get HDMI out to some FatShark Transformer goggles, but it didn't work.

So here's the issue:  People using the Android version of the DJI Go4 app do NOT have the feature to enable dual video output.   It's a feature only on the iOS version of the Go4 app.  So when I plugged in HDMI from my goggles, it DISABLED video on the tablet.  That's crazy stupid, because you can't control the drone and make setting changes from the goggles.  It's not a 1 to 1 video feed, meaning what you see on your tablet (with the control interface) is not what you see in your goggles.  The goggles have a completely separate heads-up display (HUD).

Once you install the HDMI module on your transmitter, you need to do a fresh update to the firmware.  Then you need to plug your transmitter into an iOS device (ipad/iphone with proper compatibility), power the transmitter & drone on, and then it will do ANOTHER firmware update that the Android system doesn't do on it's own to the actual Phantom.

Once you've done that, in order to get dual output working properly on an Android device, you need to  go into the iOS version of the Go4 App and go to the HD video tab in settings, and you will see "enable dual HDMI output", which you enable.

Then power everything down, plug your Android tablet back in, and when you power up, the dual output will work.  But keep in mind, that setting still isn't in your Android Go4 App software, it's simply keeping it on because you enabled it while it was connected to iOS.  

I really hope that DJI updates the Android software to include the dual HDMI output functionality.
2017-3-17
Use props
TJ Sheridan
lvl.1
United States

TJ Sheridan Posted at 2017-3-17 20:54
For anybody wanting to output video both to a tablet and to your goggles, you need the DJI HDMI module for the P3 or P4 (which is installed already on the P4P+ drone with the screen, but NOT on the regular P4P).  I purchased the P4P and bought the HDMI output module separately so I could get HDMI out to some FatShark Transformer goggles, but it didn't work.

So here's the issue:  People using the Android version of the DJI Go4 app do NOT have the feature to enable dual video output.   It's a feature only on the iOS version of the Go4 app.  So when I plugged in HDMI from my goggles, it DISABLED video on the tablet.  That's crazy stupid, because you can't control the drone and make setting changes from the goggles.  It's not a 1 to 1 video feed, meaning what you see on your tablet (with the control interface) is not what you see in your goggles.  The goggles have a completely separate heads-up display (HUD).

In my prior post I quoted the feature name wrong, to get dual HDMI output you are looking for the feature "simultaneous image output to app and HDMI".

Enable that from the iOS version of the App, then when you fly from an Android device you can get output to both your tablet and HDMI device.
2017-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules